• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

UGH! I need to pre-order the SNES Classic (in Canada) so I can relax, hopefully someone puts pre-orders up today.

They probably won't, as we still don't have the SE of Metroid Samus Returns...

soultron

Banned
UGH! I need to pre-order the SNES Classic (in Canada) so I can relax, hopefully someone puts pre-orders up today.

They probably won't, as we still don't have the SE of Metroid Samus Returns...

NOC is always like "we can't confirm stock #s so we don't do preorders for the Good Stuff™ -- but have you seen this demo kiosk?"

Fularu

Banned
So it looks like those of us who "lucked out" and got some games for $54 will have it adjusted so it's higher. Damn.

No

Base price dropped, which meant the promotions dropped because they'Re based on the listed price (and not the discounted price).

In short the promotions were reduced when the game got a price decrease resulting in a more expensive game. CSR should easily fix it (just like what happened with Lego City Switch)

There's a lot more people than I expected there to be in that Discord thing.

It'll likely grow even more once we've got all the bot commands and notifications working.

Currently we've got roles for:
  • All provinces & territories. (Buy & Sell / Local Deals & Sales)
  • Deals (Switch, PS4, Xbox, 3DS, Vita, TV, Computer Part, Collectible, General, and Anime, currently.)
  • 'Hunts' (For finding a Switch, Amiibo, Figures, and the SNES, currently.)
We're working on the bot to get those roles out to everyone who joins automatically via commands, but it'll take a day or so to get that 100% working. Once it's done, you'll be able to get notifications for online/local deals the moment they happen.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god I saw two new pages in this thread since the last time I visited and assumed I missed a pre-order for the thing.

L4aZJKml.png

Couldn't let you have all the fun. (added Walmart :) )

snestweet_zpssi9cas5l.jpg

Whales

Banned
I feel like this is gonna be harder to get than a NES classic

Just so much more people are interested in a snes rather than a nes... Yeah sure, nintendo says they plan on making more of them, but im still sure its gonna be hard af to get

chrono01

I feel like this is gonna be harder to get than a NES classic

Just so much more people are interested in a snes rather than a nes... Yeah sure, nintendo says rhey plan on making more of them, but im still sure itd fonna be hard af to get
Nintendo increases manufacturing output by 10%. Demand for the console is increased by 50%, thanks to how the NES Classic was handled.

RIP us. :/

Megasoum

Banned
I was able to get a Switch on day one by just showing up to Walmart and I have a feeling that this will be much more difficult to get.

Savitar

The bad thing about this is Canada listings can be pretty quick or a few days later, be nice to know if it was going to pop today or not.

timnich

So what's the benefit to Discord? I've just signed up to join Canada Deals group, having never used it before it looks like a chat group.

killroy87

So what's the benefit to Discord? I've just signed up to join Canada Deals group, having never used it before it looks like a chat group.

It's just a random mess

Haha. I'm in it, because I still want to be part of the community, but time will tell if it helps or hinders people's ability to be constantly in the loop of new deals. It moves very fast, and it's way easier to miss information. I feel like for the purposes we are using this for, Slack would have been a better platform.

But! I'm still learning Discord, it seems to be pretty interesting, might as well give it a chance. So we'll see.

Yeah, I mostly ignore the chatting because there are too many people to follow it across all the channels. Notifications is the only thing it's good for.

Haha. I'm in it, because I still want to be part of the community, but time will tell if it helps or hinders people's ability to be constantly in the loop of new deals. It moves very fast, and it's way easier to miss information. I feel like for the purposes we are using this for, Slack would have been a better platform.

But! I'm still learning Discord, it seems to be pretty interesting, might as well give it a chance. So we'll see.

Well, for one, you can mainly keep your focus on the #deals-talk and applicable #hunt channels (if you're looking for a Switch/SNES/Amiibo), and ignore the rest. (Active deals will be pinned inside the #deals-talk channel, and removed when they end.)

Secondly, it'll be a lot more useful once we have roles & notifications up and running, so you'll only get pinged for things you want to be pinged for (i.e: Finding a Switch, or a Sale on a TV), and it'll be easy to find them once you are pinged.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 10: Thread was Better Before the Great Discord Schism

FireStorm seems to like the idea and is already part of the Discord team - it's less of a schism and more of an alternative. People can still post in both places, and longer-term discussion still has a place here on GAF.

MercuryLS3

Bestbuy shipped my Switch and gave me a $25 gift card for my troubles. Will use that towards Zelda :)

I'm quite happy, I wasn't even planning on getting the switch but things work out pretty nicely. I'm actually excited to mess with the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom