• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the Discord will settle into two modes: shooting the shit in #free-talk 95% of the time, punctuated by "FUCK SNES MINI IS UP," which will also get cross-posted to the thread.

I think it'll be fine. The Discord has a dedicated channel for shipping talk, which should make some of you feel a lot better about the future of this thread if people actually use it.

Kyolux

Bestbuy shipped my Switch and gave me a $25 gift card for my troubles. Will use that towards Zelda :)

I'm quite happy, I wasn't even planning on getting the switch but things work out pretty nicely. I'm actually excited to mess with the thing.

When did you get the news of it shipping?

bryt

Can I get an invite to the discord? The link in the quote expired.

EDIT: Nvm it works, I just typed it in wrong on my phone the first time.

I have an order on Amazon from E3 with Yoshi, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade and Rocket League. Just noticed the discount isn't being applied to two of the games. Before I go bugging Amazon CS, all four were in the promo, correct?

I have an order on Amazon from E3 with Yoshi, Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade and Rocket League. Just noticed the discount isn't being applied to two of the games. Before I go bugging Amazon CS, all four were in the promo, correct?

Yoshi didn't have the Prime discount applied right away and Rocket League probably didn't either.

Speaking of which, I think Dissidia NT still doesn't have the Prime discount...

Yes, I believe so.

Just to make sure, you did the math and it definitely doesn't work out? The way Amazon shows the discounts on your order can be weird sometimes.

leeman

How reliable is game.co.uk shipping to canada?

Honestly kind of shaky.

I ordered the Animal Crossing amiibo cards from them and the first order never made it. I contacted them and they basically said that since it had been 2 months there was nothing they could do. I made a bit of a stink (politely) and they agreed to refund. I then ordered them again from them (because they were by far the cheapest) and the second order arrived fine.

So, 50/50 for me...

a916

Another Nintendo product, and another reminder how just how behind they are when it comes to product launches... why not announce it further in advance, gauge interest, then align your output to that.

BaconHat

Another Nintendo product, and another reminder how just how behind they are when it comes to product launches... why not announce it further in advance, gauge interest, then align your output to that.

Is that not what they have done, considering the Nes Classic as gauging interest?
(I know that i'm stretching, but i think they learned a bit from the nes, even if it only mean that it will take 20 min to sold out instead of the previous 10.)

a916

Is that not what they have done, considering the Nes Classic as gauging interest?
(I know that i'm stretching, but i think they learned a bit from the nes, even if it only mean that it will take 20 min to sold out instead of the previous 10.)

I mean I'm just a random person on a forum... but why not open up the pre-orders. And then manufacture the amount ordered?

ahdurian

And in case anyone asks, BB.com doesn't ship to Canada.

Canadian retailers are gonna put up all the new Amiibo, Metroid SE and SNES Classic all at the same time. Believe.

but then which will i go for? which do i risk preordering and waiting for the others?
TELL ME

Ryne

This discord idea is genius.

I like it. I'm at work so often it's easy to miss deals. Looks like I can keep up better now.

tiijj

but then which will i go for? which do i risk preordering and waiting for the others?
TELL ME

It's not a question of which one you'll go for but which one will you be able to get or if you'll even be able to get one.

Good luck getting at least one lol.

I'm really thankful that I quit the whole amiibo thing, I can focus everything on the SNES mini.

Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

tiijj

Hi guys, I just got back from travelling so all this snes thing is new to me, are Canadian retailers going to do pre-orders? When can we expect them?

Right now, it's anyone's guess. Usually BB, EB, and walmart do (sometimes i guess) post high demand/low volume items (mostly nintendo stuff) on their social media when they're planning to put them up. I havent seen anything mentioned by either one of those. Amazon just post it whenever they want.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
SNES Classic?

God help us all...

tiijj

SNES Classic?

God help us all...

They did say they are producing significantly more than the NES mini, so instead of 2.3million ww, they'll probably product 2.4 million so an additional 5 more for canada.

We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
They did say they are producing significantly more than the NES mini, so instead of 2.3million ww, they'll probably product 2.4 million so an additional 5 more for canada.

It doesn't matter how much they produce, this thing will be impossible to find.

If you guys thought the NES Classic was popular, it will be dwarfed by this.

Savitar

Thank you guys, so nothing should be up today right? Or should I move next to my computer until September?

Who can say.

It could be in five minutes, it could be in five days, some times our little nation is behind so it's difficult to say what's what. There is only been one pre order up stateside so far and it's not enabled yet.

peter064

Neo Member
Canadian Deals GAF Discord V1.0 is go! (Quote to reveal Link)

Now features:
  • Custom Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

Interested in this

tiijj

u know what's alarming about their statement.

Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017.

That's like 3 months while 5 months for NES classic

Completely agree. The NES is a lot of nostalgia, but the SNES is where gaming really got good, and a lot of excellent games are being put on the SNES Classic

tiijj

Completely agree. The NES is a lot of nostalgia, but the SNES is where gaming really got good, and a lot of excellent games are being put on the SNES Classic

Yeah but it was the nostalgia that pushed people to buy the NES mini, if it wasn't for that, I dont think it would've sold as much as it did or at least it won't be as sought after.

daftstar

Oh shit. I didn't care much for the NES mini but this is a must-have. Hope I can grab one once it goes up on Amazon.

Once the order goes through, it's pretty much a lock right? Anyone experience any cancellations of their NES mini after successfully ordering it?

Edit: I know Wild Guns is already on PS4 but I'd love if it was included on this. Also Mighty Morphin Power Rangers or Turtles in Time..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom