• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cheapest way to get the Zelda DLC? I do plan on getting DLC 2 if a bundle is cheaper...
It only comes as a bundle. There's no buying only a part of it. Cheapest way would probably be making another Nintendo account from another country.

DownLoad

I live in downtown Calgary and Amazon has been pretty good for me. I'm in an apartment and when they don't need a signature they just leave my package at my door, packages that need signatures are ready to be picked up at my post office that same day. Not sure which company is actually making the deliveries though.

If you can pick them up at your post office I imagine it's still Canada Post? Cause if it was with Intelcom, they made me go to their office by the airport to pick up my package once (which turns out was closed even tho they said it was open smh).

If that's the case, it's interesting that they don't go downtown.

Mikey Jr.

What the hell, I have Amazon Prime, have 2-day priority shipping, says it's going to ship today and come tomorrow and it still hasn't shipped..

I don't have the luxury to play games as often due to a lot of work lately and it will really suck if I miss out on this long weekend because Amazon didn't ship on time... Almost tempted to cancel it and buy it on PSN, but I fear the Paypal nonsense that happened today. I also don't want to pay an additional near 20 bucks for going retail.

This is just super frustrating...

I use free shipping. Games come the same day.

Amazon uses their own trucks most of the time, that's why.

Also, I live like 15 min from their warehouse.

Anybody interested in a new copy of the Crash PS4 game?

I ordered from Walmart but forgot I did. I got it at the E3 sale price, so I'm selling it for $34 all in. Can meet this afternoon at Yonge and bloor or Yonge and Dundas.

krae_man

No Crash till Tuesday for me probably.

Complained about Amazon intentionally sitting on orders again, rep apologized and promised to get the game delivered tomorrow:lol

Like that's going to happen.

I'll keep taking the $5 credits and giving them terrible reviews every time until they change the policy.

Bluenoser

In my experience with Prime, Amazon almost always ships the night of and the game(s) still makes it on time the next day. I don't know how much you use Amazon/Prime for day one releases, but typically in this case they use their own courier service rather than Canada Post. Edit: just saw your second post. Hopefully Amazon comes through this time!

Where I live on the east coast, Amazon ships early to ensure it gets here on time, but then Canada post fucking sits on it for 2-3 days before their lazy asses decide to throw it in a truck and bring it to my community mailbox. It happened with an item I ordered earlier this week, and it's appearing that it will happen with Crash today. It was processed in Halifax yesterday morning.... still no "out for delivery" status, and it's now 2pm. I'm not getting this game until Tuesday... calling it now.

farisr

Yeah, no shipping update for Crash from wal-mart. But I received my pre-order codes at least. Probably not getting till Tuesday, unless the order has just not updated info on the website or something (as I got charged for it on Tuesday)

Maddog

Yeah, no shipping update for Crash from wal-mart. But I received my pre-order codes at least. Probably not getting till Tuesday, unless the order has just not updated info on the website or something (as I got charged for it on Tuesday)

Mine has not updated on the website but I just received it in the mail so there is hope.

bryt

Has anybody who ordered Crash through Wal Mart ordered it with something else? I ordered mine with Star Wars and there has been zero movement/charges/etc.

I got a shipping notice with tracking number from Canada Post and the preorder code but my credit card hasn't been charged... kinda weird.

Begbie

OK so Metroid Samus Returns is listed for $60 and some new Switch games have preorder prices off $100 (like Odyssey). Anyone know what is going on.. this can't be the new normal

OK so Metroid Samus Returns is listed for $60 and some new Switch games have preorder prices off $100 (like Odyssey). Anyone know what is going on.. this can't be the new normal

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

Whales

Banned
I live in Montreal. Maybe i am closer to one of their delivery center.

I live in MTL too and my only problem with Intelcom is that they just drop the package infront of the door and leave. They don't knock or ring...

So basically I gotta check my front door every 1 or 2 to see if the item was delivered or not...

U_Know_Me

I check every day to see if the price changed for Odyssey. Hopefully it's just a placeholder.

farisr

I literally just got a shipment notification email from wal-mart as the package arrived at my door.

Release day delivery.

Alright wal-mart, you've got my business. Any game I have on order at the same price at amazon will get cancelled if there isn't another pricedrop or something. I'd rather give wal-mart my money for doing the sale price in the first place.

N° 2048

I hate Friday releases. Missed delivery of Crash and now I don't get the game until Tuesday.

Been especially bad lately with these Friday release. Hate it. Most of my work is on the weekend so I usually can play after the weekend or play a couple hours then pass out in front of the controller from being tired.

I got Crash around 1pm but I agree. Friday releases are awful in practice. Yeah you get the whole weekend to play, assuming you get it shipped on time. Otherwise enjoy waiting till the following week.

If only Psn wasn't so unreliable, I wouldn't even bother with Amazon unless the discounted prices are just too good to ignore like this past e3.

Best wishes.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I met some guy to sell my extra copy of Crash Trilogy and take this in people: he gave me $5 more than what I was selling for. What the hells going on?

These times, they're changing.

I met some guy to sell my extra copy of Crash Trilogy and take this in people: he gave me $5 more than what I was selling for. What the hells going on?

Meanwhile all i get are blog posts,

"still available?
Can you meet at this junkyard at 2am?
Sorry for late response was in pottery class.
I'd like to buy it, but should I?
still available? (Again)"

And so on

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Did she slip a tracker onto you so he can follow you home and kill you while you sleep?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Meanwhile all i get are blog posts,

"still available?
Can you meet at this junkyard at 2am?
Sorry for late response was in pottery class.
I'd like to buy it, but should I?
still available? (Again)"

And so on

You need the keywords in your ads:

No trades
No lowballers
Still available if ad is up

Did she slip a tracker onto you so he can follow you home and kill you while you sleep?

Positive kijiji experience, not a bad way to go out

Use the extra $5 on the lottery, you're on a roll!

I'm not THAT lucky lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom