• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile all i get are blog posts,

"still available?
Can you meet at this junkyard at 2am?
Sorry for late response was in pottery class.
I'd like to buy it, but should I?
still available? (Again)"

And so on

If you ever want to properly lose your faith in people, try listing some stuff for people to take off your hands free. I listed some furniture for free that I needed to get rid of - as long as they could come pick it up. The number of people practically demanding or begging I bring it to their front door was ridiculous.

jayu26

It's supposed to be a placeholder

But I'm thinking it goes like this...

Nintendo's like

Then here at Canadian Deals GAF.
Lando finally had enough of Vader's nonsense and decided to turn on him. So watch out Nintendo, don't push us too far.

UberTag

OK so Metroid Samus Returns is listed for $60 and some new Switch games have preorder prices off $100 (like Odyssey). Anyone know what is going on.. this can't be the new normal
This is either the new normal... or Nintendo hates pre-orders.
Considering how they hate money given their low production runs of Classic Mini hardware, it might actually be that they just hate pre-orders.

JDH

:eek:

My Target! How I missed you.

Pssshht. I have fonder memories of Zellers for sure. So many good deals there. You know, like the ones America's post from their Wal-Mart's ? "This game is marked down to $0.99!" I came across so many games/accessories like that there. They were also great for luggage. I still have my luggage set I bought there for like $100 all-in (4 pieces) and it's lasted so many trips.

I miss Zellers :(

US Target on the other hand is awesome, but they didn't bring even a fraction of their products here. Too bad they screwed us and Zellers over. For that I can never forgive them.

Roofy

Anyone know the current cheapest way to get an Xbox Live 12 month code?

The cheapest I've found online is cdkeys.com for $56 CAD

This is either the new normal... or Nintendo hates pre-orders.
Considering how they hate money given their low production runs of Classic Mini hardware, it might actually be that they just hate pre-orders.

There are times when it seems like they've turned a corner on the path to redemption (open world mario, metroid 2D), then other times they display that puzzling behaviour yet again and again. 50% of my nintendo purchases are used because of this.

KJA

Are any of you gentlemen into CRT TVs?

I live in Mississauga and we have two identical flat screen Sony Trinitron TVs that I'm willing to give away for free (donations are cool too lol) as long you can pick them up.

They look like these and while they're not PVMs, they're great for retro gaming:

tv-1.jpg

I also have another Sony Trinitron TV way back from my childhood playing NES games that I'm willing to give away, but I doubt that anyone would that now.

Let me know!

I live in Mississauga and we have two identical flat screen Sony Trinitron TVs that I'm willing to give away for free (donations are cool too lol) as long you can pick them up.

They look like these and while they're not PVMs, they're great for retro gaming:

I also have another Sony Trinitron TV way back from my childhood playing NES games that I'm willing to give away, but I doubt that anyone would that now.

Let me know!

I used to have one of these and they are indeed great TVs. I got rid of mine years ago but kind of regret it. I would take it but I live like 1500kms away lol.

I've had a hankering to play Prime 1+2 on my GC, all I have now is a small 13" CRT.

KJA

I used to have one of these and they are indeed great TVs. I got rid of mine years ago but kind of regret it. I would take it but I live like 1500kms away lol.

I've had a hankering to play Prime 1+2 on my GC, all I have now is a small 13" CRT.

They're awesome and I remember them being like pretty much the last CRTs they were selling at Best Buy.

If someone wants to pick them BOTH up, I'll even throw in a free PS2 so you can something to play it on lol.

ElNino

If you ever want to properly lose your faith in people, try listing some stuff for people to take off your hands free. I listed some furniture for free that I needed to get rid of - as long as they could come pick it up. The number of people practically demanding or begging I bring it to their front door was ridiculous.
This is why I am hesitant to ever put up furniture (or other large items) for free. Putting an amount, even if it is small, can help to deter the people looking for free handouts.

Now, if someone offers to come pick up a bunch of stuff from me and offers a lower price... that's fine and I'll usually accept it. It's the people who say, sure... I'll take it tonight, if you can deliver it an hour away for 25% of asking price.

I miss 2005, when all I had to do was post a Craigslist ad with a bunch of furniture I wanted to get rid of cheap, and had a virtual line of people coming to my door to haul off all my crap.

Someone once told me that the best way to get rid of something was to put it on the curb with a price on it. Someone will inevitably steal it.

Say "free", however, and it won't move because there's no apparent value in it.

KJA

Wow, I didn't expect to see this kind of response but they are some valid points.

Although it would be awesome for me to get some cash for these sets, I'd probably care more about seeing it go to a good home where it can be appreciated. Anyways, I'll post this up on Kijiji tomorrow. Hopefully someone will take it.

Yoss

Neo Member
If you can pick them up at your post office I imagine it's still Canada Post? Cause if it was with Intelcom, they made me go to their office by the airport to pick up my package once (which turns out was closed even tho they said it was open smh).

If that's the case, it's interesting that they don't go downtown.

I'm pretty sure it's Canada Post. A couple years ago when I lived around Woodbine I remember the courier for Amazon being crap.

Proc

Credit to gamedeals Canada...

Cheapest I've seen Dead Rising 4, Bioshock Collection, and Mass Effect Andromeda all for $29.99 each at Amazon.ca.

What kind of deals should we expect for Prime Day? Anything worth renewing my student sub for? (which I'll probably be doing either way, just a matter of when)

jholmes

tv-1.jpg

Let me know!

This is so tempting. I have no room for these and don't really need one but I had a Trinitron and it was a hell of a TV.

Lucky dudes gettin' these.

KJA

This is so tempting. I have no room for these and don't really need one but I had a Trinitron and it was a hell of a TV.

Lucky dudes gettin' these.

Take them!!!!! lol.

I'm just trying to help my parents get rid of older stuff around the house but it's a bit of process when they don't really care about technology and the incentive of upgrading, when "it already works". It's like "do we need really need to keep this VCR player and this copy of Toy Story, when you can probably watch it in HD on Netflix nowadays?" Oh well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Buying Prey for $30 from someone in abit. I'm on a roll with these positive kijiji encounters.

tenor.gif

kennah

Those CRTs are awesome. There's a Sony Widescreen HD 30" CRT with an HDMI input locally for $70 that I'm tempted by, but it's smaller than I wanted, and probably holding out for a $500 4k around Boxing Day... So tempted.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Still alive?

Dude a cute girl just sold me Prey for cheap. In all my years of kijiji I dont think Ive ever bought from a girl before.

Kijiji is not what it used to be it seems.

Kiro

Where is the SNES Mini!?!?!?!!!!!! Ahh this is madness lol

Dude a cute girl just sold me Prey for cheap. In all my years of kijiji I dont think Ive ever bought from a girl before.

Kijiji is not what it used to be it seems.

Her boyfriend just broke up with her and now she is selling off his stuff. It's your chance to make a move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom