• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainy weather is best weather.
I wish it was overcast 100% of the time between 10-15 C and rain half of it. Love how atmospheric the air is in those conditions. When it’s sunny it feels like there’s no atmosphere, everything is so empty.

8gsdg.png

krae_man

What's this prime shit lately?

Noticing it way more on Amazon.

The strategy with Prime in Canada is take things from non prime members instead of provide Prime with value.

Want to be treated like every other retailer treats their regular customers? Buy prime. Don't want to pay extra for that? Cattle class for you.

joe_zazen

What's this prime shit lately?

Noticing it way more on Amazon.

who are are they competing against? so yeah,. get used to it.

The strategy with Prime in Canada is take things from non prime members instead of provide Prime with value.

Want to be treated like every other retailer treats their regular customers? Buy prime. Don't want to pay extra for that? Cattle class for you.

I think the closest other retailer is Costco in that they charge a fee. At least amazon doesn't buy cheaper versions of products from companies and then pretend they are the exact same product as in every other retail store, just with a slightly different sku because reasons.

FN-2187

That is exactly how I feel anytime I go to Amazon ever since they started pushing Prime in Canada. I hardly ever buy from them now, and I used to buy from them constantly. I especially hate that they intentionally hold your item for a few days before shipping it if you aren't Prime. I used to get everything within 48 hours of ordering; now they wait that long to ship.

frequency

That is exactly how I feel anytime I go to Amazon ever since they started pushing Prime in Canada. I hardly ever buy from them now, and I used to buy from them constantly. I especially hate that they intentionally hold your item for a few days before shipping it if you aren't Prime. I used to get everything within 48 hours of ordering; now they wait that long to ship.

Yeah. Years ago things were pretty much guaranteed to ship the day you order and arrive 2 days or so later. Now I've had them holding "In Stock" things for no good reason for up to a week before shipping. I would use other retailers if other retailers would catch up with their websites. Best Buy, Walmart, etc have embarrassingly outdated and bad websites that barely even work. You can't even cancel stuff at Walmart. It's a joke.

13randO

Aww, dammit. Missed out on the Splatoon 2 pro controller. Hopefully the HORI controller has some sort of motion control functionality (doubt it, though).

Just a quick reminder for those who haven't read the OP in a while or were away on break... we now have a Discord Server!

(Quote this post to reveal Link)

Discord Features:
  • Custom, User-set Notifications (Divided by Console/Theme/Hunt)
  • Provincial Rank/Role notifications (For retail store offerings in your area)
  • Full mobile support & push notifications.
  • More Bot Features coming soon.
If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please contact us through discord or reply to this post.

Please remember to read the rules & updates in #server-announcements before posting & discussing deals on the server.

Qwyjibo

I guess it's time to Google "what is Discord?". I'm hearing too much about it everywhere lately.

(I'm not the most "social" of gamers)

Wth! I had pre-ordered Splatoon 2 from Amazon (with Prime) and received a message saying it was going to be delivered between July 26-28

But now for some reason it's saying my order was cancelled?? Anybody else come across this?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Aww, dammit. Missed out on the Splatoon 2 pro controller. Hopefully the HORI controller has some sort of motion control functionality (doubt it, though).
You don't need to hope, it doesn't include motion controls. It doesn't include rumble or NFC either.

Nintendo Switches in stock at amazon.ca, both versions.

Awesome! Thanks man!!! I just place my order now

bye bye money.

---
this is the first time that I ever signed up for Prime's Free Trial. I agree it is bullshit that they are created a 2-Tier class of customers.

I quickly pressed the "Do Not Continue" in the Prime Membership page and I will just revel in this 1 month free Trial

frequency

Amazon wrapped my amiibos in bubble wrap really tight and bent the packaging. There's creases. Would've been better without that pointless bubble wrap.

NYR

Wow, that must be a big restock, it's showing in stock since 5AM.

Nintendo always hold stocks up when a big game is coming out, this is because of Splatoon. If these sell out, October should see the next massive shipment.

confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on June 14, 2015 (Order#.

"Kingdom Hearts III - Xbox One"
Estimated ship date: December 26, 2018 - December 27, 2018

zroid

Banned
Amazon wrapped my amiibos in bubble wrap really tight and bent the packaging. There's creases. Would've been better without that pointless bubble wrap.

too bad :(

seems I got the same tight bubble wrap but they were not bent luckily

I'm wary ever since they bent my Rider Link

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
hey they didn't fuck it up! praise be

HNH3swGJTSm1dU3otDo35Q.png

kJFaKpQh.jpg

My amiibos order was packaged like that too... except they put the amiibos in the wrong orientation so they had to bend the top of the package to make them fit inside the box. I found it pretty hilarious (it didn't really matter to me as I get them out of their package... but why go through all that trouble to just damage the packaging anyway?).

EDIT: By the way... is it just me or is the Bayo 2 amiibo pretty bad? It looks like it's bend, but I think it's the intended design... I prefer Bayo 2 (as a game, and for Bayonetta's design), but I kind of regret not going with the Bayo 1 amiibo now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They delayed my Splatoon Amiibos to ship it with the Olimar Amiibo, but then didn't actually ship the Olimar Amiibo with it..

Amazon.. you're killing me.

Megasoum

Banned
How much is Odyssey on the Eshop?

I normally prefer digital releases but if I can get a good deal on a physical copy I might go for it instead... I'm not primo though

zroid

Banned
How much is Odyssey on the Eshop?

I normally prefer digital releases but if I can get a good deal on a physical copy I might go for it instead... I'm not primo though

Should be $79.99

it's not really a "deal" but on the eShop you can lie about your province and pay less tax*

*not an endorsement

Blam

Should be $79.99

it's not really a "deal" but on the eShop you can lie about your province and pay less tax*

*not an endorsement

Hmm hypothetically what province would I need to be going to move to so I didn't need to pay that much tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom