• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

It's just I could sell it but I hate selling things. Dealing with people is such an annoying waste of time.

And I'm pretty sure the cost is almost neutral for getting a PS4 off Amazon JP if I'm getting other stuff shipped at the same time.

But it'd be easier to just get it in Canada. :\
It's pretty easy to sell hyped stuff at launch. Just say sealed in box Destiny 2 for $70. Pick up at [public location by office or home] and you'll probably be golden. I basically do all my Craigslist stuff just across the street from work so I can quickly pop out, make the deal, then pop back in.
I can only assume so since I came on yesterday and it said literally nobody was online.

Also on another note screw those people scapling the player 2 amiibos.
Definitely check your NAT settings.

N° 2048

Got it for ~$12.99 yesterday at eb games(B2G1 sale) and I don't even know if I'll even bother trying it out...

Chill Exploration mode is the way to go.

Go to planet, explore, build a wicked base and move on to next. Unlimited resources, you can just role play you're doing some space missions or something and put some music on.
It's pretty zen.

Check out the updates NMS has gotten and is getting, at $20 it's a good price IMO.

Sober

Chill Exploration mode is the way to go.

Go to planet, explore, build a wicked base and move on to next. Unlimited resources, you can just role play you're doing some space missions or something and put some music on.
It's pretty zen.

Check out the updates NMS has gotten and is getting, at $20 it's a good price IMO.
So podcast game?

Doesn't sound like a bad idea.

SickBoy

I'd like to see No Man's Sky around that price for the digital version. I bought it at EB at launch and returned it through the game guarantee they offer through their Edge program (I had earlier cancelled my preorder, but thought I could at least give it a shot knowing I was able to return it).

Even in that state, I thought it would be a nice game to have, but not at that price. But now, even at $20, I'm not sure about a physical copy. It feels like a game I'd like to have digitally -- when I feel like playing something but I'm not sure what, it seems like the right kind of game to pop open and tool around in for a while. Much less likely to do that if I have to get up, grab a disc and pop it in.

kevin1025

Banned
I miss Target. Getting a Kinect-less Xbox One and using the gift card with it for Forza 5 and Titanfall (which were $35 for no good reason, haha) was too good.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yo shoutouts to trebbble for coming through with baby Isaac.

20170728_173133wsoi3.jpg

But fuck that hobo who snatched the case out of my hands. I would have murdered that fucker but like a friend says: we have more to lose than they do.

Thats downtown for ya I guess.

N° 2048

Yo shoutouts to trebbble for coming through with baby Isaac.

But fuck that hobo who snatched the case out of my hands. I would have murdered that fucker but like a friend says: we have more to lose than they do.

Thats downtown for ya I guess.

What happened? Did you get the snatched case back?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What happened? Did you get the snatched case back?

He was sitting next to trebbble so at first I wasnt sure if they were together or not. trebbble hands me the game and as Im about to leave the guy stands up and snatches the game out of my hand and holds it behind him.

I got in his face and said give my shit back Im not gonna warn you again. He dicked around for a few seconds but gave it back.

Stupid hobo soured what was otherwise a great experience. Thanks again to trebbble for coming through. The extra b is for Big Baller Brand.

JazzmanZ

He was sitting next to trebbble so at first I wasnt sure if they were together or not. trebbble hands me the game and as Im about to leave the guy stands up and snatches the game out of my hand and holds it behind him.

I got in his face and said give my shit back Im not gonna warn you again. He dicked around for a few seconds but gave it back.

Stupid hobo soured what was otherwise a great experience. Thanks again to trebbble for coming through. The extra b is for Big Baller Brand.

whats the extra B for

Seik

Banned
Pokken has been updated from 99.99$ to 79.99$.

Buuuuuuuuut it lost the Prime discount, so the total is the same. :lol

Baby steps.

Lizardus

WTFamIreading.jpg

I'm awfully tempted to do the EB games trade promo for the New 2DSxl but I have Pokemon X digitally. I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer for it, right? I don't really play that game anymore but it'd suck to just have it disappear.

I'm awfully tempted to do the EB games trade promo for the New 2DSxl but I have Pokemon X digitally. I wouldn't be able to do a system transfer for it, right? I don't really play that game anymore but it'd suck to just have it disappear.
the local store should allow you to do the transfer instore

ohlawd

^ yeah that too if you don't have too much stuff

I think what they do is they let you buy the system for full price, you take both home so you can do a system transfer then you come back with your old system to trade in and they'll refund you so you'll get the promo in the end.

Bronetta

You have the best kijiji/meetup stories. Hope you're compiling them.

I'll publish a tell all memoir one day... Assuming these hobos dont get to me first.

Bronetta

Hey guys, what’s going on in this thread?

Bronetta, enjoy the game. Happy to be a footnote in your memoir ;)

We're trying to figure out what the extra B in your username stands for.

I sank dozens of hours into baby Isaac on PC, PS4 and Vita. Its only fair I do it all ove4 again on Switch. Cheers again for the hookup!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In my case, I lost the E3 20% off rebate. I emailed Amazon, waiting for a reply.
They're going to say that the 20% rebate applies on the 99.99 price, not on the "sale price" and tell you to pound sand.

Although like with Amazon, if you talk to 20 different CSRs, you'll get one who will eventually give you credit. THen you just have to do it for every single Nintendo pre-order until the rest of time lol.

Grimsen

They're going to say that the 20% rebate applies on the 99.99 price, not on the "sale price" and tell you to pound sand.

Although like with Amazon, if you talk to 20 different CSRs, you'll get one who will eventually give you credit. THen you just have to do it for every single Nintendo pre-order until the rest of time lol.

Actually, they told me that the 20% rebate will apply once it ships, and to write them back if it doesn't. Lazy bastards

CazTGG

Actually, they told me that the 20% rebate will apply once it ships, and to write them back if it doesn't. Lazy bastards

So...you'll definitely want to contact them when it ships as I guarantee you hey'll do what happened to my Final Fantasy XII order and improperly discount it despite "having it on the system to properly discount the order".

Grimsen

So...you'll definitely want to contact them when it ships as I guarantee you hey'll do what happened to my Final Fantasy XII order and improperly discount it despite "having it on the system to properly discount the order".

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting :/

suikodan

Thank you Purolator, I was super happy to see this message this morning
08:22 AM Item out for delivery

so I'd get my final piece to build my new PC during the weekend then I got this:
05:25 PM Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay

and you still didn't deliver. Wow thank you very much.

kevin1025

Banned

so I'd get my final piece to build my new PC during the weekend then I got this:

What component was it? The last piece, too, that's real rotten, sorry to hear that.

I'm ordering all of mine around Christmas, so that should be real fun, haha.

CazTGG

Similar event happened to me: I had a Ryzen 1700 sent for pickup via Canada Post but, for whatever reason, they wouldn't deliver it even after correcting the address twice, which means it was returned to the retailer. I contacted them about getting a replacement but i'm still waiting for a response.

For anyone interested in owning a wireless gaming headset with bluetooth support I'm getting a brand new unopened Siberia 840 from steelseries some time next week.

I live in Mississauga near pearson airport.

I'm not a wireless headset or a gaming headset kind of guy so anyone that want an 840 just message me here.

I'm going to sell them for 340 bucks ( I can talk myself down, we can talk about that later). They normally go for 420-450 bucks from most legitimate online retail stores in the country, so I think it's a decent deal for a brand new headset.

Please don't confuse this headset with the Siberia 800 which is their older model that goes for much cheaper.

Like I said I get the headset sometime next week (MAYBE THE WEEK AFTER, you never know with customs) so if any of you fellow gafers are interested just message me. I was planning on posting the ad on Kijiji but decided to give you guys first dibs.

We can meet up at a public place where the transaction can take place.

edit: Oh and for people wondering about warranty and whatnot. They have a standard 1 year warranty for all their devices. They ask for a receipt but if you simply state that you lost it they won't mind. Keep the serial number thats on the box handy and take pcitures of the product and you should be good. They are like logitech in that they ask for a receipt but if you simply state you lost it they will still help you out.

They are braindead! I had a one day delivery today from Amazon, I even had a huge sign on my door "Everyone is home Purolator please ring the doorbell" nope they marked it delivered, left it fucking outside... my neighbour found the box and gave it to me. I called them on it, every time it's issues with them and I hate having to drive to Pickering over their mistakes, how can they be too lazy to push a damn button?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom