• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey gaf, non gaming question but have any of you had a crack in your car windshield? I found a nice foot and a half crack today and want to know best place to get it fixed and should i go through insurance? Is it costly?

Hey gaf, non gaming question but have any of you had a crack in your car windshield? I found a nice foot and a half crack today and want to know best place to get it fixed and should i go through insurance? Is it costly?
Sometimes you can catch the popup shop outside of most Canadian tire to see if it's something they can fix without replacing. Or else, you're stuck looking for places like Speedy auto glass.

Not worth it to go to insurance.

Luigi87

^
That.

Now any place will discount you if you go through insurance, because that way they technically get paid more (by getting money from both you and the insurance company), but ultimately I don't think that is worth it for you in the long run. You never know how it may affect your premiums.

I myself just looked around and had a local place change mine.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This is weird as hell, I've been charged for a 1-month Xbox Live Gold sub without me doing anything. It's not an auto-renewal because I always turn it off and Gold hasn't been active in 8 days. The strangest part? I have no confirmation email with the receipt. I always get those, but I haven't received anything for this.

Anyone else been charged?

SickBoy

I'm always worried about what claims will do to my insurance premiums, so I just went with the "limited" glass option for my car... so if a non-front window gets damaged, it's covered, but the windshield is my responsibility.

Of course, the downside of that is that I have a cracked windshield now. I was conscientious about getting rock chips filled, but wound up with one below the viewable area of my windshield and the damn thing spread before I knew it.

I'm always worried about what claims will do to my insurance premiums, so I just went with the "limited" glass option for my car... so if a non-front window gets damaged, it's covered, but the windshield is my responsibility.

Of course, the downside of that is that I have a cracked windshield now. I was conscientious about getting rock chips filled, but wound up with one below the viewable area of my windshield and the damn thing spread before I knew it.
Exactly what happened to me. Impact was below my wipers and i didnt notice it until the crack went up towards the wipers.
I had a crack in my 99 sunfire before but i ignored that one but now on my 2014 corrolla im still paying for I need to get it fixed asap.
I found a place in Waterloo GO glass. Not opened anymore but will call tomorrow and get a quote and hopefully book a appointment.

Totally forgot to post this on Friday but did anyone else get this from Amazon regarding Rime?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on February 18, 2017 (Order #):

"U&I Entertainment Rime PlayStation 4"
http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06WP8GC9S/

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/css/order/edit.html/?useCase=cancel&orderID=###

If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (www.amazon.ca/your-account).

It seems to imply they "may" have supply issues for an upcoming game. Who would have thought, amazon actually communicating with customers over potential issues.

Totally forgot to post this on Friday but did anyone else get this from Amazon regarding Rime?

It seems to imply they "may" have supply issues for an upcoming game. Who would have thought, amazon actually communicating with customers over potential issues.

They send that sometimes, I got the same email recently for MVCi.

Cactus

Banned
Has anyone had any luck getting $10 credit for any 2016 sports titles at EB Games? I have a copy of NHL 2016 lying around.

ElNino

guys where is the cheapest to buy playstation plus? I can't seem to find any online for less then $65
Last time I was in EB they still had a stack of them for $50 that they were still honoring. Too bad Costco doesn't still have the cheap codes though, those were the easiest to get.

i-Jest

This is weird as hell, I've been charged for a 1-month Xbox Live Gold sub without me doing anything. It's not an auto-renewal because I always turn it off and Gold hasn't been active in 8 days. The strangest part? I have no confirmation email with the receipt. I always get those, but I haven't received anything for this.

Anyone else been charged?

Is your credit card your main form of payment on XBLA? Is it saved in the system? Call your CC company and put a freeze on the card for the next few days to see what happens. Possible compromises should be taken seriously.

Moltenix

Grabbed the last official Nintendo Switch case and Hori playstand from my local EB. Can't believe I just paid ~17 bucks for a piece of plastic.

The extra height the stand provides along with the adjustable viewing angles is really nice. Just really expensive. Ah well, i've really been enjoying tabletop mode on my Switch so it'll be getting a lot of use at least.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Is your credit card your main form of payment on XBLA? Is it saved in the system? Call your CC company and put a freeze on the card for the next few days to see what happens. Possible compromises should be taken seriously.
The charge just disappeared from my CC transactions, I think I still have the Gold subscription though. It feels like a glitch on Microsoft's end, it would explain why I never received a receipt email.
My account is secured though, two factor is active and I checked the recent logins and didn't see any suspicious locations, all logins have been made from mine. It can't be card theft.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Protip: If you had a WiiU, the gamepad stand is a perfect fit for the Switch.

Moltenix

Damn, never occurred to me to use that thing. Had to dig around to actual find mine. It's a comparable angle to the middle slot of the Hori stand and decently sturdy as well.

I'll stick with the Hori stand since I already have it. The flexibility and ability to charge in tabletop is nice at least.

My friend brought this to my attention so I packed mine to use when I get mine tomorrow (finally going back to Canada after two years)

Other than a case and pro controller, what else should I pick up for my switch? Screen protector? Power bank and extra USB C cord? What's the best place (preferwin personal) to look for such things? Already planning on checking BB, EB, Walmart, Shoppers. I'll be in Halifax, if it makes a difference.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My friend brought this to my attention so I packed mine to use when I get mine tomorrow (finally going back to Canada after two years)

Other than a case and pro controller, what else should I pick up for my switch? Screen protector? Power bank and extra USB C cord? What's the best place (preferwin personal) to look for such things? Already planning on checking BB, EB, Walmart, Shoppers. I'll be in Halifax, if it makes a difference.

Screen protector is a must. Orzly on Amazon is pretty cheap.

The rest is up to you. If ur getting a Pro controller that comes with a USB cable

Screen protector is a must. Orzly on Amazon is pretty cheap.

The rest is up to you. If ur getting a Pro controller that comes with a USB cable

Completely forgot about pro controller having its own USB cable. Not sure how likely it is I can get something from Amazon in the week that I'm here, but I might try.

Thank you

So I haven't been keeping up in this thread but what is the Switch stock situation like now? Are they a little easier to get yet? I'd like to snag one now for when I do some travel this summer, no preference on which retailer I get it from. I don't really have the time or ability to be constantly refreshing Amazon and Bestbuy.

So I haven't been keeping up in this thread but what is the Switch stock situation like now? Are they a little easier to get yet? I'd like to snag one now for when I do some travel this summer, no preference on which retailer I get it from. I don't really have the time or ability to be constantly refreshing Amazon and Bestbuy.

They sell out but I see them around more often now. I saw them on shelves twice last week at Walmart.

They trickle in now and then but it looks like there are larger stock drops around major releases (as expected). If that's the case though we can expect even more around the time ARMS is out next month.

EB Games in the US is also doing console bundles with Zelda and Mario Kart... So the two games currently selling Switches so it'd probably be best to keep on eye out for those

centracore

Does anybody have any extra 30% off discount codes for PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS from GMG? My friend wants to jump in. PM if you do, please! Thanks!

What is the source of the 30% off discount codes for GMG? I've been thinking of grabbing PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS for awhile now but 30% off would make it a no-brainer - if anyone has an extra one kicking around please let me know too!

Clov

They trickle in now and then but it looks like there are larger stock drops around major releases (as expected). If that's the case though we can expect even more around the time ARMS is out next month.

I hope so, since I plan to look for a Switch in June. Already got my copy of Mario Kart too, since I wanted to get my Prime Discount on it. Not sure if I'll pick up ARMS though, I might wait that one out a bit.

Kyolux

I'm flying to MTL for work on Friday. Staying close to downtown though. Should I be worried?

Was in Montreal this weekend and yeah, unless you're planning to go more on the western part of the island, you'll be fine. I went downtown to see gardians 2 on Monday and there was 0 issue.

Maddog

Like, it's done now? They didn't even honor that May 28th thing?

It's been taken off their website. All other offers ending May 28th are still there. I'm not sure when they unstickied the post on their twitter. They also have used games 2 for $20 coming so that makes me not think it's still active.

killroy87

It's been taken off their website. All other offers ending May 28th are still there. I'm not sure when they unstickied the post on their twitter. They also have used games 2 for $20 coming so that makes me not think it's still active.

Bit of a dick move, but it was also a moronic promotion on their end.

Stat!

I wont be able to line up this Friday morning for a Switch at EBGames :( - does anyone know usually when Amazon restocks their supply?

Maddog

Bit of a dick move, but it was also a moronic promotion on their end.

Yeah. Especially when it combined with other promotions. (the 2x switch clusterfuck, the 50% more for platinum / 75% more for onyx). Getting $20 for games they were selling for $10 was ridiculous.

Damn, got excited thinking it'd be the same as the last one (10-20 for 20, 15-25 for 30, 20-30 for 40). That was a pretty nice deal.

Whoops. Sorry about that. That was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom