• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked into a Best Buy at lunch and saw a Switch sitting on the shelf. It's kind of hilarious how I keep seeing these in stock every other day at different stores.

Stat!

North York location. Empress Walk. It was there at lunch.

It was just sitting in a glass case at the back. All alone.

What? I've lived within 10 minutes of Empress walk for years (okay, like 20) and had no idea there was a Best buy there.

Dammet. Work is killing me. I have to run out after work to try.

To be fair, I also haven't been to Empress Walk in years. That damn long escalator used to freak me out as a kid
and as an adult

What? I've lived within 10 minutes of Empress walk for years (okay, like 20) and had no idea there was a Best buy there.

Dammet. Work is killing me. I have to run out after work to try.

To be fair, I also haven't been to Empress Walk in years. That damn long escalator used to freak me out as a kid
and as an adult

Well the Best Buy is on the ground floor so no need to take an escalator.

It used to be a Future Shop location.

I need to pop in there after work again so I will post to let you know if it's still there.

Stat!

Well the Best Buy is on the ground floor so no need to take an escalator.

It used to be a Future Shop location.

I need to pop in there after work again so I will post to let you know if it's still there.

For the life of me, I cant even remember the Future Shop location. Is it where the Staples is?

Please do (and let me know the colour?) - I might head out of work early to grab it but I have to head downtown tonight.

For the life of me, I cant even remember the Future Shop location. Is it where the Staples is?

Please do (and let me know the colour?) - I might head out of work early to grab it but I have to head downtown tonight.

I think you may have just received a bunch of PMs from me. It's not telling me they sent.

RS4-

Bestbuy is by the Sushi place or whatever, TTC subway entrance/exit.

Oh man, Staples' been gone for the last year or so! Best Buy took over when FS went belly-up out of nowhere in early 2015. At least Wendy's, Loblaws and Cineplex are still there! :p

No McDonalds in the area anymore sadly. :(

Joel_Dawson

Neo Member
Email from EbGames has No Man's Sky at 19.99, says discount is $10 from 29.99 but on their website it's currently at $59.99. Wonder if this is an error or a price drop coming that will go on sale. Either way at $19.99 I will finally bite and add it to the backlog.

Ventara

Email from EbGames has No Man's Sky at 19.99, says discount is $10 from 29.99 but on their website it's currently at $59.99. Wonder if this is an error or a price drop coming that will go on sale. Either way at $19.99 I will finally bite and add it to the backlog.

If it is $20, I think I'll jump in too. Won't be getting lower than that outside clearance or used.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Sale starts May 12

Stat!

Oh man, Staples' been gone for the last year or so! Best Buy took over when FS went belly-up out of nowhere in early 2015. At least Wendy's, Loblaws and Cineplex are still there! :p

No McDonalds in the area anymore sadly. :(

Oh my god. Seriously? I remember when there was this restaurant in that side above Staples that literally would go out of business yearly and re-open.

Crazy. I do remember waiting in line to see The Dark Knight there.

MrHectarPeabody

Neo Member
So I haven't been keeping up in this thread but what is the Switch stock situation like now? Are they a little easier to get yet? I'd like to snag one now for when I do some travel this summer, no preference on which retailer I get it from. I don't really have the time or ability to be constantly refreshing Amazon and Bestbuy.

Saw one in the Shoppers in Ajax, might still be there.

SickBoy

I briefly had No Man's Sky before returning it with EB's game guarantee (wisely cancelled my 20% off Amazon preorder).

I think $20 is about the price I was waiting for. But it feels like a game that maybe I should wait for until it's similarly discounted on digital. It's the kind of game I'll want to dig out occasionally to chill out with. And if​ I'm grabbing a disc, etc., that's one more obstacle... especially if I'm just looking to play a really quick session.

What is the source of the 30% off discount codes for GMG? I've been thinking of grabbing PLAYERUNKOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS for awhile now but 30% off would make it a no-brainer - if anyone has an extra one kicking around please let me know too!

I'm curious about this myself. I only ever got an email for 20% off. Was leaning towards buying it with that discount but forgot to redeem it before it expired. If anyone has one they're not going to use I'd appreciate it.

Oh my god. Seriously? I remember when there was this restaurant in that side above Staples that literally would go out of business yearly and re-open.

Crazy. I do remember waiting in line to see The Dark Knight there.

Did you end up getting the Switch?

Oneself

I briefly had No Man's Sky before returning it with EB's game guarantee (wisely cancelled my 20% off Amazon preorder).

I think $20 is about the price I was waiting for. But it feels like a game that maybe I should wait for until it's similarly discounted on digital. It's the kind of game I'll want to dig out occasionally to chill out with. And if​ I'm grabbing a disc, etc., that's one more obstacle... especially if I'm just looking to play a really quick session.

Same here, with the enormous amount of updates they've done, it's also pretty much useless to get a physical copy of that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom