• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canelo Álvarez vs Julio César Chávez jr - A Fight For Mexican Pride - Saturday 5/6/17

CrocoDuck

This fight was like a prelude to something big. Chavez's heart was sacrificed Aztec style to the gods to send a message to GGG.

I don't think we will have another thread like this for those fights though. I should have said that instead, my bad y'all.

Was this just due to being after Cinco de Mayo and it being two Mexican boxers? My parents had me set up a projector outside for after party entertainment. 9 o clock could not come soon enough!

pixelation

You can always count on Marihuano Jr with the excuses, Canelo didn't hurt him he said... staring back with Quasimodo looking eyes.

Dan Rafael reporting that he's being told the PPV buy rate for Canelo/Chavez will be over a million. Canelo is the biggest star/draw in the sport now. The GGG fight will be massive. Remember when people were saying the sport was dead after Mayweather retired (just like they said it after Oscar/Tyson/Leonard/Ali retired)?

Top Bottom