• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't login on PSN with my PS4

Calabi

When you're offline, none of the categories on the XMB display their content, no trophies, no profile, no store, no friends, no messages, no game icons, it's scary how in-your-face useless the console becomes in this state without the internet, at least the ps3 didn't look so empty on OS level, you could still look at your trophies, messages and listen to music and watch videos stored on the hdd.

There just making there own problems with this, increased server usage and costs, annoyed customers when things dont work and they seem to not work quite often. There's no benefits to Sony or the customers with the way they have things constantly having to be called from the server. I even get games which have barely any online functionality, Wolfenstein, interrupting things in the middle of a cutscene to tell me that the network functionality has gone. It does feel like an always online console.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
There just making there own problems with this, increased server usage and costs, annoyed customers when things dont work and they seem to not work quite often. There's no benefits to Sony or the customers with the way they have things constantly having to be called from the server.

agreed. Slows things down and just stresses their servers. Just cache things from last time and let it update in the background if I'm focusing on one area for any length of time. Usually I'm just flicking past to get to a game or something

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
When you're offline, none of the categories on the XMB display their content, no trophies, no profile, no store, no friends, no messages, no game icons, it's scary how in-your-face useless the console becomes in this state without the internet, at least the ps3 didn't look so empty on OS level, you could still look at your trophies, messages and listen to music and watch videos stored on the hdd.

Welcome to my world. ;) I haven't had a home internet connection for about 6 months, had my PS4 for around 7 weeks. Occasionally I will tether my phone to upload trophies, message friends but outside of that the OS is like povo city. I'm sure a lot of PS4 owners had no idea how bare the dash is without internet until these outages. It's pretty sad.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Welcome to my world. ;) I haven't had a home internet connection for about 6 months, had my PS4 for around 7 weeks. Occasionally I will tether my phone to upload trophies, message friends but outside of that the OS is like povo city. I'm sure a lot of PS4 owners had no idea how bare the dash is without internet until these outages. It's pretty sad.

Did any of you really believe it would be any different? That's fairly naive imo.

The 360 has been useless without internet from day one. So I expected the One to be the same (and it is).

Once I knew Sony were charging for online and had heard the SonyToo rumours about Sony having always online, I knew the PS4 would follow the same path.

mgcemir

Banned
had the same problem few days ago, then i read somewhere that you need to restore default settings on the console,(doesnt delete games nor save files). after that it worked fine.

The weird thing is I am able to play my digital games and my ps4 is not the primary. Couldn't log in to see friends or the store.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmmm okay I'm very confused now. I can connect well to everything when I tether from my phone but through my wifi multiplayer won't work even though I can sign in just fine. This just started yesterday though. It had been fine before that.

d9b

Banned
strange, been playing with Destiny for the past hour I think

You think? You think as in "not sure"...

A) You think you've been playing Destiny for the past hour, but you're not sure, maybe you didn't but you think you did.

B) You think it's working (but you're not sure) because you've been playing Destiny for the past hour.

?

BuddyL33

Neo Member
Was unable to get on PSN this morning at 5am when I was playing Shadows of Mordor. Located in Kansas City area and on Time Warner Cable for my internets.

You hate a piece of plastic ? Why did you buy it then mate ?

You're right, it's not the right word but I was kinda furious at Sony and since Xbone is my least favourite console it kinda slipped into the ranks of being hated :p
I bought it because I wanna play its exclusives and keep in touch with my friends who are on MS network!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i was at work, psn got fixed, i turn on my ps4, start destiny and i get something like user generated content is not allowed for this account, voice chat same

Restore licenses did not work. Destiny connect times out with cattle error too

what the hell happened?

Dunan

Had the same problem as the OP when trying to update my trophy list on the Vita. The browser worked, but anything that required a PSN connection didn't.

You think? You think as in "not sure"...

A) You think you've been playing Destiny for the past hour, but you're not sure, maybe you didn't but you think you did.

B) You think it's working (but you're not sure) because you've been playing Destiny for the past hour.

?

You can be in a Destiny map without actually being connected to their servers.

You wouldn't know until you tried to log back to the tower.

Happened to me a few times during the beta.

Top Bottom