• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't login on PSN with my PS4

So just to confirm the only game that's playable for me right now is the only game I own on disc, Yakuza Ishin. All the rest of my digital games are locked.

So is this shit for the players? I can wait as I just wanted to watch some shows in Netflix but I absolutely had no idea this shit could happen for offline games too.

And the only game that isn't playable for me currently is a game I do have on disc (Destiny). My digital copies of Diablo 3 and Rogue Legacy and Child of Light and probably everything else still work.

CLEEK

I'm now getting a "This service is currently undergoing maintenance" when trying to sign in. Before it just timed out and give one of those pointless Sony error codes.

cjp

NW-31201-7 for me here in the UK. Guess I'll be playing Diablo instead of Destiny.

Thought my Wi-Fi chip had died at first as it wouldn't even get past the Obtain IP Address stage and then locked up on Checking Network Enviroment.

Seriously Sony as much as I hate MS and their console, I can't afford this kind of BS and I might start buying games for my dusty Xbone! I only have this much free time to play and when PSN is down every other week this is hurting my already tight gaming time!

cripterion

And the only game that isn't playable for me currently is a game I do have on disc (Destiny). My digital copies of Diablo 3 and Rogue Legacy and Child of Light and probably everything else still work.

Well Destiny is normal as it's an online game but all my other digital games are offline and I can't use any of them, even disconnecting from the net.

Seriously Sony as much as I hate MS and their console, I can't afford this kind of BS and I might start buying games for my dusty Xbone! I only have this much free time to play and when PSN is down every other week this is hurting my already tight gaming time!

You hate a piece of plastic ? Why did you buy it then mate ?

ExoSoul

Banned
It is a real downer. Before people say I'm overreacting this is why.
This was a day one £400 console. I work 50-60 hours a week with 3 children. 2 are disabled. So barely play it. My wife could see I was shattered so bought me fifa 15 and called my boss to say I'm not coming in. I wake up with an empty house, a note explaining she's out for the day and to enjoy my ps4 for once. And brilliant, the network is down.

You have my sympathy for what it's worth.

CLEEK

Connection test in PS4 settings still fails to sign in, but I went into Destiny anyway and it signed in and downloaded the patch.

m@cross

Wait, so I remember the outrage about MS wanting to do this and Sony actually did it and no one said anything? This is the first time it's down like that but I cannot launch any game or app right now (all my games are digital).

Always on = ALL content
With PS4 you could go all disc based and not need to have a net connection

Yes similar, but light years different than having zero options to not be online and be able to play.

DjRalford

Always on = ALL content
With PS4 you could go all disc based and not need to have a net connection

Yes similar, but light years different than having zero options to not be online and be able to play.

Usually online or not if it's your primary console single player games will still work

hagege_s

Banned
Sony needs to so something about PSN. Seriously. You can't ask people 50$/year and having the service down so often.

Upinsmoke

App back online. Presume everything else will come back now. Typically it's off the whole time the kids are at nursery. Now there home it's back on!

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Can't get multiplayer in any titles to work but the store is up and I can sign in. This is what it was like for me yesterday as well.

Top Bottom