• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom’s fighting games coming exclusively to IGN Pro League in 2013

Kikujiro

I just realized that this is the first time I'm listening to a PR Rog interview, He seems to be a really humble and likeable guy.

Dahbomb

Wait so SFxT on IPL is going to be played with gems?

PR Rog was talking about them, said that they would be more useful now especially the power/defense/meter ones.

sephi22

It's some B/C-list, TV celebrity chick getting c...cc... combo'd by some random girl in a nightclub who found her to be waay too annoying. Style points for the cigarette in the mouth... take notes Capcom.

Beyond this, I don't really remember myself who, what, when, etc.. I think the girl was on some European or maybe U.S. reality show.
Ummm... ok.
I thought when you said 'Stay Classy IPL/Capcom' I thought your post had something to do with IPL/Capcom

Personally, the magic of the FGC is the underground feeling.

and I would agree, but I'm willing to ignore that if that means more actual high level AE events per year with tons of international competition and not just wait for the next EVO/CC/SS.

Chavelo

The chicks... they fightaan.

tumblr_mcx9gzIlbJ1rxl1gv.gif

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
  • 30 sec ad
  • One minute of laggy stream at 240p
  • 30 sec ad

THE #ESPORTS EXPERIENCE LADIES AND GENTS

sephi22

I'm not getting that at all anymore. I just finished listening to Chen interview Dieminion for a good bit. No lag either.
If this was a major and they were streaming a relevant game, people would've eaten the stream crew alive already.

This has been one of the worst streams I've ever seen, and I expect better from someone who's part of the IPW crew. Bum's streams are better, and those are ghetto as hell

Lots of blockiness
not a lot of lag
long commercial breaks.

If this were, say, the last curleh mustache it would be

internet dies. all the time.
matches take forever to start
button checks on stream

FGC not thinking straight.

sephi22

Lots of blockiness
not a lot of lag
long commercial breaks.

button checks on stream

You must have missed when this stream died about 6 times in an hour

Quadratic

How can the stream be this bad? Their SC2 ones generally are pretty solid. Do they have interns working the Fighters stream or something?

Dahbomb

Hey man SFxT ain't so bad now. No timeouts, no braindead jab pressure, less Regen on health, use of gem is making things more interesting (more damage all around), rolls more punishable, better throw game etc.

Edit: Stream died.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey man SFxT ain't so bad now. No timeouts, no braindead jab pressure, less Regen on health, use of gem is making things more interesting (more damage all around), rolls more punishable, better throw game etc.
I have high hopes for ver2013

sephi22

There are just two more things that would make this game legit for me if they are taken care of:
1. The overpowered DLC gems
2. The high prices on costumes

Admittedly, #2 is just something I can choose to not partake in. But DLC gems really make it an unbalanced game online.

Lulubop

Edit: Stream died.

Yea, seems a bit better. I just wish the stages weren't so huge.

El Sloth

Banned
If this was a major and they were streaming a relevant game, people would've eaten the stream crew alive already.

This has been one of the worst streams I've ever seen, and I expect better from someone who's part of the IPW crew. Bum's streams are better, and those are ghetto as hell
But it isn't, and it's silly to make that comparison.

No doubt they've fucked up, but it's just an announcement stream with some exhibition matches out of some hotel suite. I'll withhold busting out the pitchfork and boiling tar until I see how one of their actual events run.

Busaiku

Weren't these guys supposed to be going to NEC (haven't checked out the stream, just reading the posts about Justin and Log and so on)?
I guess not?

Or they've got a hectic day ahead of them.

sephi22

It's the Internet. Things Fail™. I hope you got a refund.
My point was this isn't better than Curleh Mustache as you were implying in your last post. This has been one of the worse high profile FG related streams this year. Its been down about 30% of the time since it began and when its up its punctuated with 4 minute commercial breaks every 10-15 minutes.

Weren't these guys supposed to be going to NEC?
I guess not?
They're still going.
This is a 1 day event.

Didn't they patch some of the DLC gems?
They did, the assist gems got hit hard.
Oh shi-!
In there.

But it isn't, and it's silly to make that comparison.

No doubt they've fucked up, but it's just an announcement stream with some exhibition matches out of some hotel suite. I'll withhold busting out the pitchfork and boiling tar until I see how one of their actual events run.
I'm not busting out the pitchforks. I know this is an exhibition but I'd expect better from a seemingly professional production. Its not great and I'm not going to sugarcoat it.

My point was this isn't better than Curleh Mustache as you were implying in your last post.

I implied nothing of the sort. I'm saying streams have problems, and there's a tradeoff associated with each approach to solving those problems. Clearly IPL has things to fix, but I'm wondering aloud if fixing those problems will only make them as good as tournaments like FR/Curleh, where there are problems with having enough power/stations/good enough internet, and things bum out the viewers in other ways.

ismk

and I would agree, but I'm willing to ignore that if that means more actual high level AE events per year with tons of international competition and not just wait for the next EVO/CC/SS.

High level play doesn't always mean more hype, remember EVO top 8 AE '12?

Lots of blockiness
not a lot of lag
long commercial breaks.

button checks on stream

The last Curleh Mustache was one of those rare times that those kind of issues happened. I can't remember the last major that these kind of issues happened.

The last Curleh Mustache was one of those rare times that those kind of issues happened. I can't remember the last major that these kind of issues happened.

I can't remember the last time a major started its matches on time. I'd say that's a major problem.

sephi22

Y' know, if IPL is serious about SFxT, I'd be happy about other TOs not keeping it as a part of their tournament lineup.

SFxT can have its own series of majors in the IPL, and EVO can keep the other games as a part of its lineup. It can work as well as MK and MLG did (even though MK was still a part of regionals and majors)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fuck #esports

Community run tourneys like Curly Mustache and EVO for life. Seeing as this decision doesn't affect the tourneys I actually give a fuck about, I guess I'm happy. It would be supremely stupid of them if it was TRULY exclusive to IPL.

jbug617

Banned
Fuck #esports

Community run tourneys like Curly Mustache and EVO for life. Seeing as this decision doesn't affect the tourneys I actually give a fuck about, I guess I'm happy. It would be supremely stupid of them if it was TRULY exclusive to IPL.

If it's exclusive to 1 esports league then it would probably be easier to avoid overlapping dates with FGC majors.

MLG events overlapped with many FGC events this year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this SFxTK 2013 on stream?

I'm unsure because I'm using the grey life colour to try and tell and it's really inbetween the bright red I thought it was going to be changed to and the grey of vanilla SFxTK.

EDIT: I'm guessing 2013 because the UI is less OMGFIREEVERYWHERE

Top Bottom