• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced "Remember Me"

Pooya

rm_360_fobf1ssa.jpg

rm_ps3_fob24sc5.jpg

rememberme_gc12_scree8nsra.png

rememberme_gc12_screehusc5.png

rememberme_gc12_screepps5r.png

rememberme_gc12_scree21sa9.png

rememberme_gc12_screehds0x.png

rememberme_gc12_scree7wsgj.png

rememberme_gc12_scree4psyp.png

rememberme_gc12_scree65s8i.png

rememberme_gc12_screesgsd7.png

56k warning lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This game looks like Hydrophobia with Lara Croft's voice.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Trailer looks amazing.

It looks like a blend of:

- Omikron Soul
-The Matrix
-Ghost in the Shell
-Perfect Dark
- P.N.03
-Mirror's Edge

I'm ok with this.

Feindflug

worth saying that if this is MT Framework on Steam and they ditch GFWL i'll probably get it.

im all about the cyberpunkz

It's an outsourced project so there's no way this will run at MT Framework.

Now about the game it looks really cool, hopefully it's not just an Uncharted clone.

Either way a new IP is always a pleasant surprise. :)

Mario007

HOLY SHIT @ DAT TRAILER

amazing art style, amazing visuals, everything about it looks cool

I am guessing this is for next gen systemes? Cause those graphics look awesome

Artstyle is very nice. Graphics are very current-gen with character models being pretty average.

So... this is Adrift Project. It was a PS3 exclusive at some point iirc.

There was talk of Sony dropping the project. They were meant to reveal it last year at e3. I guess the game just wasn't good enough for Sony. I wonder how the 360 version will turn out since that'll be a port.

Just saw the 7 min gameplay trailer, it looks a little clunky, specially the climbing but the concept is awesome, the protagonist remixing the memories of the guy in the office is pretty original.

Day 1.

Ahhh, so that's what this turned out to be. And here was me thinking that game in the gif image was a Sony Vita exclusive. So it's kinda like Blade Runner mixed with Uncharted, Todd Macfarlane's involved and the team includes folks who worked on Burnout and Heavy Rain.

Where do I sign up? Day one.

Artstyle is very nice. Graphics are very current-gen with character models being pretty average.

There was talk of Sony dropping the project. They were meant to reveal it last year at e3. I guess the game just wasn't good enough for Sony. I wonder how the 360 version will turn out since that'll be a port.

maybe dontnod is feeling vindictive about it and sabotage ps3 version so it's inferior :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I think it looks really cool, all these recent cyberpunk inspired games, always great to have one more.

Though I'm going to bet that memory wipe is going to be how they "Metroid" you at the beginning of the game, and her voice, sounded like she should be voicing Lara Croft instead of little miss sex noise, lol.

ymmv

Banned
Man this game just feel like it's gonna be one of the biggest flops.Well i hope it's good because the more good games the better but.. this shit man i have no faith.

This is NeoGAF. You gotta believe.

I for one am interested. I love the idea of a game set in a future Paris. Everything in the trailer looked great. Hype on.

KorrZ

Looks interesting, definitely going to keep my eye on this one. Really sort of expected a new IP like this would be held back for next-gen seeing as it's so close at this point, pleasantly surprised though. ++Capcom;

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I like the lead character design.

and I'd like to note that we got black female protagonists in Gravity Rush,Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation and now Remember Me,which is nice.

ymmv

Banned
So... this is Adrift Project. It was a PS3 exclusive at some point iirc.

http://gematsu.com/2011/04/dontnod-confirmed-for-e3-adrift-reveal-inevitable

April 25, 2011

Dontnod Entertainment has confirmed their attendance at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. Now, many of you may be asking, “Who the heck are Dontnod?” We’ll tell you.

While we’ve not reported on their project simply because there’s so little information surrounding it, Dontnod is a French developer commissioned by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe to develop an “AAA” blu-ray title for PlayStation 3.

Job listings have labelled the project Adrift, dubbed an “AAA action-adventure game for PS3″ which is published “by Sony Computer Entertainment”. A team of eighty are reportedly working on the title.

And that’s it. We’ll be setting up an appointment with Dontnod to see what it is they have in store. With no games in their portfolio, it’ll be interesting to see what they’re crafting.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/17/introducing-adrift-the-first-game-from-dontnod-entertainment-f/

Only a few months later Adrift was a multi platform title.

August 17, 2011

Introducing Adrift, the first game from Dontnod Entertainment, for 360/PS3

In a cramped meeting room hidden amidst dozens of others at Gamescom's very busy business center, three of Dontnod Entertainment's founders were hiding out with the company's art director, Aleksi Briclot. Just before my appointment this afternoon, the quartet were attempting to woo an unnamed publisher with their first project, an action-adventure game named Adrift for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. As seen above, they weren't showing off anything more than a concept art-filled teaser, but I was later told that "half of the game is playable."

What that game is, however, remains to be seen. Creative director Jean-Maxime Moris, formerly an associate producer at Ubisoft, described Adrift as combat-heavy, but refused to go into any specifics. Adding to the game's mystery is its main concept: the year is 2084, you're in "Neo-Paris," and human memories can be sold, bought, and traded. Wait ... what?

"There will be a lot of the memory element, but how you interact with it I'll have to keep a secret for now," Moris teased. And it could be a bit of a wait before we know more -- Moris added that we'll see more in the coming months, but the next big showing won't be until E3 2012.

Adrift is set for a fall 2012 launch window on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and, as previously mentioned, has yet to find a publisher. We'll have more info from our meeting with the Dontnod folks soon, but for now we've got several concept shots from art director Aleksi Briclot below.

The game is supposedly running on Unreal Engine 3. Rather odd choice for a game that started life as a PS3 exclusive. It must make it easy to port the game to the PC though.

Withnail

Settings seems cool, not so sure about the rest. And that cover... lol

It was supposed to be a Sony funded title until they dropped it apparently.

Yes I know, the person I was replying to thought Dontnod might have sabotaged the PS3 version because Sony dropped it.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I'ma remember dat ass

edit, although it's pretty forgettable in gameplay. Why not please us nerds with some ass :(

UrbanRats

+ Paris.
+ Cyber Punk/sci fi.
+ 3rd person action game.
+ graphics look cool.

- Dubious protagoinist design.
- Uncharted scripted vibe.
- Trite premise.
- Not an amazing writing nor voice acting.

remixing memories remind me of Ghost Trick, but I just can't help thinking that this will not reach that same level of complexity. Ghost Trick is essentially a puzzle game and they get really clever about manipulating objects etc. I can only hope this is more than just a scripted scenes with very simple 'puzzles'.

Durante

This just looks like a mashup of tons of different games. Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Ghost Trick, etc.
Which is somehow worse than doing almost exactly the same single game again, like most "AAA" titles?

It looks way more original than anything with similar production values I can think of in recent memory.

Top Bottom