• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced "Remember Me"

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tell that to LA Noire. I think Sony made the right call again. Despite the great setting there's nothing particularly amazing about that trailer.

LA Noire was garbage but it sold more than almost all Sony PS3 games,so I'm not sure if it was a right decision.

This just looks like a mashup of tons of different games. Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Ghost Trick, etc.

Nothing wrong with that I think.

Zoibie

Oh yeah, I remember seeing concept art of this when SCE were involved. Glad that it was picked up again, although I'm surprised it was by Capcom. Can't wait to watch the trailer.

UrbanRats

Oh, well after seeing this, the graphics are actually less good than i thought (though it has time to polish things up), but the main character looks ok.
On the other hand, the gameplay idea it's interesting at its core, but everything looked incredibly guided in that video, from the Uncharted-like platforming to the trial and error memory manipulation.
I'm not sold on it yet.
Also why aren't they speaking goddamn French?

Durante

And that's bad? Looks way more interesting than any of those titles.
Exactly. It's a new IP with a fantastic setting, female protagonist, a unique combination of gameplay mechanics and wonderful aesthetics, and somehow some people still seem to be down on it. Can anyone seriously argue that gamers aren't hostile to innovation?

This just looks like a mashup of tons of different games. Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Ghost Trick, etc.

mashing up game is not the problem imo. I'm more concerned with the rather simple map, whether it'll be very scripted or not, and if the memory remix thing will get more complex later on. seems like there'll be some stealth and melee, so hopefully that part is good too.

UrbanRats

Exactly. It's a new IP with a fantastic setting, female protagonist, a unique combination of gameplay mechanics and wonderful aesthetics, and somehow some people still seem to be down on it. Can anyone seriously argue that gamers aren't hostile to innovation?
Innovation is cool and all, but execution is still crucial.
New ideas also have to work.

It's gonna bomb...not enough guns.

that or capcom will sabotage it pre-release with nonsense or no promotion.

Looks interesting tho.

I may be alone in this but I feel like Watch Dogs took the wind out of this game's sails (sales? heh). To me both look good, and who knows Remember Me may come out before Watch Dogs.

after reading about Limbo,rejecting Folklore sequel and now this, I'm really not sure if the guys at SCE even know what they are doing anymore.

The rumors about LA Noire is that Sony pumped 20m into it by 2006 and the game still wasn't even in playable form, which lead to them signing it away to Rockstar. The game was eventually released in 2011. What are the chances that a a minimum they didn't put another 20m into it? Which means that Sony would have had a 40m (at a minimum) game on their hands. GT5 and GoW3 are the only games that they've funded with that type of budget. And those games were guaranteed big sellers. I'm really not sure why you'd bring that up as an example of a mistake that they made.

after reading about Limbo,rejecting Folklore sequel and now this, I'm really not sure if the guys at SCE even know what they are doing anymore.

Limbo is an indie game, the more platforms it's on the better it is for the small team. Plus I got bored of it after about two hours.

And Folklore, Sony gave a lot of chances to Game Republic but all their games were bombs....

i can follow this game ...

concept seems intresting ( manipulating memories ) and it seems like the plot seems ok.

I'm waiting for more to be shown

The rumors about LA Noire is that Sony pumped 20m into it by 2006 and the game still wasn't even in playable form, which lead to them signing it away to Rockstar. The game was eventually released in 2011. What are the chances that a a minimum they didn't put another 20m into it? Which means that Sony would have had a 40m (at a minimum) game on their hands. GT5 and GoW3 are the only games that they've funded with that type of budget. And those games were guaranteed big sellers. I'm really not sure why you'd bring that up as an example of a mistake that they made.

yea and the studio was shut down and everyone laid off...it was a badly managed studio and game all around. It wasn't more profitable than any big Sony game....come on bro

sorry about the derail but that guy was spouting too much bs.

UrbanRats

I'm more of an innovation than an execution guy. I'd much rather play Alpha Protocol than Mass Effect 2.

And I'm really hyped for this.

I guess that makes sense, i mean i'd rather have an interesting idea over a super polished trite one too, though what i'm seeing there, is some guided Uncharted platforming (if you look at the minimap, it looks really limited) and some strangely guided memory manipulation, that basically forced you to select each option one after another in a trial and error kind of way (not much different than a standard point and click).
Not saying it won't be interesting, mind you, just that i'm not sold on it yet, despite the basic concept being intriguing.

From what I remember of the crazy butt gif on a train, this looks pretty cool, except weren't there QTEs?

Also, as a personal rule, I said Nintendo is excused for not having any multiplat announced prior to this E3, but any announced after would be a troubling sign.

Same shit evertime. I think it looks interesting, will be keeping my eye on this!

Trickster

Gameplay looks pretty rough in terms of image quality ( jaggies everwhere ) and animations.

But getting the game on pc should eliminate the image quality issue.

Otherwise the game looks pretty good. Just the fact that it's a cyberpunk game makes me happy.

From what I remember of the crazy butt gif on a train, this looks pretty cool, except weren't there QTEs?

Also, as a personal rule, I said Nintendo is excused for not having any multiplat announced prior to this E3, but any announced after would be a troubling sign.

what is this about a butt gif?

Durante

I guess that makes sense, i mean i'd rather have an interesting idea over a super polished trite one too, though what i'm seeing there, is some guided Uncharted platforming (if you look at the minimap, it looks really limited) and some strangely guided memory manipulation, that basically forced you to select each option one after another in a trial and error kind of way (not much different than a standard point and click).
Not saying it won't be interesting, mind you, just that i'm not sold on it yet, despite the basic concept being intriguing.
Yeah, I agree that it's simplistic, but from the dialogue at the start I assume/hope that it's a rather early mission. We'll see.

dramatis

Good thing I skipped to the gameplay trailer. It looked pretty interesting.

Surprised it's a female lead. Memory remix section reminded me a bit of Ghost Trick, but made much easier. Are they really going to make cutscenes for every object you mess with in memories though?

Sgblues

Looks interesting but waiting on a combat gameplay video to see how the game handles that.

Just noticed in the 2:10 mark of the vid, how she just jumped in front of that npc to climb up the building and he didn't notice/bother or anything, then again this is neo Paris 2084 so I'm sure parkour is the national sport in the future now.

Durante

Just noticed in the 2:10 mark of the vid, how she just jumped in front of that npc to climb up the building and he didn't notice/bother or anything, then again this is neo Paris 2084 so I'm sure parkour is the national sport in the future now.
Yeah, I also noticed that. Most incongruous part of the trailer.

They need some explanation for that. Maybe she's realtime-rewriting the memory of the passerby :p

dramatis

Yeah, I also noticed that. Most incongruous part of the trailer.

They need some explanation for that. Maybe she's realtime-rewriting the memory of the passerby :p
You thought that was incongruous? I was thinking from the beginning when she walked out onto the street and everyone else was wearing contemporary business suits and the guy on the phone with her told her not to look suspicious that her costume was already waaaay suspicious.

Cartman86

Banned
Yeah it looks like they are actually trying to make memory altering into a gameplay mechanic of some sort. Though the really cool stuff seems relegated to adventure game style gameplay. It would be cool if that part had alternate ways to complete it or let you be creative. Just telling you right away to kill the wife seems too much like it's holding your hand. Let me figure out a way to get this guy depressed enough to kill himself/framed for murder. Ghost Trick was a one solution type game too and I was fine with that. We'll see.

Top Bottom