• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Producer Hints at New Title That Will Make Fans Think: “Wow, They’re Making That?”

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://wccftech.com/capcom-produce...-will-make-fans-think-wow-theyre-making-that/

In a recent interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu, Capcom senior producer Jun Takeuchi has hinted at a new upcoming title that will surprise fans.

In the interview, Takeuchi talks about the updated Capcom RE Engine and the improvements that it has brought to the table, and Capcom’s intention to increase the size of the staff to be able to handle four AAA titles at once. While this is interesting, the most interesting part of the interview might well be that the team is working on a new title that will surprise people.

“If we keep gradually increasing the size of our staff, I’m thinking that at some point maybe we might be able to handle four AAA titles at once”, Takeuchi told Famitsu:

“Also, in addition to that, we’re currently working on a title that will make our fans think, “wow, they’re making that?

We’ve included the rest of the translated interview down below:

"…will also improve the quality and lie will disappear. Because lying comes in for sure by making it with CG. (This is probably referring to the uncanny effect) Scanning costumes will bring reality and weight to the screen, right? However, compared to Bio7, costumes of DMC5 are all custom made, so it costs about 10 times as much money. Commitment of the director is so terrible, I said “Do not you just make it with cloth?” When saying “I do not want to be all leather,” he says.​

Although the basic part is the same, it is an image that can be flexible according to the game. For example, the face animation of DMC5 has evolved considerably compared to Bio7. There is a scene that delicately smoothes his eyes and narrows his eyes and laughs with huge, but the staff of Bio7 that saw it had regretted that “I wanted to do that!” Although RE ENGINE has evolved, I think that it is great that the staff is mastering it."​

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Power Stone 3, Dino Crisis 4, Ghost Trick 2 or Viewtiful Joe 3. Has to be one of those.

Edit: or in my fantasy world, a 2-in-1 Zelda Oracles remake for Switch.

Last edited:

God Enel

Onimusha 4?
Too tired to think straight at what game it might be.

Would love that even though in the near future there are releasing some samurai games.

But Onimusha 4 plz more in the veins of 1 and 2. Not like 3 +

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Would love that even though in the near future there are releasing some samurai games.

But Onimusha 4 plz more in the veins of 1 and 2. Not like 3 +
You got taste, bro-fist!
I know what you mean, I especially like part 1 (which also saddens me that they aren't remaking that but remastering it instead).

Kreydo

They are talking about AAA games and it's not a fighting game, even if Marvel VS Capcom 4 is rumored

Since It's a new game so i bet for a new Dragon's Dogma, open world RPG are those kind of AAA.

Last edited:
Cynic in me wants to say mobile game and then they will be shocked people aren't excited (and yes it's Blizzard reference :D )

DiscoJer

Finally, a new Castlevania

(Joke. Dino Crisis, I would hope. That's the only thing that would make me wow.)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Dusk Golem from ERA mention that said titles is a) not a RE title and b) already far along in development, is going to be announced next year and then released the year after.

That said, I hope it's a Dino Crisis reboot. Would love to have Regina back.

Akuza89

Just give me a new power stone and stop teasing me.

I swear to Christ if its just another remake or remaster I'm done with capcom.

Shifty

Show me the God Hand sequel we all deserve.

Capcom has too many IPs for this :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Most likely Dino Crisis as it would perfectly fit in with the RE engine.
I hope so. It’d be dumb to make an AAA like Onimusha to throw against Sony & FromSoft’s Japan folklore action games. After seeing how body damage works in RE2 Remake, it’s the perfect time for DC4.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
YES! We're finally getting another magical adventure starring Mickey Mouse & Donald Duck. Capcom are going back to their glory days!

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
If it’s not Dino Crisis, I will cry rexy shaped tears of piss. Or something.

Either way, it’s nice to see capcom actualy feeling like they used to, i.e. AAA developer. Good stuff.

Ooooh, I hope it's Haunting Ground, that has so much potential for a reboot, those same surreal, gothic castle environments done with the RE engine would be incredible.

But Dino Crisis would be my guess, which would be cool too.

DonF

Breath of Fire would be cool. Its one of the only capcom franchises that would make me go Wow since they haven't developed an RPG like that since ...well, breath of fire.

ar0s

Not the title they are referencing but the only thing from Capcom I would buy day one is a Viewtiful Joe collection. FFS get on with it.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Only Power Stone or Mega Man X would make me say that.

See, no one will say "wow, theyre making that?" if its VJ, PS, DC, Onimusha, MM, or any other game fans want... responses to those wouldn't be a perplexed reaction.

what WOULD garner a puzzling reaction from fans would be: Lost Planet 4

Last edited:

Fbh

Dino Crisis but it's now an online only Battle Royale with the added gimmick that there are wild dinosaurs

Breath of Fire would be cool. Its one of the only capcom franchises that would make me go Wow since they haven't developed an RPG like that since ...well, breath of fire.

Man I'd love a new Breath of Fire

Top Bottom