• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Sale [US PS STORE]

Tom Nook

Damn good deals.

How's Daylight? This looks interesting.

PS3
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 $1.99
Breath of Fire IV $3.89
Capcom Arcade Cabinet $7.49
Capcom Combo Pack $5.99
Capcom Super Pack $9.99
Cyperbots: Fullmetal Madness (PSOne Classic) $2.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $4.99
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen $7.49
DuckTales: Remastered $4.49
Mega Man 9 $3.99
Mega Man 10 $3.99
Mega Man Legends 2 (PSOne Classic) $2.49
Okami HD $5.59
Remember Me $5.99
Resident Evil $9.99
Resident Evil 0 $15.99
Resident Evil 4 $9.99
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition $14.99
Resident Evil 6 Ultimate Edition $9.79
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection $7.01
Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle $27.99
Resident Evil HD Bundle $11.99
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City $4.99
Resident Evil Revelations $4.99
Resident Evil Revelations 2 $16.49
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X $4.99

PS4
7 Days to Die $26.99
Battle Trivia Knockout $3.49
Broken Bots $5.94
Daylight $4.49
Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition $17.49
DMC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition $13.99
LOOT Action Pack Buncle $11.99
LOOT Themes Bundle $ 9.99
Mega Man Legacy Collection $ 10.04
Resident Evil $11.99
Resident Evil 0 $15.99
Resident Evil 6 $15.99
Resident Evil: Deluxe Origins Bundle $27.99
Resident Evil Revelations 2 $18.89
Street Fighter V $40.19
Strider $3.74
TRON RUN/r $9.89

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
But I've seen all the RE games on sale at least four or five times this year anyway.

I notice it specifically because I've owned every single piece of RE content on PSN already. And It makes me sad I cant buy more.

it's the 20th anniversary year for the series, so they're going all out to make sure those who haven't can play the series before they officially reveal Resident Evil 7 and show off REmake 2.

The sale is nicely timed you have to admit, though.

Same. Fuck 3rd person gun games, fps, and zombies in general. I just can't give less of a damn about these things. I never feel excited aiming and running around in these games with things trying to be all "ooh scary" "ooh monsters" at me. Doesn't matter if its single player or multiplayer. I just can't care. Only exceptions for me have been Bioshock 1 and Metroid Prime. Both did a LOT different than other games and Prime had so much platform puzzling that it was in its own classification within the genre IMO.

Trust me, there is a lot more to the Resident Evil series than you might expect based off of your description of it.

Damn good deals.

How's Daylight? This looks interesting.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I would personally highly not recommend Daylight. It was honestly not very good when I played it on PC. The character whines too much, the gameplay is just serviceable, it looks pretty, but it lacks the fun/scared factor and has one of the worst forced dialogue elements I have ever seen with its randomly generated levels.

I have never played a Resident Evil game. If I were to jump in should I go with the first one or maybe start at 4 which I hear is one of the best.

Depends if you prefer horror and solving puzzles(RE1) or shooting everything(RE4)
You can't go wrong with either really.

If you have a PS4, RE4 is getting a port later this year or early next year. Something to think about.

RedToad64

Was waiting for Mega Man Legends to be discounted. But I did not expect it to be so soon after release at such a low price... it almost feels like a listing mistake?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Depends if you prefer horror and solving puzzles(RE1) or shooting everything(RE4)

If you have a PS4, RE4 is getting a port later this year or early next year. Something to think about.

Late summer/fall is what I have seen. I figure there will be a bundle of 4, 5, and 6 for Christmas.

norm9

Is SF x Tekken on Vita any good?

Five bucks seems like a good price even though I'd need to buy a new memory card since my only mem card is filled with Persona 5 and Hotline Miami.

i played couch coop with my cousin, I really enjoyed it, but i think its because of the coop, wihout it the game is average

if you are looking for a couch coop game go for it, if not i would pass

I see, I'm going solo so maybe I will pass. I still have RE1 and RE0 HD versions to play so maybe I should just go play those for my RE fix. Thanks.

Can I get some dumb fun from Street Fighter x Tekken on Vita for that price?
Absolutely.
Be warned that it plays more like SF4 than either the Vs games or Tekken.
I'm no fighting game expert, but I felt like I was playing SF4 with Tekken characters in it.
Which was fine by me.

RootCause

Five bucks seems like a good price even though I'd need to buy a new memory card since my only mem card is filled with Persona 5 and Hotline Miami.
Yes, one of my favorite games on the system. Alteady have the physical copy, but I'm definitely buying the digital copy too. :)

G0523

PS3
Mega Man Legends 2 (PSOne Classic) $2.49
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (PSP) $1.99
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed (PSP) $4.99

Bought so hard. Dat $2 price tag for Capcom Classics Reloaded is a freaking steal!

Also, what is Capcom Arcade Cabinet?

Hupsel

I got DmC finally, never finished it on the 360. Mega Man sounds like a good deal as well. Expected less than $10 for RE0... the only RE I still have to play :/

davedc226

Does Capcom Puzzle World freeze on the Vita like it did on the PSP? I own the physical copy of this and it used to freeze on PSP pretty badly, while playing Super Puzzle Fighter.

Well I was planning on getting RE6 and Code Veronica HD soon since I'm playing my way through the series again in order. Nice timing. Will also grab MML2, really good deal for a great game.

Seriously considering Mega Man Legacy Collection, but if the problems with it haven't been patched out already I'm passing on it.

Cool, I would probably enjoy either. Might as well get the HD Remake for 1 now and try 4 later.

Syril

Sell me on Breath of Fire IV. Think I'll get Tron Run/r too.
Neat battle system where the entire party is in every battle and you pick which three characters act and in what order, and the ones you didn't pick stay in reserves for the round and occasionally provide support and also regenerate temporary AP good for the current battle so you don't have to be super stingy with abilities all the time. Cool Asian-inspired setting. Two of the party members are a samurai sheepdog and a robot who attacks with rocket punches.

Cons: censored in translation to a ludicrous degree. Designs for characters who aren't the aforementioned sheepdog and robot are kind of uninspired by Breath of Fire standards. Story tends to get sidetracked. Fishing minigame sucks compared to BoF3.

Sell me on Breath of Fire IV. Think I'll get Tron Run/r too.

Have you played 3? It's very similar. But a bit darker and more disturbing sometimes. There's some strange subject matter, but it's mostly a lighthearted medieval fantasy rpg like they used to make back in the SNES/PS1 days, but with a very cool Asian influence. You know, turn based with dragons and shit. The graphics are also really nice. There's just no other game like it.
If you don't have any kind of history with the series, I'd say BOF4 is Final Fantasy 6 tier. Or at the very least Final Fantasy 4 tier.
I love those games.

ZeroCDR

Cool, I would probably enjoy either. Might as well get the HD Remake for 1 now and try 4 later.

The PS3 port of RE4 is kinda lacking as it is. Poor quality sound, 720p, and missing all the cool shaders and lighting effects from the Gamecube/Wii versions. Personally I thought something was off with the aiming controls as well. It's also been cheaper than $10 on PSN.

If you have a decent PC from within the last 5 years I definitely recommend Ultimate HD Edition (Steam sale right around the corner!). Otherwise, certainly can't hurt waiting for impressions on the PS4 version if you have one, if its based on the Ultimate HD Edition on PC we're all in for a treat.

bender

What time is it?
Getting Megaman Legends 2. Is the Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Online Edition DLC Pack worth it?

Sell me on MML2. I've never played a legends game before, so I'm not familiar with the series.

And I'm going to recommend RE Revelations 2. Best RE since 5, or 4 if you didn't like 5. Way better than the just ok Revelations 1.
Good single player and an even better raid mode. It's a great podcast game in that way.

The PS3 port of RE4 is kinda lacking as it is. Poor quality sound, 720p, and missing all the cool shaders and lighting effects from the Gamecube/Wii versions. Personally I thought something was off with the aiming controls as well. It's also been cheaper than $10 on PSN.

If you have a decent PC from within the last 5 years I definitely recommend Ultimate HD Edition (Steam sale right around the corner!). Otherwise, certainly can't hurt waiting for impressions on the PS4 version if you have one, if its based on the Ultimate HD Edition on PC we're all in for a treat.

PC is my main platform and I have a PS4 too. Thanks for the info, will do more research.

Glix

I'll buy you a copy if you give me access to your copy of P5!!!!

Futureman!

Glix

PSA - I like to use the PSN web store to shop on Tuesdays because I can shop vita and ps4 at the same time...

Not everything seems to be showing up in the capcom sale section. Just a warning.

J-Skee

Welp, there goes me trying to save money being thrown out of the window. In for Devil May Cry HD Collection, Mega Man Legends 2 & Resident Evil. Odd that the first Mega Man Legends isn't part of this though.

I've never done it because I'm a total wimp.

But those prices make the REmake sound tempting...
REmake is easily the creepiest and most atmospheric of the series, so just understand what you are getting into. Some of the settings are downright haunting, so you might shit yourself a few times if you manage to play it through, considering your "toleration level" for horror.

It's gorgeous though, so at least you can take that away if you don't. A really ageless looking game.

The End

I'm torn on the DMC games. In general, I'm a fan of both game and already have them on Steam.

I'm firmly in the DmC > DMC4 camp, but the PC version of the DmC is basically identical to DmC:DE, whereas DMC4:SE has a bunch of new stuff over the PC version.

Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom