• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Sale [US PS STORE]

Never played a Resident Evil game.

🤔

I should do that someday.
Wat

I'd start with the more modern ones than the original classics like people are saying. Unless you grew up with the convoluted gameplay and shitty controls of the classics, you probably won't like them.

Eylos

Banned
i forgot that for a 3d psx game, megaman is very beatiful
i thinks its one of the top 5 best 3d graphics for psx for sure

Windforce

Is SF x Tekken on Vita any good?

Five bucks seems like a good price even though I'd need to buy a new memory card since my only mem card is filled with Persona 5 and Hotline Miami.

SFxTekken PS Vita is a super solid port. I played a bunch of it. Well worth the 5 bucks.

Might be in for Breath of Fire IV, Mega Man Legends 2, and Devil May Cry 4. DMC4 is cheaper than the physical edition... but dang that backlog increase is real this year.

Thanks for the thread. Nabbed DMC Collection on PS3, since 5$ for three games isn't a bad deal. Never played one before, but hopefully I enjoy myself!

grimmiq

Well, was very tempted for Breath Of Fire 4, checked my US PSN account and I already have it...I really should make a spreadsheet for my digital games per region..

Tizoc

Rearmed 2 is especially worth picking up, for me, if I can start the game offline. It didn't launch that way, it had a sign-in DRM on PS3. I can't find anything that says that's changed, so caveat emptor for two bucks I guess. It uses SecurROM on PC, so seems like the game's days are numbered, eventually.

Tron/RUN is like $6 on Steam, I wonder if this is its swan song, I doubt Disney will be putting out much future support for the titles. I should go post it in that delisted games Steam group... um, buying delisted games is a bad obsession, don't get into it...

Rearmed 2 was PS Plus freebie for May :V

Is RE0 worth $16? I loved REmake, which I bought on sale a few months ago and it was my first RE game.

I loved REmake and played it when it originally launched on GameCube and recently again on PS4.

I didn't enjoy REZero anywhere near as much when I played it at it's original release even though it's in a similar style to REmake. So I skipped it when it came out again recently. Mostly because the story wasn't very good, there are no item boxes and you just drop stuff on the ground whereever you want (good in theory but annoying practice trying to remember where you left things), plus controlling two characters at once a lot of the time wasn't that fun. Didn't really like the "leach" enemies.

I'd wait on RE4 re-release later in the year. Then get RE5 if you enjoyed that. Then REmake 2 whenever that comes out.

Varth

This is correct. But it is oh so worth it. Reloaded has (edit, full lists for Ninjacoach)

1943 (with random kanji after it)

Ghosts n Gobs
Ghouls n Ghosts
Super G n G

Gun Smoke

Three versions of SF2
Commando
MERCS
SonSon
Vulgus
Higemaru
Exed Exes
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Eco Fighters

REMIXED Has:

Avengers (NOT MARVEL)
Bionic Commando
Black Tiger
Block Block (best name ever)
Captain Commando
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Last Duel
Legendary Wings
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Quiz and Dragons
Section Z
Side Arms
The Speed Rumbler
Street Fighter (ONE)
Strider (ARCADE)
Three Wonders
Varth

All games in both collections have screen mode options, including pixel perfect, if I am not mistaken.

But I can't transfer it to a EURO Vita without devoting an entire card to it and resetting the console each time I want to play it, right? : (

Wat

I'd start with the more modern ones than the original classics like people are saying. Unless you grew up with the convoluted gameplay and shitty controls of the classics, you probably won't like them.

I think REmake is worth playing but wouldn't bother with any of those other pre-RE4 titles unless you absolutely love REmake and want more. Also there are more modern control options you can use. But I'd just wait for REmake 2 in that case and play RE4 or RE5 in the meantime. Even those games controls take a bit of getting used to since you can't aim and move at the same time unlike RE6 and RE:R2.

Are these PSN Plus member prices? I'm interested in picking up SF X Tekken at that price. Been after a physical copy but this price is nice and cheap.

Also, is it possible to buy this without owning a Vita at the moment?

Windforce

Is there online multiplayer? I generally only play single player but I like testing out multi occasionally.

Yes there is online multiplayer and it is crossplay with PS3 users, servers are up. Not sure how active it is now, however, as it's been a while I don't play.

Are these PSN Plus member prices? I'm interested in picking up SF X Tekken at that price. Been after a physical copy but this price is nice and cheap.

Also, is it possible to buy this without owning a Vita at the moment?

The price is for everyone, PS Plus or not.

Yes you can buy it via web browser PS Store, just login and purchase there:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...kken/cid=UP0102-PCSE00005_00-SFXTGAMEUS000000

So is 7 Days to Die garbage? I see nobody talking about it. Interestingly it comes up as a June 28th release when researching it.

Edit: Never mind it doesn't even show as part of the sale on the PS4 store, release date is correct.

Copped MML2, played MML as a kid and loved it, hope MML2 holds up on Vita

Holds up extremely well in comparison to Legends. You could pretty much play through the game without changing controls. Though I found it best to map L and R as lock-on and fire buttons, since you can strafe very easily.

Sorry if this has been asked before. What about the Megaman X games on PSN (PSOne)? Are they not on sale? (Mega Man X3, X4 and X5)

Credo

Does anyone know why Mega Man 10 is listed as unavailable to purchase on PS3? I never got around to buying it back when it came out, but I don't want to pass it up at that price.

DedValve

Banned
Wat

Convoluted gameplay? You sure you using that word right, classic re is far more mechanically simple than modern re especially re6 which was convoluted (objectively so, meiteio had to make an amazing guide thread just so people could understand how to play it).

Miiiiight get re6 but none of my friends wants to buy :(

Agent X

I don't need to do a PS3 transfer for any of the PSP collections, do I? Thanks in advance for anyone who knows.

If you're referring to Capcom Classics Collection Remixed, Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded, and Capcom Puzzle World, then you need to do a PS3 transfer for all three of them.

Duress

So I tried REmake when it came out on Gamecube. I didn't really like it back then. Is there something that can get me started on a good foot in this game? I'm wondering if my tastes in games has changed, that I might like it this time around.

AmyS

Wait a second, can someone explain exactly how I can play Capcom Classics Collection Remixed and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded on my Vita ?

I have a PS3, but not a PSP.

Jinketsu

So I tried REmake when it came out on Gamecube. I didn't really like it back then. Is there something that can get me started on a good foot in this game? I'm wondering if my tastes in games has changed, that I might like it this time around.

Think of it less as a survival horror and more as a puzzle game with a bit of shooting on the side. I mean in this day and age, the "horror" aspect of the game is really, really tame and doesn't really do much for anyone if you're trying to get spooked or get sucked into a good thriller of any sort.

Wait a second, can someone explain exactly how I can play Capcom Classics Collection Remixed and Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded on my Vita ?

I have a PS3, but not a PSP.

You download the games to your PS3(from the store or your download list), then transfer them through the Vita USB cable. They'll show up as game bubbles on the PS3 XMB, like when you download a PS3 game without installing it.
Then just select the file with triangle and it'll give you the option of transferring it to the Vita.
And that's basically it.

Top Bottom