• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Sale [US PS STORE]

Bladelaw

Is the Mega Man Legacy Collection good on PS4? Over Remote Play on Vita? If so I'm snagging this as soon as I get home.

mao2

I've never done it because I'm a total wimp.

But those prices make the REmake sound tempting...
Buy Resident Evil 5 and get a friend to play co-op with you! It's probably the least scary in the series and is super fun especially when you have a human companion.

G0523

I just bought a Vita for $100 on eBay, perfect for Street Fighter.

IMO you are better off with Alpha 3 psp and/or Skullgirls.

I bought it too to mess around with, but sxt is pretty awful.

There's also Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded which includes all 3 Street Fighter II games. I'm not sure if it's backwards compatible with the Vita though since the store page only lists it for PSP. The collection is only $2 this week.

Can anyone confirm if Reloaded works on Vita?

Glix

Is the Mega Man Legacy Collection good on PS4? Over Remote Play on Vita? If so I'm snagging this as soon as I get home.

Seems like a real tough ask for remote play. I try and stick to stuff like Valk Chronicles or turn based stuff. Twitch stuff can be extremely frustrating on remote play, especially something like mega man where a small lag spike can put you in the spikes and send you all the way back or to the checkpoint.

If I've never played a Devil May Cry game can I still play DmC: DE?

Yes. There's no story connection and DmC is the by far the most newcomer-friendly. I'd actually recommend that you start with this one, then play the older games if you like it a lot.

PS4: Resident Evil $11.99

This is the ReMake everyone talks about? Is good? I could never get through the original on PS1.

Legends 2 for 2.50 is a crazy good deal, considering just a few months ago the only way to play the game was to buy it for 50+ dollars online.

Bladelaw

Seems like a real tough ask for remote play. I try and stick to stuff like Valk Chronicles or turn based stuff. Twitch stuff can be extremely frustrating on remote play, especially something like mega man where a small lag spike can put you in the spikes and send you all the way back or to the checkpoint.

I managed to clear Axiom Verge via remote play before it came out on Vita. I don't mind dying in Mega Man, I've played the shit out of them in their original formats (and the collection on GameCube). I'm just curious if there's any real technical problems with the games like the GameCubes X collection's choice of where the dash button should be.

RootCause

PS4: Resident Evil $11.99

This is the ReMake everyone talks about? Is good? I could never get through the original on PS1.

Legends 2 for 2.50 is a crazy good deal, considering just a few months ago the only way to play the game was to buy it for 50+ dollars online.
Yes, that's the one. Arguably the best classic RE game. Great game imo.

Glix

To get back to my rage for a moment...

How hard would it be to port MM 9 and 10 to PS4/VITA? What is wrong with this company????

Second time Street Fighter V has been on sale, and within a month of last time iirc. Interesting.

Will get Legends 2, and may get SF x T just to have some modern fighter to fool with on my Vita.

Mega Man Legends 2 for 2.50? SOLD.

Might check out Cyberbots too. Been curious ever since I saw Jin in MVC2, and maybe Strider?

What games are in the PSP classics collections?

Glix

I think you need a PS3 to transfer those Capcom Classic collections to Vita.

This is correct. But it is oh so worth it. Reloaded has (edit, full lists for Ninjacoach)

1943 (with random kanji after it)

Ghosts n Gobs
Ghouls n Ghosts
Super G n G

Gun Smoke

Three versions of SF2
Commando
MERCS
SonSon
Vulgus
Higemaru
Exed Exes
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Eco Fighters

REMIXED Has:

Avengers (NOT MARVEL)
Bionic Commando
Black Tiger
Block Block (best name ever)
Captain Commando
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Last Duel
Legendary Wings
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Quiz and Dragons
Section Z
Side Arms
The Speed Rumbler
Street Fighter (ONE)
Strider (ARCADE)
Three Wonders
Varth

All games in both collections have screen mode options, including pixel perfect, if I am not mistaken.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Is RE0 worth $16? I loved REmake, which I bought on sale a few months ago and it was my first RE game.

I think it's underrated, but it definitely is not as good as REmake--then again, that's true for most games.

If you go in with your mind right about managing inventory, it is nice to look at and offers more Resident Evil with that sweet GC-era presentation.

Fuck that hookshot, though

OmegaFax

Remote Play has a very slight lag. It's enough you'll notice it in games that require more precision.

There's the Playstation 1 Classics versions of Mega Man 1-4 you might want to consider down the road. They aren't on sale now but you wouldn't have to rely on Remote Play to get your classic MM fix.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Due to space limitations, not all deals are visible on the PSN promotion page and console dashboard. You'll have to manually search for the unlisted deals.

For the full list, please check out the Capcom Unity blog post below:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/blog/2016/06/07/save-up-to-85-in-capcoms-publisher-sale-on-psn

Hey, maybe you know the answer to this:

Did they patch out the "always connected" requirement from Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 for PS3?

I'm torn on the DMC games. In general, I'm a fan of both game and already have them on Steam.

I'm firmly in the DmC > DMC4 camp, but the PC version of the DmC is basically identical to DmC:DE, whereas DMC4:SE has a bunch of new stuff over the PC version.

Decisions, decisions.

This is incorrect, it's the other way around. DMC4 SE is the same on PC and PS4. DmC is heavily improved with new game modes on PS4 over the PC version.

How is 7 Days To Die on consoles? Decent enough of a port? Been itching for a open-world survival game lately.

Edit: turns out it's a preorder.

Over the last few weeks Sony has basically stopped putting up sale pages in the Vita PSN Store, or even adding discounts to the "Weekly Deals" section.

This is taking "Vita users know where to find the games" to a whole other level.

Wow I'd love to buy MML2!

I̢̹̬F̪̱̞ ̸̘̠͓̙I ̰̪͔͍͟C̡̙̦̱O̴U̙̥LD̢̯̹̺̼̼̠ ̜̘̜̱̝̪P̦̤̹͕̫L̨̹̞͎͓A̛̦Y̩̳͈̦̗ ̤͜I͈͙̻̦̼Ṯ̵͇͙ ͚͍̝͕̘̟͝O͔͜N̹͙̮͞ ̞̮͔ͅM̧Y̢͍̯͔̰͖ PS4̠̫̞͟

Miker

Thinking about buying DMC HD despite having played DMC1/3 if only because it's the definitive version of the games, and seemingly won't be ported to another system.

stuminus3

Great price on those Capcom Classics collections on PSP (or Vita via PS3). Crazy good selection of games in those things.

I've always wanted to play Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen but my PS3 is used as a Netflix machine in the bedroom now.

I don't know if I want to deal with all that.

If only they'd put it out for PS4....

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Rearmed 2 is especially worth picking up, for me, if I can start the game offline. It didn't launch that way, it had a sign-in DRM on PS3. I can't find anything that says that's changed, so caveat emptor for two bucks I guess. It uses SecurROM on PC, so seems like the game's days are numbered, eventually.

Tron/RUN is like $6 on Steam, I wonder if this is its swan song, I doubt Disney will be putting out much future support for the titles. I should go post it in that delisted games Steam group... um, buying delisted games is a bad obsession, don't get into it...

Top Bottom