• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America getting 13 ft bronze statue in Brooklyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Cool, hopefully I will get to see it one day.

Have we run out of real heroes or our are standards now so high we have to turn to fiction?

Peter_Pan_statue_in_Kensington_Gardens_in_the_City_of_Westminster_in_London,_spring_2013_(12).JPG

Statue_Of_Sherlock_Holmes-Marylebone_Road.jpg

Making statues based on fictional characters is nothing new.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think a giant dick statue would apt description of New Yorkers than Captain America.

Phallus-Festival-03782.jpg

Tagyhag

I could see people finding the statue in 2000 years and wondering who the hell this was.

Also, it'd look very cool in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

I think a giant dick statue would apt description of New Yorkers than Captain America.

Terrible post on so many levels

We can start with Larry Johnson's 4 Point Play and continue from there for a treatise on why New York, and its citizens, represent the best fucking city on Earth.

HStallion

Terrible post on so many levels

We can start with Larry Johnson's 4 Point Play and continue from there for a treatise on why New York, and its citizens, represent the best fucking city on Earth.

I lived in NYC for years buddy, try not to get too offended.

guek

Banned
Why waste this on a fictional hero rather than dedicate it to a real one?

A part of it is just home town pride and another part just another ploy by the city to attract tourists. This certainly isn't the first time something like this has been done.

920x920.jpg

Pretty neat, imo. Captain America, like Superman, is a good symbol.

HStallion

Why make a statue for the loser of Civil War? It should be Stark!

#teamironman

Personally I would think a Spiderman Statue would be much more fitting to New York than Captain America. When you think Superheros in NYC you think of Spiderman, maybe DD, but not Captain America.

KodaRuss

That is pretty dang cool. Never was a Cap fan until the movies and I love him now. Been reading Brubakera Captain run for a little while now and it really good.

Personally I would think a Spiderman Statue would be much more fitting to New York than Captain America. When you think Superheros in NYC you think of Spiderman, maybe DD, but not Captain America.

eh, Spider-Man is definitely first (though he'd have to be in Queens), but Cap is a close second when I think of super heroes I associate with New York. I'm a lifelong comic reader but the movie cemented that for me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
this is incredible

will def be at the bklyn unveiling

nah, Cap is brooklyn

Spidey should get one in Forest Hills though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom