• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Janeway Is Still A Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtz

Wow, i agree with this topic completely. Fuck Janeway, thank God they killed the bitch off in the books. ST books are the best. :lol

Darklord

Banned
DrForester said:
There was some good Borg eps. I loved Voyager's finale.

Except future Janeway gave the Borg all her future technology. She fucked up big time to save 1 ship.

Holtz said:
Wow, i agree with this topic completely. Fuck Janeway, thank God they killed the bitch off in the books. ST books are the best. :lol

Wow, really? How did she die?

Edit: Jesus christ, she became the Borg Queen, died and became a fucking Q?? That's worse than any Star Trek episode I've ever seen. And I've seen the one where she turns into a lizard because of warp 10.:lol

Darklord said:
Except future Janeway gave the Borg all her future technology. She fucked up big time to save 1 ship.

Wow, really? How did she die?

Edit: Jesus christ, she became the Borg Queen, died and became a fucking Q?? That's worse than any Star Trek episode I've ever seen. And I've seen the one where she turns into a lizard because of warp 10.:lol

A fitting end to a terrible character :lol

After reading Wiki, it seems Scott Bakula's wife was also auditioning for role of Janeway

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
iamaustrian said:
how can people, who are saying that Janeway was the worst Star Trek character ever, forget him:
wesley pic*
he was so annoying. I remember switching off my TV because I couldn't stand him anymore

When all said and done I'd put Beverly Crusher and Troi below Wesley, because at least we got 4 seasons without Wesley.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Medalion said:
There is enough technobabble to around, it's a requirement in starfleet.

Bashir and O'Brien... he's the freaking Chief Engineer for goodness sakes!
Not to mention Dax. (By err... Mentioning her.)

DrForester said:
When all said and done I'd put Beverly Crusher and Troi below Wesley, because at least we got 4 seasons without Wesley.
I have an ongoing joke with my GF about how much of a liability Troi is to the Enterprise. She's always being psychically assaulted by some vague energy or outside force. Why would you want the most vulnerable person in the universe on a star ship?

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
GrotesqueBeauty said:
I have an ongoing joke with my GF about how much of a liability Troi is to the Enterprise. She's always being psychically assaulted by some vague energy or outside force. Why would you want the most vulnerable person in the universe on a star ship?

I just saw that TNG episode with the Uxbridges (The Surivors, I think). She was incapacitated by a MUSIC BOX. Granted it was done so she wouldn't find out the truth, but it was hilarious all the same.

Shouta

JoshuaJSlone said:
ARGH! or even the same episode. That's one of the thing that sticks out to me about her. She was always damn sure she was in the right and would staunchly defend it, but when circumstances caused a change she'd be just as vociferous for the other way.

Just looking for a few relevant bits from my own written Voyager comments...

That's actually something I liked about the show. Someone so stubborn about their opinion and is forced to change it because of circumstance. If there was anything that I liked about VOY and that I disliked about other trek series, it was that. Granted, it got a little annoying when it was all the damn time.

Still, I can't recall too many inconsistencies in her decisions, or at least ones that went "UGH WTF"

Shouta said:
That's actually something I liked about the show. Someone so stubborn about their opinion and is forced to change it because of circumstance. If there was anything that I liked about VOY and that I disliked about other trek series, it was that. Granted, it got a little annoying when it was all the damn time.

Still, I can't recall too many inconsistencies in her decisions, or at least ones that went "UGH WTF"

whats the point of having principles if you're just going to change them with each situation?

Shouta

Teh Hamburglar said:
whats the point of having principles if you're just going to change them with each situation?

Principles aren't hard and fast rules though. You can't expect to follow them all the time. Granted, it makes for a more interesting character but still. Besides, there are plenty of times where Janeway stuck by her principles.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Cheebs said:
The new film is probably closest to that "feel" of Star Trek that we have had since the original series ended in 1969.
That's exactly why it made 6X more than the last movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom