• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Careful following Hogwarts Legacy stuff online.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Spoilers has always been an issue there’s too many platforms and voices to spoil endings before all you had was word of mouth.

Fuz

Banned
Twitter mob are now posting spoilers for the game to spite those that are enjoying the game and having fun.
And how do they know, exactly?

sherlock holmes GIF

I can't find a decent Sherlock Holmes gif, fuck this guy.

Personally, let them. Its the vibe of being in hogwarts that's special about the game and that cant be taken away no matter how hard they try.

Last edited:

RafterXL

Imagine railing against people spoiling games, harassing streamers and attacking people through social media, and trying to review bomb a game, for years, and then doing the exact same things when your "protest" doesn't go the way you planned.

Do these people not see the irony?

dave_d

Imagine railing against people spoiling games, harassing streamers and attacking people through social media, and trying to review bomb a game, for years, and then doing the exact same things when your "protest" doesn't go the way you planned.

Do these people not see the irony?
Pretty much no. So my impression of people like this is that from a fundamental point a view they literally don’t think their point of view is an opinion. So if you disagree with them you’re wrong and they need to correct people so they’re right. IE they’re just another fanatic like any religious nut job. (But I’ll change my opinion for people that actually demonstrate they aren’t like this which to be honest is probably most of the people even on Resetera)

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
There was a suicide thread here yesterday with the main "spoilers" in the title for about 20 minutes.

Eh, knowing what happens really doesn't change much. Still going to enjoy the game.

It gets crazier by the minute. First it was a discussion, then it was censorship, now it‘s assholery just because those SJWs don‘t know how to stay civil because no one ever set any boundaries for those spoiled people.

Fuck the woke mob. I don't follow anyone political or for this reason, but if they have that much of a problem with me playing a damn game, they can shove it up thier ass. Anyone trying to cancel or bully someone for playing a video game is mentally insane and should not be taken seriously.

FunkMiller

I got spoiled across the internet before release with TLOU2. Including on this forum

So yes.

It was a thing, unfortunately.

Until some members of the gaming community can grow up a bit when it comes to the things they decide they don't like, then this type of shit will keep happening.

Last edited:

TheHolyGhost

Neo Member
Good thing I generally only care about sight seeing, exploration and just building shit over story, but that's still freak behaviour.

They are one twisted bunch of freaks.
With what happened to John Linnerman, these industry guys might want to reassess their memberships to Reeeset.
There is a saying."Those why cry appease, appease, are hung by those they tried to please".

You created these people by feeding them. You made them think they had a cause instead of putting them in their place when they should have been.

Last edited:

murmulis

What those nutjobs don't seem to understand is that this harassment campaign will mostly affect normies who just "want to grill" - play the damn game in peace. And who aren't involved in that woke trans/terf civil war in any way.

This will have the opposite effect to whatever they want to achieve.

Sentenza

On r/gamingcirlejerk, notice rule #3:

Post image
Even before this episode, that subreddit has always been a complete shitstain on the pants of the internet.
I've never seen a larger congregation of morons feeling so unjustifiably entitled to act smug about the rest of the planet.

And ironically enough they are often guilty of precisely what they tend to accuse the rest of humanity: circle jerking like a sect of serial wankers.

Even before this episode, that subreddit has always been a complete shitstain on the pants of the internet.
I've never seen a larger congregation of morons feeling so unjustifiably entitled to act smug about the rest of the planet.

And ironically enough they are often guilty of precisely what they tend to accuse the rest of humanity: circle jerking like a sect of serial wankers.

Agreed. It's a cesspool of degenerates that have nothing to do with gaming. They just hate everything and complain about everything and will do everything in their power to make everyone else feel as miserable as them. Luckily most of reddit made fun of them. Wish their sub would get nuked.

Reactions: Fuz

RainblowDash

Gold Member
When they can’t control you the option they have left to try and destroy your fun.

Super pathetic and petty, so glad the boycott failed lol

Filben

The main stream media in the U.K. are calling out these freaks now, The Telegraph even mentions IGN and that preview and openly calls them out and criticise their virtue signalling.
Very good one from this article:
It’s no help to trans kids who are being bullied if a moral atmosphere is created in which a child who loves Harry Potter faces ostracism.

Top Bottom