• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers Remastered Coming Out 9/9 and Good News for Previous Owners

jbug617

Banned
COFajiiWIAAygPL.jpg

http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2015/09/04/ccrreleasedate/?linkId=16823597
September 9th, 2015 is the release date for Castle Crashers Remastered (CCR) on Xbox One! Yeah!! CCR being our new improved version of Castle Crashers, of course. We’ve been working on this update for the past year. Whew!

Here’s the skinny FAT you’ll find inside CCR:

-New multiplayer mini-game called Back Off Barbarian
-Five times larger texture sizes than the original!
-Twice the framerate of the original! (60 frames per second)
-Performance updates, gameplay tweaks
-Online multiplayer performance updates
-Ability to find games easier and quicker online

Castle Crashers Remastered on Xbox One will be $14.99 which is our usual cost of admission for this classic game baby. However…if you’ve previously owned Castle Crashers on Xbox 360, you shall receive our Thank-You-For-Saving-Our-Lives-That-One-Time special price of FREE THROUGH SEPTEMBER 20th with current Xbox Live Gold membership. Be sure to scoop it up early if you want to take advantage of that awesomeness. $0.00 for our game feels like a pretty good deal to me!!!!! (I’m not much of a businessman though!!!!)

The good news is starting September 21, 2015 we’ll still have a loyalty discount for Xbox One owners, which will bring CCR’s cost down to only $5.00 if you’ve owned it before. This special $5 price is available for any Xbox Live Gold members who are previous owners of Castle Crashers on Xbox 360.

EDIT: The Remastered has been announced for Xbox One and they said it's coming to Steam later on.
http://blog.thebehemoth.com/2015/06/15/announcing-castle-crashers-remastered/

Castle Crashers Remastered for Xbox One is currently in development and is expected to release later this summer! More info to come.

Note: Steam users will also get a chance to experience the remastered version in the future. The development of the Steam update will begin later this year.

Madness

Very cool game, glad it's getting re-released for current gen consoles

Think it's only Xbox One currently. Don't know if it's timed exclusivity but since it was also on Steam or PS3, they'd probably release the remaster for all soon, but who knows.

Ladekabel

So the update is only for gold members? I'm filthy silver member since I don't have a Xbone yet. Would be kinda nice if I had Castle Crasher ready to go if I'll get one. Enjoyed it on 360 but it got too difficult/too grindy for me to continue at some point so I stopped playing it.

muzzymate

And if you'd rather play the filthy original version on your Xbox One, that's announced as coming Fall 2015 with backwards compatibility.

So the update is only for gold members? I'm filthy silver member since I don't have a Xbone yet. Would be kinda nice if I had Castle Crasher ready to go if I'll get one. Enjoyed it on 360 but it got too difficult/too grindy for me to continue at some point so I stopped playing it.

Having to be a gold member probably falls on microsoft's requirement lap.

And if you'd rather play the filthy original version on your Xbox One, that's announced as coming Fall 2015 with backwards compatibility.

it's good to have both if you want to play online with someone who has an xbox 360 still.

cyress8

Banned
Amazed they have not created Castle Crashers 2. Easy money right there. Maybe this is to help with the development costs? :D

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Does this involve a Microsoft deal or something? What about the rest of us who bought on PSN or PC?

Does this involve a Microsoft deal or something? What about the rest of us who bought on PSN or PC?

Pit People their next game is only announced for Xbox One/PC atm so it seems they do have a deal with MS.

Sounds like right now there is nothing for PSN/PC people, otherwise it would have been in the OP post

I think it originally had some sort of exclusive deal on the Xbox 360 too, seems it is not releasing on those platforms on now. Although the benefit for the PC version does not seem that big.

Kill3r7

Awesome. This is a great way to reward the fans who supported them the first time around. Will definitely download it.

louiedog

I have a 3 month live card waiting to be used, guess i'll pop it on the 9th and pick this up as I owned it on 360.

I'm not exactly sure about when a gold sub expires (midnight day of, at time of day it was activated, etc) but if you use it late day on the 15th of this month you might be able to grab the current Games with Gold plus the ones for the 16th of December.

Or, if you don't care much about the games expiring on September 16th, wait until that day and redeem and cross your fingers that December will be more to your liking.

Too bad. Don't have a XB1 or my 360 anymore.
Game had severe netcode problems when it came out. Hopefully this fixes that.

The original game was labeled as Xbox 360 exclusive before coming out on other platforms later. Behemoth probably still has a MS deal. It will probably come out later for other platforms.

Coolio. I have the game with all of the DLC on PC, but I did buy the 360 version when it came out. Guess I need to get a two day trial of XBL Gold to get the upgrade.

Shiggy

-New multiplayer mini-game called Back Off Barbarian
-Five times larger texture sizes than the original!
-Twice the framerate of the original! (60 frames per second)
-Performance updates, gameplay tweaks
-Online multiplayer performance updates
-Ability to find games easier and quicker online

I don't really see myself paying for a Steam upgrade based on these features, but for those who want to play it on Xbox One, it's a great opportunity.

Top Bottom