• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers Remastered Coming Out 9/9 and Good News for Previous Owners

Hoo-doo

Banned
Damn nice for people who haven't played it on Xbox 360. It's great fun with a few friends on the couch.

Really stretching the boundaries of 'remastered' though. I can't imagine it'll play or look much different from the Xbox 360 original.

Really wish they would have just made a Castle Crashers 2 instead of that other game they made afterwards. What was it called? Oh right, no one remembers.

Really wish they would have just made a Castle Crashers 2 instead of that other game they made afterwards. What was it called? Oh right, no one remembers.

yea BattleBlock Theater held my attention for all of 5 minutes. Castle Crashers on the other hand was an amazing party game.

Its the Ace the hole for the entire company when stuff ever gets really bad and their merch + games don't sell anymore.

Then they announce CC2

Hesh

Is Microsoft still enforcing that system parity clause thing? I'm wondering if since this is releasing on Xbox One first if that means it won't be coming out on other platforms.

pastrami

Is Microsoft still enforcing that system parity clause thing? I'm wondering if since this is releasing on Xbox One first if that means it won't be coming out on other platforms.

At this point, I wouldn't count on a PS4 release. They seem pretty happy with the Xbox/PC platforms. Their previous game, Battle Block Theater never made it to PS platforms, and their next game is also Xbox/PC only.

Really messed up that you don't get the game free indefinitely like PS3/Vita>PS4 games. Also sucks for people like me who got it on the PS3:/

We need more games like this this gen.

Hesh

At this point, I wouldn't count on a PS4 release. They seem pretty happy with the Xbox/PC platforms. Their previous game, Battle Block Theater never made it to PS platforms, and their next game is also Xbox/PC only.

True. I was hoping with the sizable PS4 install base it might make the jump to multiplat. CC seems like a great fit for Wii U, too. I can think of some neat things to do with the Gamepad in co-op play.

Lovvvvvve this game. Was playing it again a few days ago to see if the bugged Insanity trophy was fixed (it wasn't :( ) and I still have that Volleyball trophy to get but this game is fantastic and I'm glad that Xbox One owners will get a chance to play this updated version.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
That timing. After all these years, they manage to time it just one week after Zombie Vikings was released (which is partly inspired by Castle Crashers). Most probably a coincidence, but a bit unfortunate for ZV. But then, it's for Xbox One only, while ZV is PS4 only (for now), so maybe it's not much of a big deal after all.

Bleh, disappointed that it's not coming to PS4 but not necessarily surprised. The Behemoth pretty much focus on Microsoft consoles.

awesome, now I gotta renew my Gold membership that's expiring on the 11th. are there any Canadian Xbox Live Gold 12-month code deals?

i don't know, I thought Battleblock Theatre was more fun than Castle Crashers. but don't get me wrong, I love both of them.

epmode

It spent most of it's development time as a GameCube title. also, 60fps 2D art would have been a strain on the 360's RAM.

The animation framerate can stay exactly the same even if the game is upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS. It wouldn't require any new sprites.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Really messed up that you don't get the game free indefinitely like PS3/Vita>PS4 games. Also sucks for people like me who got it on the PS3:/

We need more games like this this gen.

ps3 and vita games getting brought over to ps4 aren't free though. gow3, tearaway, DMC, etc.....

Wensih

They should release Alien Hominid on PC and *modern* consoles instead.

Edit: added *modern* for clarification as it was originally released for Gamecube (own a copy) and PS2 and later XBLA.

LAA

Awesome! I'm in for the free version!

I really hope they can make a Vita port of this too someday too. I thought castle crashers would be awesome on the VIta the first time I got my hands on the Vita actually.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Awwww yeah, that is awesome of them to do, nice.

This was the G.O.A.T. back in the day, especially when online co-op wasn't as large yet. Oh so much fun was had with friends in 4 player co-op.

Thanks for the reward The Behemoth!

Syriel

I'm not exactly sure about when a gold sub expires (midnight day of, at time of day it was activated, etc) but if you use it late day on the 15th of this month you might be able to grab the current Games with Gold plus the ones for the 16th of December.

Or, if you don't care much about the games expiring on September 16th, wait until that day and redeem and cross your fingers that December will be more to your liking.

Almost all Microsoft stuff is keyed off GMT. I believe this includes Gold subs.

Wensih

They already did.

I guess I should have clarified current digital distribution platforms as I know and own it on the gamecube. Outside of the Newgrounds flash game, I don't recall the PC ever getting the full-release. The only digital distribution platform it was released for was XBLA.

Reset

ps3 and vita games getting brought over to ps4 aren't free though. gow3, tearaway, DMC, etc.....

You're comparing retail titles with a digital only title. Anyway DMC 4 and GOW 3 were never on the PSN store. I haven't played Tearaway for the PS4, but from what I've read more than half the game is different(dunno if that's true). The guy was talking about games like Flower, Journey, Don't Starve, Hotline Miami, etc. which were digital only titles as well and weren't free for a limited time. But that's also not a fair comparison since those games didn't add anything new.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
You're comparing retail titles with a digital only title. Anyway DMC 4 and GOW 3 were never on the PSN store. I haven't played Tearaway for the PS4, but from what I've read more than half the game is different(dunno if that's true). The guy was talking about games like Flower, Journey, Don't Starve, Hotline Miami, etc. which were digital only titles as well and weren't free for a limited time. But that's also not a fair comparison since those games didn't add anything new.

can't think of a single example of a ps3 game getting new content and being free on ps4.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Free for me? Nice. I wish Xbox games had shared achievement lists. I fucking LOVE that about Trophies on PlayStation.

Man, this game was the shit back in the day. I used to hate the Red Knight. I'd use his special attack and I'm like "wtf is this?"

Then I realized you could hold it down to charge it...

rejoice.png

Any word on if the DLC carries over? I bought two of the packs. The pink and black knights were fierce trolls.

Defect

Man, this game was the shit back in the day. I used to hate the Red Knight. I'd use his special attack and I'm like "wtf is this?"

Then I realized you could hold it down to charge it...

rejoice.png

Any word on if the DLC carries over? I bought two of the packs. The pink and black knights were fierce trolls.
Pretty sure this contains all the dlc.

Hubble

This game is one of the best of last gen. Yup, I said it. It has so much potential for new features too.

I have always wondered why they never made a sequel.

Top Bottom