• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBS preparing "Wizard of Oz" Medical Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Higher-than-high concept"??

I guess, if you mean middle schooler who watches Dr. Quinn with his grandma and accidentally fell into her medical marijuana stash.

Novid

Banned
izKaFUxZJAW2m.gif

perfect. just perfect.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
original story characters from Kansas and Omaha

place it in New York City

sounds legit

I'd imagine that NYC is the stand in for Oz, and the Dorothy will be from Kansas. Typical fish out of water thing.

Hsieh

What's the big deal about adapting Wizard of Oz into a medical drama, nobody complained about how House was Sherlock Holmes adapted into a medical drama.

PaulloDEC

This sounds like pretty much the worst thing I've ever heard.

"Hey guys, I had this great idea! We basically do two terrible things at once; first we abuse and exploit one of the most beloved fantasy stories ever conceived, and secondly we create another terrible medical soap for an already crowded market! It's genius, right?"

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Sounds like a terrible idea trying to riff on the Grimm and Once Upon a Time TV series'. Seems like the links to the Wizard of Oz story are a huge stretch.

I'd rather watch a medical drama or "cop" show set in Oz itself.

INT. HOSPITAL

We see a grizzly, bearded man being rushed into an operating room on a gurney. Shakey-cam. Moody lighting. Doctors hastily pull on gloves and masks, and scramble for equipment. Amidst the chaos, the head surgeon walks in, followed by his young assistant DOROTHY.

SURGEON:

What do we have?

NURSE LOLLIPOP:

This man... his heart is missing.

SURGEON:

Scalpel.

DOROTHY watches from behind the surgeon's back, wide-eyed, as he makes a quick incision in the hairy man's chest. She whimpers a bit and turns her head. CUT TO - the man's empty chest, filled with gore but no heart. The surgeon casts DOROTHY a stern look.

SURGEON:

Toughen up. You're not at KU Med anymore.

ivysaur12

Banned
INT. HOSPITAL

We see a grizzly, bearded man being rushed into an operating room on a gurney. Shakey-cam. Moody lighting. Doctors hastily pull on gloves and masks, and scramble for equipment. Amidst the chaos, the head surgeon walks in, followed by his young assistant DOROTHY.

SURGEON:

What do we have?

NURSE LOLLIPOP:

SURGEON:

Scalpel.

DOROTHY watches from behind the surgeon's back, wide-eyed, as he makes a quick incision in the hairy man's chest. She whimpers a bit and turns her head. CUT TO - the man's empty chest, filled with gore but no heart. The surgeon casts DOROTHY a stern look.

SURGEON:

Oh my god this is perfect.

INT. HOSPITAL

SURGEON:

What do we have?

NURSE LOLLIPOP:

SURGEON:

Scalpel.

SURGEON:

10/10

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Silhouette of a doctor treating a patient who has pulled one of those hospital curtains around him. Whispers from various staff that it's famous Dr. so-and-so. Dorothy walks by and asks who it is. "Pay no attention to the doctor behind the curtain."

Maybe it's Doctor Oz! Get it!?.... :\

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Sounds like a terrible idea trying to riff on the Grimm and Once Upon a Time TV series'. Seems like the links to the Wizard of Oz story are a huge stretch.

I'd rather watch a medical drama or "cop" show set in Oz itself.

...I would watch the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom