• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrity Death Thread

blly155

Aug 3, 2014
ian holm is heart breaking. i just finished watching the LOTR movies the other day as well.

_

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.

_

"I know I don't look old, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart... I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. "

nikolino840

Dec 30, 2018
ian holm is heart breaking. i just finished watching the LOTR movies the other day as well.

_

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.

_

"I know I don't look old, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart... I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. "
Here there's Ian Holm Reading the part of Frodo in this radio dramatization on the BBC

Mar 3, 2014
such a shame. his performance in Alien has been and will always be the golden standard for an android. and of course, all his work as Bilbo are magnificent too. RIP.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

sobaka770

Jun 25, 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
Goddamn it, all those old actors from LotR dying off is really depressing. Ian lived a good long life (4 wives/5 kids damn...). I hope his death was as peaceful as sailing to Valar shores.

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
RIP to the author of this creepy yet awesome song

Reactions: Bullet Club