• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrity Death Thread

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
ian holm is heart breaking. i just finished watching the LOTR movies the other day as well.

_

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.

_

"I know I don't look old, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart... I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. "

nikolino840

ian holm is heart breaking. i just finished watching the LOTR movies the other day as well.

_

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.

_

"I know I don't look old, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart... I need a holiday. A very long holiday. And I don't expect I shall return. "
Here there's Ian Holm Reading the part of Frodo in this radio dramatization on the BBC

sobaka770

Banned
Goddamn it, all those old actors from LotR dying off is really depressing. Ian lived a good long life (4 wives/5 kids damn...). I hope his death was as peaceful as sailing to Valar shores.

Birdo

Banned
RIP Carl Reiner (98).

I know him mostly from being the director of The Jerk.

web_carlreinerbanner460315_112918224226.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
RIP to the author of this creepy yet awesome song

Aggelos

"In 2018, DeVayne was diagnosed with scleroderma. On July 17, 2020, he was rushed to the hospital for kidney failure related to scleroderma. Two days later, he posted an update on social media saying, "I let it go too long without going to the doctor and these are the consequences," as well as showing appreciation for the outpouring of support from fans and colleagues. He stated that he was undergoing dialysis treatment. Later that year, he was re-admitted into the hospital after being diagnosed with pneumonia. He died on August 20, 2020 at the age of 34."

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Japanese actress Sei Ashina, star of the historical arthouse drama Silk and the cult television series Kamen Rider Hibiki, has died. She was 36.

She was found dead in her Tokyo apartment on Monday, according to local news reports. Ashina's agency and Tokyo police confirmed that the actress died by suicide.

Top Bottom