• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CFB Week 7: Katy Perry, Football Goddess. Everyone else, Cougin It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I don't understand why college coaches still play for the long field goal at the end of games. It's such a crapshoot and they had a ton of time to try and score a TD if they wanted to.

Same reasons we usually lose, bad O-Line play and terrible play calling.

I don't think anyone actually believes Zona is the #10 team in the country, they were just obligated to put them there.

My long multi bet for this week:

central florida straight
stanford straight
oklahoma straight
northwestern +4pts
clemson straight
Miss state +2.5pts
NOtre dame straight
Arkansas +10.5pts
Arizona +2.5pts

$20 @ 41:1

Farking Minnesota screwing up my multi bet and costing me $800!

Justice has been served. Zona isn't really a top 10 team.

I totally agree. Pac-12 has a lot of flaky teams though, none of them like the pressure situations or expectations it seems

dumb kicker fucking up my pickem

I think I got three or so right this week, about 10 points worse than last week, pretty much the opposite of everyone else!

Be honest. Before the season started you guys knew the Virginia/Duke football matchup was going to be huge this year?

Fess up.

God...MISSISSIPI BURNING is all about the pigskin.

That state...

Only 6 undefeated teams left and at most only 4 of them can finish undefeated.

Since one of them is Marshall at least 1 team with a loss (probably an SEC team) is making the playoff.

Top 25 prediction

1. Mississippi State
2. Ole Miss
3. Alabama
4. Auburn
5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. LSU
8. Kentucky
9. South Carolina
10. Arkansas
11. Florida
12. Missouri
13. Tennessee
14. Vanderbilt
15 - 25. Who the fuck cares.

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

The Pac-12's last undefeated in trouble. The refs need to protect them like SEC refs

The refs sure fucking tried. The uncatchable 2pt conversion, the phantom PIs, the "it's cool, he batted the ball backwards" when the replay CLEARLY shows it going forward.

Too fucking funny that Sark iced the kicker twice successfully. I was laughing by the end, though, just figured USC was throwing away yet another game.

Only 6 undefeated teams left and at most only 4 of them can finish undefeated.

Since one of them is Marshall at least 1 team with a loss (probably an SEC team) is making the playoff.

If the two Mississippi teams make it to the egg bowl undefeated and then the winner goes onto win the SEC, the two Mississippi teams will both then make the playoffs.

However I can't see both of them making it through undefeated until then. They will both choke due to the pressure of going undfeated at some stage through the season.

I said a couple weeks back (before Bama and Auburn had both lost) that there would not be an undefeated SEC team by the end of the season and that was laughed at here.

There is no clearly best team this year. The winner of FSU and Notre Dame is huge this week. I think if either of those teams lose, they will drop out of playoff contention as some of their performances havent been too convincing so far.

Enough ranked teams lost this week where I could see it being possible. They got plenty of votes last week, so they definitely have some of the poll's attention at least.

Can't help but feel like its been a long long time since Marshall was last ranked. Maybe 8-10 years.

It sucks that this is a legitimately good team, but they are playing scrubs they blow out by 3+ touchdowns every game. Wish the old C-USA was still around, but the teams all moved on to bigger and parallel things.

The fact that the winner of CUSA gets to play like the 3rd best MAC team in a bowl fuckin' sucks. What's the point? P5 should just break away already. Make it official and give a separate 1-A non-P5 national championship. If you play a perfect season, you should at least get the chance to win SOMETHING.

jakncoke

Banned
Can't help but feel like its been a long long time since Marshall was last ranked. Maybe 8-10 years.

It sucks that this is a legitimately good team, but they are playing scrubs they blow out by 3+ touchdowns every game. Wish the old C-USA was still around, but the teams all moved on to bigger and parallel things.

The fact that the winner of CUSA gets to play like the 3rd best MAC team in a bowl fuckin' sucks. What's the point? P5 should just break away already. Make it official and give a separate 1-A non-P5 national championship. If you play a perfect season, you should at least get the chance to win SOMETHING.

2002 when you had sandwich tossing the pigskin around was the last time you were ranked , maybe this year you can break the school record for highest ranking which is 10th. The year you went 12-0 with chad pennington and still had to play byu in the motor city bowl lol

As for Penn St. loss, fucking sucks. But really cant say im mad. Just because the things changed for us, didnt change this team and shouldnt change my expectations. Going in I knew things were still going to be a process and we'd struggle to get to the 6-7 win mark. We just gotta collect some recruits and build up the team depth and talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom