• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chappie - Trailer One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see he's gone back to writing the screenplay with his wife.

Elysium felt like it had a script that came from a straight to dvd film that dolph lundgren or christopher lambert would star in (but with a huge budget)

This is Neil Blomkamp's new film right? Of Alive in Joburg, District 9 and Elysium fame? If so day one!

zxYaMzh.png

Aurongel

That's certainly a tonal departure from D9 and Elysium. Looks like it swings to hard in the other direction though.

gdt

That looked great. But I thought it was a comedy? Anywho looks very cool.

Seeing Die Antwoord on screen acting is very trippy.

sn00zer

Didnt realize DIe Anterwood would have such big parts......and it seems they are playing themselves?....weeeeeird

Egg0

Banned
I thought I remembered this movie being pitched as a comedy? There seems to be some light hearted moments from the trailer, but it looks more like a sci-fi drama.

Still excited though, even after Elysium.

ISOM

Watching that trailer made me think Hugh Jackman would make a great big boss.

Oh and the movie looks interesting.

I'm conflicted.

On the one hand it *looks* good, but that was to be expected.

On the other, it really does seem like a re-skinned Short Circuit. First trailers are just introductions, so hopefully the story will have a few more surprises hidden away.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to stick with my politically incorrect Fisher Stevens jam.

Why do i feel this movie's gonna make me cry?

Oh yeah I'm gonna agree with the Poster Above.. I want Hugh Jackman as Big Boss in a MGS movie now...

z3phon

Spent the past 10 months working on this movie. Have to admit it's a great feeling seeing it all come together in the end.

It actually looks pretty good, but I can't shake the feeling that the premise is a little derivative. It has shades of A.I. and Wall-E and several other things. But of course all that matters is whether or not it's a good film, and it does look like it could be. And that's just based on the trailer... the script/story could go into different directions for all I know.

kurahador

Hmmm...I thought this movie was supposed to be a comedy.

Will remain skeptical until it's out. Elysium was too terrible to forget.

Jackpot

Banned
Looks like it'll be depressing. "Let's anthropomorphise this innocent robot as far as it'll go then watch it be tortured and ripped apart"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom