• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chappie - Trailer One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busty

Banned
I can almost guarantee you, from watching nothing but the trailer, that the following lines will appear in this film.

"I thought that we were teaching Chappie about humanity.., but really, he was the one teaching us..,"

"What is this thing called.., love?"

This just looks like Blomkamp's rehashing yet more of the ideas he had in his first two films. In my eyes he has a lot to prove after Elysium.

Nafai1123

Banned
They've had a thing for a few years now.

58140_433326061970_80749331970_5592247_4767616_n_8b9b.jpg

Dafuq? I've seen that video multiple times and never noticed that before. Makes sense though since their both from South Africa.

abadguy

Banned
At least the Indian guy is played by an Indian actor this time.

lol, yeah. Looks good.

Chappie reminds me of:

500px-AppleseedBri2.jpg

just not as badass.

Sigh. There will never be a good adaption of Appleseed will there...

Mean spirited if not petty.

That said, Neil Blomkamp should be given the rights to adapt the Appleseed books* into an actual movie. Fuck, make it a trilogy.

*ignore the horrid CGI films/series

I'd love to see Blomkamp take on Appleseed, and yeah the CGI films are fucking garbage.

three movies in a row where you got some grizzled badass hunting down the protagonist smh.

this time they got the gawd hugh jackman though thankfully.

Zebra

This looks to be about as unsubtle as his other works.

I'm keeping my expectations low and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

big_z

it looks like they mashed the storylines of short circuit 1&2 together and set it in the slums of Elysium.

cacildo

Funny how now everybody hates Elysium

When i went to watch it, everybody was lovin it.

And no, its terrible.
Its like Amazing Spider Man 2 - remember the "people on twitter saying its the best movie ever"

Funny how now everybody hates Elysium

When i went to watch it, everybody was lovin it.

And no, its terrible.
Its like Amazing Spider Man 2 - remember the "people on twitter saying its the best movie ever"

Not me.

Anyway, Die Antwoord is cool. I'll see this. Hope it's a return to form.

So . . . was that Die Antwood guy written out of the later parts in the movie? Or was that all just overblown fluff?

He's got a pretty enthusiastic blog post about the movie, so I have no idea.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eerrrrrgggggh. I want to like. Conceptually it's not original, but the setting is, and I like Blomkamp as a director. But Elysium showed how dull and uninspired him and his team can be when delivering an otherwise interesting (again, if unoriginal) theme. He too easily succumbs to two dimensional sappiness and cliches. And this runs a high risk of falling into those categories.

And as much as I adore Die Antwood, I cannot unsee them as who they are, which has soured me bad from that trailer.

Kanyon

This looks awesome. I love Blomkamp's robot aesthetics in his films, makes them look really worn and lived it.

This looks like some Disney bullshit. I'm done with blomkamp after D9. Dude has gone ham.

How are we expected to connect emotionally with a robot? I'm sorry but artificial intelligence is just too far fetched. This is a Disney movie as far as I'm concerned.

Alrus

It looks really cheesy. I expect the robot to die tragically at the end with a scene where Hugh Jackman realizes his mistakes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom