• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| Cheap, Calm, and Carry On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we put together some kind of chart for the new OP where every retailer we can think of has a tick or a cross in categories "ships before release date?" and "charges when you pre-order?" and "good customer service?" and anything else that gets asked almost every single page

I was talking about Garrete's post,thought Garrete was joking/being sarcastic, I dunno about Pepe's actually being a hate thing, some board or organisation or something designated it as one today lol.

After further investigation, I have concluded they were being sarcastic.

Meme's are super cereal business.
Yeah man, the Anti Defamation League are totes about banter and jks

Dont you know you'll ruin a persons week with some may mays

pepethefrog-1.jpg

It's all fun and games until your meme gets co-opted by an organised millionaire funded hate movement 👍👍

Eanan

pepethefrog-1.jpg

It's all fun and games until your meme gets co-opted by an organised millionaire funded hate movement 👍👍

Well thats a bit different then. I thought it was just a innocent rare pepe going by the posts.

pepethefrog-1.jpg

can we not do this here

sometimes memes are just memes and Pepes just Pepes. No one here even lives in the US

I didn't realise the former was an offensive meme/picture. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries. That's what's so frustrating, I mean inherently it's not, but as with so much of gamer/internet culture, it's getting overrun with shitheads. The actual page most people/headline writers didn't read is a pretty good rundown, with similar sentiments: http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/pepe-the-frog.html

I don't want to go too much in on it, like YianGaruga suggested, it's not really the place for that discussion, and I went a bit hard on it in that post. Unfortunately the only way to deal with this sort of thing is to call it out when people don't know. To a certain point, it's better to presume ignorance.

pepethefrog-1.jpg

It's all fun and games until your meme gets co-opted by an organised millionaire funded hate movement ����

No worries. That's what's so frustrating, I mean inherently it's not, but as with so much of gamer/internet culture, it's getting overrun with shitheads. The actual page most people/headline writers didn't read is a pretty good rundown, with similar sentiments: http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/hate-on-display/c/pepe-the-frog.html

I don't want to go too much in on it, like YianGaruga suggested, it's not really the place for that discussion, and I went a bit hard on it in that post. Unfortunately the only way to deal with this sort of thing is to call it out when people don't know. To a certain point, it's better to presume ignorance.

The last two lines of the BBC article I linked:

The ADL has clarified that most Pepe memes are not racist, and that innocent versions will not be subject to the hate symbol designation.

"The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist," the group said.

With great PowerPepe's comes great responsibility etc etc.

It's the context AND content as with most things, that matters.

I didn't even say anything about the ADL being about jokes, my post was about the post being taken as a serious comment ,rather than a joke.

I mean that's what I said, but sure

But you quoted my post & then talked about fighting ignorance, when I wasn't, so I had to say my peace, lets leave it at that unless there's any other issues.

The last two lines of the BBC article I linked:

The ADL has clarified that most Pepe memes are not racist, and that innocent versions will not be subject to the hate symbol designation.

"The mere fact of posting a Pepe meme does not mean that someone is racist or white supremacist," the group said.

With great PowerPepe's comes great responsibility etc etc.

It's the context AND content as with most things, that matters.

I mean that's what I said, but sure

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Stop it. You're... hurting... me.
Hey, what did I do? I voted remain :(

Anyway my OT Suggestion would have the following tagline

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| OT5: Brexit? Is that a tasty new breakfast cereal?

Eanan

It was actually £139 before the Shopto website got ddosed.

I expect amazon to price match, as lots of price matching so far.

Literally posted it on the other page .
^I replied in my other post.

Also I posted this earlier but edited it out since it went OOS really fast, but UK GAF:
PS4+FIFA17 for £150 @ Smyths online from midnight and instore:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fro...-ps4-500gb-lego-pack-2519285?page=28#comments
Edit- Seems Shopto & Game are doing it as well o_O.

Argos,Game & John Lewis are also doing it apparently
Game comes with points+Now TV pass
John Lewis have an extra years warranty.
Also, you can return to store which is better for electronics imo.

Also seperate thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1285646

isn't that just retailers clearing warehouse psf4t stock (yea, i totally did that) for slim stock and upcoming pro stock?!
A bit of both I bet. There's like 5 or more places having the same offer. Seems like an organized Sony promotion. Don't see how you could otherwise run this deal without losing money

oti

Banned

oti

Banned
You think you could get a second copy for me? I'll paypal you 20€ right now.

If not, no big deal. Just thought I'd ask at least

Thank God I couldn't sleep so I checked my threads again. 😄

YES! I just bought a second copy for you. Let's be weeaboos together! But let's sort the payment thing out tomorrow. Now I'll try to sleep. 😴

Thank God I couldn't sleep so I checked my threads again. ��

YES! I just bought a second copy for you. Let's be weeaboos together! But let's sort the payment thing out tomorrow. Now I'll try to sleep. ��

I love you

PM me tomorrow for payment. PayPal or Überweisung would both be fine, whatever you prefer

Pay an extra £200? You could buy two PS4 consoles for the price of one Pro and still have enough cash to get PS+ and a £10 code

Hardly a "trade up"

Well he was considering waiting for a pro... He could sell this or trade it in for around the same price as he bought it for and get the pro, I even quoted him man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom