• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chile releases official study on UFO photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdeezy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lesli...chil_b_5558713.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

2014-07-04-pastedGraphicjpg1-thumb.jpg

2014-07-04-pastedGraphic2-thumb.jpg

2014-07-04-pastedGraphicjpg-thumb.jpg

2014-07-04-pastedGraphicfinal-thumb.jpg

The government office investigating UFOs in Chile has released an analysis of two high quality photos showing what appear be genuine unidentified flying objects above a remote copper mine. The office, known as the CEFAA (Committee for the Studies of Anomalous Aerial Phenomena), is located within the Ministerial Department of Civil Aeronautics (DGAC), the equivalent of our FAA, under the jurisdiction of the Chilean Air Force. It is responsible for the analysis of selected reports of unexplained aerial phenomena in Chilean airspace, most of them from pilots and aviation personnel.

The photos were taken at the Collahuasi copper mine, more than 14,000 feet above sea level in the Andean plateau in the far north of Chile. An extremely remote location with low oxygen levels and unusually clear skies, the area is desolate and inhospitable. The Collahuasi mine produces copper concentrate, copper cathodes and molybdenum concentrate from three open-pit mineral deposits.
Four technicians - professionals specializing in electricity, electronics, and fluid control - were working there in April, 2013. They witnessed a disc-shaped object which approached slowly and was present for more than an hour, moving around in different positions and hovering at about 2000 feet. One technician took pictures with his Kenox Samsung S860 camera. The strange object made no sound, and eventually moved away towards the East.

The witnesses decided not to tell anybody because of the negative associations they had with UFO sightings, and therefore had every intention of always keeping the sighting private. But some months later, the photographer casually showed the pictures to the chief engineer at the mine, who asked for copies. The engineer sent the images to the CEFAA in February, and provided the agency with information reported to him by the witnesses. He too has requested anonymity.

191-i-want-to-believe-x-files.jpg

amar212

Why would they fly so close to.the surface?

Galaxy travellers but no high-res cameras with crazy lens?

#nowayjose

Orayn

are these kinds of threads known for having ufo debunkers?

curious

i believe we aren't alone in this universe

I also think there's a very good chance Earth isn't the only planet that supports life, but that shouldn't have an effect on whether or not you "believe in" UFOs.

commedieu

Banned
That tops the list of the UK/France/NZ/Mexico and others disclosing their information about the % of UFO's that aren't just the imagination of folks. Lovely, cant wait to see more. Either its aliens, or the military needs to come clean with its technology that seemingly defies physics. Either contact, or no more damned fossil fuels. These things sure as hell aren't using gas and lift.

Good to see this though. But it is a bit terrifying that a UFO can shut down airports like in China, and people pretend that these things aren't threats to national security. Or hell, people pretend they aren't real even when its literally shutting down airtraffic because of how its not real.

rjinaz

curious

I think most can agree these days that it's unlikely human kind is alone in the universe. What people do have a problem believing is that we are currently being visited. There are some good reasons for that such as the insane amount of distance between solar systems, and the idea that aliens wouldn't have much interest in us, they might our plant though which they could no doubt easily take from us (so why haven't they?)

Those are definitely unidentified flying objects, but that doesn't mean that they have to be of extraterrestrial origin. If it's a surveillance device of some sort, then it would probably benefit the party responsible to have people not take it seriously and think "aliens", though, but even that is a step towards the conspiratorial.

Those are definitely unidentified flying objects, but that doesn't mean that they have to be of extraterrestrial origin. If it's a surveillance device of some sort, then it would probably benefit the party responsible to have people not take it seriously and think "aliens", though, but even that is a step towards the conspiratorial.

This.

Probably some rich kid's drone taking dick pics in the air.

Monocle

It's an object, and it's unidentifiable. Therefore aliens are definitely visiting our planet.

Behold my airtight reasoning!

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Yep, that is an unidentified flying object.

*puts it with other ufo pictures next to the bigfoot pile*

commedieu

Banned
It's an object, and it's unidentifiable. Therefore aliens are definitely visiting our planet.

Behold my airtight reasoning!

How about we just settle on what exactly is the technology behind these things operating in ways that our traditional craft can't. And focus on that..? A lot of very qualified folks -in other nations- are treating the matter as interest. Due to safety. America is becoming alone in its stance against pretending UFO's aren't real, aren't natural phenomena, and are invading airspace without permission. None of these scientist are claiming green men, but they are citing that these craft aren't traditional. are on radar, infrared, and are interacting with us in ways we can't control.

General Bruno Lemoine, of the Air Force (FA of IHEDN)
Admiral Marc Merlo, (FA of IHEDN)
Michel Algrin, Doctor in Political Sciences, attorney at law (FA of IHEDN)
General Pierre Bescond, engineer for armaments (FA of IHEDN)
Denis Blancher, Chief National Police superintendent at the Ministry of the Interior
Christian Marchal, chief engineer of the national Corps des Mines and Research Director at the National Office of Aeronautical Research (ONERA)
General Alain Orszag, Ph.D. in physics, armaments engineer

The report is prefaced by General Bernard Norlain of the Air Force, former Director of IHEDN, and it begins with a preamble by André Lebeau, former President of the National Center for Space Studies (Centre National D’études Spatiales), or CNES, the French equivalent of NASA. The group itself, collective author of the report, is an association of experts, many of whom are or have been auditors of IHEDN, and it is presided over by General Denis Letty of the Air Force, former auditor (FA) of IHEDN.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_cometareport01.htm

if you have the time.

FkLA

Banned
I just find it a little weird that there was someone with a camera at that location. Seems a little deserted

jchap

Probably looking for the granite landing site they helped people construct a few thousand years ago

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I'm sure we have weird experimental planes that are beyond known technology. The government has a lot of very smart people with near limitless amounts of cash.

jerry1594

curious

All of them.

Its nice to see that other countries take the phenomenon seriously enough to study it. After the joke that was project blue book I don't think the US government will ever care to look into it again. At least at a public capacity.

Good to see this though. But it is a bit terrifying that a UFO can shut down airports like in China, and people pretend that these things aren't threats to national security. Or hell, people pretend they aren't real even when its literally shutting down airtraffic because of how its not real.

What the fudge!?

commedieu

Banned
Of course I believe in UFOs. Of course I believe in alien life. Do I believe those two things are connected however? Not really, there isn't any evidence supporting that.

Monocle

How about we just settle on what exactly is the technology behind these things operating in ways that our traditional craft can't. And focus on that..? A lot of very qualified folks -in other nations- are treating the matter as interest. Due to safety. America is becoming alone in its stance against pretending UFO's aren't real, aren't natural phenomena, and are invading airspace without permission. None of these scientist are claiming green men, but they are citing that these craft aren't traditional. are on radar, infrared, and are interacting with us in ways we can't control.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_cometareport01.htm

if you have the time.
I'm all for serious investigations of unexplained phenomena that aren't built on teetering ladders of assumptions. I'm only objecting to the cosmic leaps of logic involved in the belief that we have extraterrestrial visitors, an extraordinary claim that's made not an inch more credible by pointing to something mysterious and stating that, out of all the things it could possibly be, it's probably or definitely an alien craft. That assumption is a very poor foundation for realistic inquiry, but a lot of people are eager to ignore that so they can get on with the part that interests them: speculation. It's like watching someone try to balance an elephant on a pinhead.

Has anyone else noticed that as high quality and high resolution cell phone cameras became more common, UFO sightings have become less common? It's harder to fake UFO pictures now a days.

I'm sure we have weird experimental planes that are beyond known technology. The government has a lot of very smart people with near limitless amounts of cash.

Sure but why would they be over a copper mine in Chile? Unless it's really a Nuclear Research Facility in disguise.

commedieu

Banned
I'm all for serious investigations of unexplained phenomena that aren't built on teetering ladders of assumptions. I'm only objecting to the cosmic leaps of logic involved in the belief that we have extraterrestrial visitors, an extraordinary claim that's made not an inch more credible by pointing to something mysterious and stating that, out of all the things it could possibly be, it's probably or definitely an alien craft. That assumption is a very poor foundation for realistic inquiry, but a lot of people are eager to ignore that so they can get on with the part that interest them: speculation. It's like watching someone try to balance an elephant on a pinhead.

Most credible people who have chimed in or have done reports for their government, (Astronauts/Engineers/Physicist) aren't saying "ITS ALIENS!" They are saying, there is something out here, and its real. THe case in the usa, is that the government is keeping it a secret, so much so that some military officials have asked the Government to make it legal for ex-military to discuss their encounters with UFO's. President Clinton with an executive order deemed our secret military bases above the guidelines of the EPA, as to not disclose what sort of materials are giving citizens cancer at the bases/surrounding areas.

Whatever it may be. Something is out maneuvering our craft/spacecraft, and seems to be intelligently controlled. Thats what most of the government reports/disclosure reveal. That the % of UFO's that can't be explained away as hysteria/swamp gas, seem to be interacting in ways that we have little to no control over. And are definitely of interest to airforce/nation security.

people are too buys taking selfies, and not looking up enough :p

Hardly, anyone that cares to look will find 2014 videos. Especially mass ufo sighitngs, multiple angles. In cities like New York/Colorodo/Arizona, etc. The fact is that the media laughs at UFO coverage. There is no real coverage. If you're interested, just google mass ufo sightings and the year.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Has anyone else noticed that as high quality and high resolution cell phone cameras became more common, UFO sightings have become less common? It's harder to fake UFO pictures now a days.

people are too buys taking selfies, and not looking up enough :p

barit

The half-disclosure that we have since years and the ignorance about that subject speaks volume. Yeah who cares if someone had visit us when we are still busy to kill us each other on this fucking planet. No wonder that they don´t make the first contact when you see all that shit that the human race is doing. Just watch 10min. of daily news and you have your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom