• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chile releases official study on UFO photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Hardly, anyone that cares to look will find 2014 videos. Especially mass ufo sighitngs, multiple angles. In cities like New York/Colorodo/Arizona, etc. The fact is that the media laughs at UFO coverage. There is no real coverage. If you're interested, just google mass ufo sightings and the year.

I was responding to the usual argument about if so many portable cameras where are the pictures ??

I am interested, and as far as I am concerned UFO/UAP sightings still crop up and still are not answered, all I am asking is for someone to give us definite proof to what they are instead of saying what they aren't.

but this has been going on for a long while , look at "ghost rockets",
why are various countries interested in UFO/UAP?
I concede some governments are testing advanced tech in the open and this provides a way to deny it.

thought some craft seen are so far in advanced of what we have, I wanna know who is/what controlling them.

commedieu

Banned
I was responding to the usual argument about if so many portable cameras where are the pictures ??

I am interested, and as far as I am concerned UFO/UAP sightings still crop up and still are not answered, all I am asking is for someone to give us definite proof to what they are instead of saying what they aren't.

but this has been going on for a long while , look at "ghost rockets",
why are various countries interested in UFO/UAP?
I concede some governments are testing advanced tech in the open and this provides a way to deny it.

thought some craft seen are so far in advanced of what we have, I wanna know who is/what controlling them.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok... i smell what you're cooking. Read it the wrong way. Other governments disclosing their documents/their security concerns/their own programs are the only real insight we have. But it seems that the US/UN is the head of the worldwide treatment of the issue.

My only problem with the advanced tech, is that it is so damned advanced. Why can't people start to use these systems in their every day lives. We are paying taxes for all of this. Government pays nothing, neither do these corporations building the devices. So yea, if its us. I want the tech. No reason we should still be having fossil fuel cars if these people are jumping through electromagnetic fields, or plasma engines, or whatever else they've hired people to research all these years. The proof is in the 1% of UFO/UAP( :) ) being captured on film/radar. That tech is flying around. The tech exists. Who owns it? Probably the country spending trillions on black projects that tax payers can't know about.

What we know is that UFO/UAP's are a threat to certain countries. The usa pretends they aren't even an issue, yet, unclassified documents point to the fact that the military is most definitely interested in them, as they are a threat. I just want my 40 acres and a free-energy generator. Capitalism won't let that happen, which is probably why military tech behind these craft, are staying put. I just love to see the rest of the world disclosing the shit, as well, something is here. What it is? Who knows, but we don't even officially research it. Just claim everyone is stupid that sees one. Its hard to claim entire military/governments are insane the more they reveal information about the ufo/uap.

they have always been around

1122447978_2950856_370_xlarge.jpeg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok... i smell what you're cooking.

jufonuk

as for the media not taking it seriously, I can show you a kids program from the UK that is dealing with the idea of alien contact, and they way they talk about it seriously and go into the lore of Roswell, and talk to nick pope, to my mind is very disclosure like.

blue peter alien contact

Deadstar

are these kinds of threads known for having ufo debunkers?

curious

i believe we aren't alone in this universe

It is statistically impossible that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. That is a fact. That's not to say that these are real but there's no way we are the only ones if you take a look at how big the universe is.

It's awesome of the UFOs to always stay at a range where they seem somewhat blurry. Or just show up as lights. I mean, they could fly a couple of hundred meters closer, but they respect the proper procedures.

Red

I think most can agree these days that it's unlikely human kind is alone in the universe. What people do have a problem believing is that we are currently being visited. There are some good reasons for that such as the insane amount of distance between solar systems, and the idea that aliens wouldn't have much interest in us, they might our plant though which they could no doubt easily take from us (so why haven't they?)
Maybe we are the giraffes to their drive-thru African Safari.

cjp

It is statistically impossible that we are the only intelligent beings in the universe. That is a fact. That's not to say that these are real but there's no way we are the only ones if you take a look at how big the universe is.

Improbable, not impossible.

They're searching for the ancestors that made them the dominant species on planet Earth in the year 4476. There's an interesting thing happening to the human race. Some are being born with special brain abnormalities. Most of these cases are diagnosed with some disorder or another. And documentation in the dark ages was notoriously shoddy. They've been searching for the last 75 years... they only have 3,000 to go before their future and past are set.

Welcome humanity... to the new age.

JordanN

Banned
I've given up on the alien thing. If they're real, why don't they just show themselves? If not, they clearly have a reason to avoid us.

Aliens are probably out there but for all we know, they might actually want to kill us if we contact them.

The US and the other select nations know that UFOs are really time-traveling vehicles from the future.

Future human scientists coming back to study and observe the present day zoo that is the days of our lives.
That is why they never interact, and know when and how to avoid detection.

Really.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I find it hilarious how some people are quick to say aliens in spacecraft never visited this planet. Can you imagine if these ufo's are indeed of extraterrestrial? The technology and knowledge they would have would be so advanced, we would never be able to capture one or take a picture good enough to prove.

We as a species once believed the earth was flat, that we were the center of the universe.. Ect.

How can you be so arrogant to say life does not exist outside our own planet?

These extraterrestrials would have the technology to bend space and time.

Has anyone else noticed that as high quality and high resolution cell phone cameras became more common, UFO sightings have become less common? It's harder to fake UFO pictures now a days.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but cameras these days are still absolute shit for anything other than the photography we already do. Not even talking about cellphone cameras.

You cannot buy a camera nowadays for any money whatsoever that could ever actually capture an UFO and record a quality picture in which you could discern any detail on the object.

I find it hilarious how some people are quick to say aliens in spacecraft never visited this planet. Can you imagine if these ufo's are indeed of extraterrestrial? The technology and knowledge they would have would be so advanced, we would never be able to capture one or take a picture good enough to prove.

We as a species once believed the earth was flat, that we were the center of the universe.. Ect.

Who has said life doesn't exist outside our own planet?

You, however, might want to google Occam's razor.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

No one is ruling out life elsewhere.

Chances of that life being advanced enough at the same small window of time as we've been here is far smaller though.

Knowing we exist and solving the problems it would take to visit us much, much smaller still.

And presuming we're important enough for them to go to all this trouble, repeatedly, is in itself arrogant.

Yup. Earth is so arrogant. I feel as if we're (Earth) one giant coral reef housing billions, Residing in a mysterious infinite ocean. We have yet to have any company over or at least publicly identified anyone from any other "reefs" or places so we must be it. I do feel as if we have, and are currently being visited. But that's because I've seen 2 weird ass things in the skies and also because some stories my dad has told me while he's on the road in the middle of the night.

Big One

Banned
We as a species once believed the earth was flat
No we didn't...

Regardless no one is saying that aliens aren't real. If one can assume we are real, and life on Earth is real, in the massive size of the universe it's highly unlikely that life does not exist somewhere else. There just isn't any evidence that there's life near us, hence why people are skeptical of aliens visiting our planet, since aliens would have to bend the laws of the universe itself to get to us consistently which doesn't seem possible.

Plus to assume UFOs are of alien origin is assuming a lot. There's no basis in reality whatsoever in this association. If it wasn't for alien invasion stories this wouldn't even be as huge of a perception as it is. UFOs are UFOs, if we knew the origin of them we wouldn't call them UFOs. If there was verifiable evidence that a UFO is an alien spaceship it would be classified as such.

KHarvey16

I am sorry to burst your bubble but cameras these days are still absolute shit for anything other than the photography we already do. Not even talking about cellphone cameras.

You cannot buy a camera nowadays for any money whatsoever that could ever actually capture an UFO and record a quality picture in which you could discern any detail on the object.

Lol, what?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

We havent believed this for a very long time.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
No one is ruling out life elsewhere.

Chances of that life being advanced enough at the same small window of time as we've been here is far smaller though.

Knowing we exist and solving the problems it would take to visit us much, much smaller still.

And presuming we're important enough for them to go to all this trouble, repeatedly, is in itself arrogant.

This is how I see it. I firmly believe the math backs up the likelihood of intelligent life elsewhere. Now, they may have been a great species that died out billions of years ago, or will be intelligent in billions of years but right now are still single-celled organisms.

Intelligent life- Highly likely.
Intelligent at the same time as us, in the same general area as us, know of our existence, are a space-faring species that has mastered all the problems that come with it, and STILL need to send some shitty little crafts here to know every single god-damned thing about us?
Very, very unlikely.

When a government here on Earth wants to go blow some motherfuckers up just as often as not nowadays they send a UAV to go do it from thousands of miles away. That's just with our current tech. A species that is sufficiently advanced to come here wouldn't need to. They could probably do some remote scan and find out anything they wanted to know from so far away we couldn't even fathom it and we'd never even know.

I highly doubt that Earth is the only planet in the universe with life on it, that seems unlikely even if you extrapolate it to advance life. Furthermore, while I'm not sure UFOs are aliens, I have a hard time believing they're all fakes or hoaxes, I do believe there are legitimate unidentified flying objects. On contrary though, I do believe it's possible that a very small percentage could be alien in origin, their behavior seems odd sure, but you have to remember there's no guarantee that aliens or their technology would ever follow the same evolutionary path as us.

As for the pictures in the op, they look legitimate, but that doesn't mean they're aliens. The shape kinda reminds me of a distant galaxy (which those are obviously not.)

Bloodrage

Banned
Didn't Snowden say something about aliens being in the NSA docs he stole? Something about a higher power governing our government, etc.

Horseticuffs

Didn't Snowden say something about aliens being in the NSA docs he stole? Something about a higher power governing our government, etc.

You know, I seem to remember hearing about that at some point but here we are and if that kind of shit was in the stuff he had it wasn't among the stuff he's leaked already to my knowledge.

I mean, I don't know why he wouldn't if it was legit. This shit would change EVERYTHING. Not just some country that will rise and fall in due time, but the whole course of our species forever. He'd be like some Christ-like figure who brought us the truth. Who wouldn't leak that shit if they got it?

That would be like the FIRST thing I'd leak.

Sigh. All this does is further my desire to experience first contact in my lifetime. The implications and changes to society/science would be unimaginable. For good or worse.

Lol, what?

Unless you're taking a photo with a top of the line sensor and a 500mm lens on full sunlight, you're not gonna get anything near usable. Even that would be a stretch, considering many of these photos seem to be capturing objects so small that even focusing them would be a struggle.

KHarvey16

You know, I seem to remember hearing about that at some point but here we are and if that kind of shit was in the stuff he had it wasn't among the stuff he's leaked already to my knowledge.

I mean, I don't know why he wouldn't if it was legit. This shit would change EVERYTHING. Not just some country that will rise and fall in due time, but the whole course of our species forever. He'd be like some Christ-like figure who brought us the truth. Who wouldn't leak that shit if they got it?

If it's even in there, it might just be referencing contingency plans and what-if scenarios. Those could be completely about aliens and about UFOs piloted by aliens, but really serve more to give support for the government not having any evidence to suggest aliens are visiting currently at all. Not such an attractive thing to leak right away.

Unless you're taking a photo with a top of the line sensor and a 500mm lens on full sunlight, you're not gonna get anything near usable. Even that would be a stretch, considering many of these photos seem to be capturing objects so small that even focusing them would be a struggle.

You're making so many assumptions I don't even know where to begin.

Bloodrage

Banned

Well, he did state he wasn't going to leak everything until the time is right or something like that.

But this is the link. http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.aspx?nn=13921021000393

I'm not sold on the info until I hear it coming from his mouth, though.

Blastoise

Banned
This maybe off topic, but what game used this quote:

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.

Horseticuffs

If it's even in there, it might just be referencing contingency plans and what-if scenarios. Those could be completely about aliens and about UFOs piloted by aliens, but really serve more to give support for the government not having any evidence to suggest aliens are visiting currently at all. Not such an attractive thing to leak right away.

You're making so many assumptions I don't even know where to begin.

Well, I don't assume he's got any evidence to begin with. I'd think most folks assume Uncle Sam has a contingency plan for just about any dumbass scenario with a more than zero percent chance of happening. Of course, maybe I'm putting too much faith in the Government.

I've always assumed they employed really smart people just to come up with plans for dumb shit like zombie viruses, rogue A.I.'s, First contact, Yellowstone going kablooey. All kinds of dumb shit. Better to have 'em and not need 'em than to need 'em and not have 'em. Plus plans can always be re-purposed for unrelated but similar situations.

I think you're probably right in that if he has anything it's proof of a plan for a what-if scenario but personally I'd be a bit concerned if they didn't have one.

Deadbeat

Banned
This maybe off topic, but what game used this quote:

Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Sounds familiar.

To add to the quote: we might not be alone, but due to the boundaries of physics we are blind and deaf from one another, doomed to essentially die alone.

M3d10n

Following Occam's razor, rare optical atmospheric phenomena is a much more likely explanation than intergalactic spaceships.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom