• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chile releases official study on UFO photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Every single intelligent species we're aware of, 100% of them, are aggressive, militaristic and largely religious destroyers of planets. Fermi Paradox may simply be galactic common sense.

A sample size of one seems pretty bad.

0c2.jpg

I've given up on the alien thing. If they're real, why don't they just show themselves? If not, they clearly have a reason to avoid us.

Aliens are probably out there but for all we know, they might actually want to kill us if we contact them.

Did you miss the thread about the kid that was burned alive? How about the kid beaten? People purposely making their trucks spew smoke to protest Obama? Guy that purposely left his baby in the car to die? The countless other stories of humans doing shitty stuff, reported and unreported.

Ask yourself, why would a species that can travel across a galaxy or whatever want to communicate with such a violent, unintelligent species?

Darwin didn't get it wrong. He knew what "fitness" meant. You seem to lack the full understanding of it. And evolution governs all life everywhere. Even if somewhere out in the Cosmos an intelligent lifeform bends the rules to its own ends, evolution is still in play, It always will be, forever, as long as a lifeform exists. So long as there is metabolism and a means of replication there will always be evolution. It doesn't just go away because a being develops intelligence.

It's an interesting topic, worthy of more attention than just this drive-by post... but yeah, anyway, Darwin understood fitness.

Where in my post did I say that evolution was not in play? I said that evolution by way of survival/conflict is not how it happens for every organism. Hence my statement that intelligent species "out there" could have followed a very different evolutionary path.

Again I nknow what fitness means. To be fit biologically, and also for for the environment you inhabit so as to continue to survive and reproduce. Darwin's idea that to survive/find its niche an organism has to be in direct conflictt with other organisms was in fact wrong. Not every organism follows that evolutionary path. That is however only one part of his theory of natural selection, most of everything else in his book has been supported and stands firm.

Did you miss the thread about the kid that was burned alive? How about the kid beaten? People purposely making their trucks spew smoke to protest Obama? Guy that purposely left his baby in the car to die? The countless other stories of humans doing shitty stuff, reported and unreported.

Ask yourself, why would a species that can travel across a galaxy or whatever want to communicate with such a violent, unintelligent species?

"We just had a long trip, we gonna kick back an' widdle some."
-Bill Hicks on aliens visiting Fife, Alabama. I heard Jay Leno with a similar bit too. Origin unknown, but the truth is out there.

As someone has already pointed out, the majority of the population now carries around HD quality video cameras in their god damn pockets and to this day, not a single photo of a UFO has been taken that doesn't look like a fucking smudge of chocolate fell on it.

And not only does this apply to UFO's, it applies to other popular paranormal activity that the X-Files covered back in the 90's.

- No clear pictures of Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, Ogopogo or The Brontosaurs that supposedly exists in Africa etc.
- No clear pictures of ghosts, demons or phantoms

I want to believe but when I live in a world where conservatively, 60% of the population is carrying around HD cameras in their pockets and we still don't have a legit photo of anything, it makes me want to throw out all the paranormal books I bought in the 90's as a kid.

commedieu

Banned

The planet & its natural resources. Could explain why there isn't a UFO landing and announcing to all humans they are there. Could be using bodies for our parts, as well as cattle. Could also be a planet in isolation for scientific study. Like prepping themselves over all these years to genetically deal with our environment. Thats something an advanced intelligence could do. Your planet broke? Find a new one.. adapt to how life is on it, versus trying to find perfect planets. Could also be a gas-station/food/pleasure, on the way to whatever.

There are really a myriad of reasons to interact with the planet, outside of talking to the monkeys on it.

A species that is millions of years older than us, or even hundreds of thousands, more than likely doesn't work logically, the same way we do. I'd imagine there is lots of mental communication, or just communication in different forms that we are aware of, that we are only embarking on now. It also takes a somewhat collective effort to create holes in space, or whatever means they use to move around. I'd imagine that anyone traveling space, isn't coming from a war-torn country/planet... you still need to some how allocate resources of your people to do these things.

So interesting.

LCGeek

formerly sane
As someone has already pointed out, the majority of the population now carries around HD quality video cameras in their god damn pockets and to this day, not a single photo of a UFO has been taken that doesn't look like a fucking smudge of chocolate fell on it.

And not only does this apply to UFO's, it applies to other popular paranormal activity that the X-Files covered back in the 90's.

- No clear pictures of Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, Ogopogo or The Brontosaurs that supposedly exists in Africa etc.
- No clear pictures of ghosts, demons or phantoms

I want to believe but when I live in a world where conservatively, 60% of the population is carrying around HD cameras in their pockets and we still don't have a legit photo of anything, it makes me want to throw out all the paranormal books I bought in the 90's as a kid.

HD cameras aren't enough for that either. Lets be realisitic your shitty smartphone lens isn't going to be capturing anything a couple thousand feet in the air all that well. Unless your carrying something high powered and meant for the motion, doubtful you can film anything on the subject that will bring this subject to a close. Also others aren't mentioning the US government and various others have made various policies at various levels of authority to discourage such a thing, but I forgot it's neogaf that's not a conspiracy that's just dismissing bs.

As for mention non exist monsters or animals don't bother it's bad fallacy. There is a world of difference between documenting and discussing things in the air we don't know which most governments don't setup of a system of report for vs that. Others in the thread mention the press meet with people from the military considering the press and public didn't want to actually find out what is really going on I could care less for this stuff.

Yeah! They wouldn't do that, but for some reason they would fly all the way here just to let us peak at them while they....do nothing.

The Earth has been visited by advanced Inter-Stellar Civilizations that can travel through other dimensions faster than the speed of light. They use energy propulsion systems that can bring us to a new era. Humans have also developed these systems but those in power have suppressed them in order to keep us at the mercy of fossil fuels. It is time for you to know…and this documentary will let you in.
http://www.siriusdisclosure.com/
Rent the truth for the low cost of $4.99

Six retired officers and one former non-commissioned officer claim to have gathered witness testimonies from more than 120 military personnel revealing the infiltration of nuclear sites by aliens as recently as 2003.
In some cases, nuclear missiles supposedly malfunctioned while a disc-shaped object hovered nearby.
Captain Robert Salas, a former Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Launch officer, said he was on duty during one missile disruption incident at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana in 1967.[...]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...uclear-missiles-US-military-pilots-claim.html

[...]
Will we ever know the “truth” about theMalmstrom case? The documentation from 1967 does not support the claim that UFOs were involved in the shutdown of Echo fight and there isn’t anything in these documents that supports the Oscar fight shutdown claim by Salas (with or without a UFO). It is all based on the will to believe, which will never establish anything factual. Establishing actual facts is the only thing that will prove what really transpired at Malmstrom. It is a fact that Salas and others have made claims about UFOs shutting down Echo/Oscar fight. It is not a fact that what they have stated is accurate or even true.
http://www.academia.edu/4321342/The_Beginning_of_the_Belgian_UFO_wave

This fuckin' video, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6kTODsqbDI

He's saying nukes were used in the first WTC attacks now. He's barely talked about aliens in most of this hour.

Yeah no that guy is a nutter. Almost in Eicke territory imo. I found a typed out presentation he did that reads like a screenplay. Reptoids working in underground bases, boring machines that use lasers that can cut a 7 mile tunnel in a day and leave the tunnel walls looking like black glass. There's something for everybody!

Pikma

Banned
I don't know what fuck these things are but I've been a believer ever since the guy in charge of media coverage (he's of course a proffesional photographer) at my dad's work took some photos of a newly inaugurated hydroelectric plant, an event my dad assisted to, and 3 of those things (same exact shape as the one in that photo) clearly showed in them.
That tops the list of the UK/France/NZ/Mexico and others disclosing their information about the % of UFO's that aren't just the imagination of folks.
What? Lists? I wanna see them

NateDog

I know it happens some places, but I've never seen it in Europe. Buildings are rarely that tall here though.

To me it looks like China is very superstitious, but I've never lived there.

It's the same thing in Japan though isn't it? At least that's what I found when learning Japanese.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Hell, here in the U.S. buildings don't have a 13th floor. At my work the room numbers go like 210, 211, 212, 214, etc...

commedieu

Banned
I don't know what fuck these things are but I've been a believer ever since the guy in charge of media coverage (he's of course a proffesional photographer) at my dad's work took some photos of a newly inaugurated hydroelectric plant, an event my dad assisted to, and 3 of those things (same exact shape as the one in that photo) clearly showed in them.
What? Lists? I wanna see them

They are all out there. Remember, NO ONE TAKES UFO's seriously. They are 100% a joke, nothing but mass hysteria. The government doesn't take them seriously, they are nothing to even waste time looking into. NOw onto the thousands of page of classified research that the governments have amassed over this non-existent ufo issue in our world.

Just google a country + ufo disclosure; for example.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/22/new-zealand-military-rele_n_800275.html

The documents, which run at an estimated 2,000 pages, allegedly comprise drawings of flying saucers as well as alleged samples of alien writing. Also included are accounts by members of the public, military personnel and commercial airline pilots describing close encounters, as well as never-before-seen details of the country's best-known UFO sighting, when footage of unusual lights was shot off the South Island town of Kaikoura in 1978, which was then explained as natural phenomenon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/17/tony-blair-ufo-briefings_n_1676157.html

UFO Files: Declassified U.K. Documents Released, Reveal Tony Blair Was Briefed On UFO Sightings

This has all the countries/links. http://www.educatinghumanity.com/p/ufo-and-alien-disclosure-list-of.html. You can google to get whomever covered the actual event of disclosing the information. Toi have better links than educating humanity .com, to save face. heheh :)

NateDog

Hell, here in the U.S. buildings don't have a 13th floor. At my work the room numbers go like 210, 211, 212, 214, etc...

Actually I completely forgot, last year Ireland didn't print out any car licence plates with "13" on them. Instead, they decided to put "131" (which makes total sense). Except now we are at "141" for 2014 and so on. Apparently it's "to do with the seasonal nature of the motor industry", curious how it just happened to kick in last year though. Welcome to Ireland.

Fnord

Considering the human race can't contact itself without ending up on the road to violence if there was a more peaceful civilisation who were "watching" us. There's no surprise that they wouldn't want anything to do with us.

Our species are pretty much the scum of the earth considering all the horrible things we've done to ourselves and our planet.

What would lead you to believe that extra-terrestrials would be any different?

Acorn

Pie-in-the-sky I say. No way they could all be man made. Man didn't make Venus. Could be pie pans though, in some cases.
Aren't a bunch of sightings in the 60s and 70s now known to be civilians seeing military prototypes?

I'm sure I read something about the b2 being responsible for sightings during testing too.

Winter John

Gold Member
The reason memes and mocking take place is due to posts like this. You question why nobody takes you seriously then post unbelievable nonsense and say you don't care if it's crazy, you still believe.....ok

I didn't ask anyone to take me seriously. I didn't say I believed in Phil Schneider's story either. I said I would like to believe it. There is a difference. Anyway, thanks for the snark and the aggression. You've really contributed to the subject.

Acorn

If you can't identify what it is... than it is a UFO...
You know what he meant.

Even then if you want to be pedantic it wouldn't be unidentified since the government (military) would know what it was and it is primarily a military term.

Winter John

Gold Member
Yeah it's really hard for me to buy the "insiders" stories like this, they just sound so absurdly out there in terms of all the info presented and eventually begin sounding like ideas for a screenplay. I used to be heavily into all the ufology and abductee lore years ago, and I agree that a lot of the stuff can make for a fantastic story, but my skeptic eyes roll hard whenever I begin to hear the more outlandish stuff. For example, this Schneider guy says a Grey killed like 40 secret service and black beret dudes single handedly using god knows what, all because some security officer forgot he couldn't be armed around Greys. Jeez didn't that guy get the memo?

I do love all the super tech talk though, that's always been an addictive "what if" element to these stories. Also, subterranean bases in general are fascinating. And now I feel like playing Half Life again.

I haven't really followed ufo stories too much. I'm a sympathetic skeptic I guess. The only one that ever really stood, apart from Schneider's story, was the one about the ufo landing at the Rendelsham Forest Airforce base. On the whole I think these things make the world a less drab place.

?oe?oe

You know what he meant.

Even then if you want to be pedantic it wouldn't be unidentified since the government (military) would know what it was and it is primarily a military term.
Not necessarily, but of course the military have no obligation to let their projects be known. Current aircrafts are sufficient enough to do the job at hand.

If we look at some of the crazy stealth bombers that we know of, it isn't farfetched to seeing something more radical being made or tested by the military.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
I haven't really followed ufo stories too much. I'm a sympathetic skeptic I guess. The only one that ever really stood, apart from Schneider's story, was the one about the ufo landing at the Rendelsham Forest Airforce base. On the whole I think these things make the world a less drab place.

Rendelsham has been debunked for ages, it was just seeing a lighthouse through the trees and everything else they said - radiation level, landing marks, burnt trees - was nonsense. They just confused normal things for something more.

I didn't ask anyone to take me seriously. I didn't say I believed in Phil Schneider's story either. I said I would like to believe it. There is a difference. Anyway, thanks for the snark and the aggression. You've really contributed to the subject.
Wanting to believe the unsubstantiated and outlandish only serves to show your inherent bias towards nonsense. That's supposed to be better?

No I definitely agree, there's some amazing stories out there like Skinwalker Ranch, that alone would make for a great TV series or film. A family owns some property in the midwest (can't recall where), and strange things begin happening, like waking up and finding one of their bulls just inside one of the cow trailers when it had been shut firmly and locked the night before. At times they can hear a hum beneath the ground around their property that sounds like heavy machinery operating underground. One time they claimed seeing in the middle of the night a patch of sky that was seemingly "ripped" like a sheet, and could see a completely different world beyond where it was daylight.

The family sold the ranch and guess who bought the property? That's right, uncle sam. And guess who was on the board of consultants for the research outfit studying the area? Jacques Vallee, who is actually one of the more legitimate ufo researchers out there (and who Francois Truffaut's character in Close Encounters was based on). Interesting thing is Vallee is usually very forthcoming about all his research, yet refuses to discuss Skinwalker. Yeah NDAs, feds, and all that, but I do find it telling that he won't mention any of the details when the guy has a small library published on every other facet of ufology.

There's a lot of weird shit going on out there we don't really have a firm explanation for yet, but I guess I've become more skeptic the older I've gotten. Reptoids can be a fun topic tho :p

Edit: my bad it wasn't the feds that bought the ranch it was a group called the Institute for discovery science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom