• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese delicacy known as "Virgin Boy Eggs."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

Thread title is wrong

Chinese delicacy --> yet another Chinese superstition

"If you eat this, you will not get heat stroke.
"By eating these eggs, we will not have any pain in our waists, legs and joints.

At least they're not cutting off the body parts of live animals for once.

Kinyou

The eggs are not bought only at street stalls. Local residents are also known to personally collect boys' urine from nearby schools to cook the delicacy in their homes.
cantdealwithit5pd1u.gif

Veritas_

It takes nearly an entire day to make these unique eggs... "If you eat this, you will not get heat stroke..."

Which is much easier than, you know, drinking some water and resting for a bit.

Dresden

But yeah, when I clicked the thread I thought it'd be about some exceedingly rare delicacy cooked with the balls of young boys.

Ferrio

Banned
Omg what a weird creepy culture
How on earth would something like this get started and another dude is like "yeah that sounds like a good tradition"

I'm guessing like this:

Man 1: "Hey let's make some Tea Eggs."
Man 2: "We're out of tea leaves."
Man 1: "Well, what do we have?"

Zyzyxxz

Fuck... as a Chinese man why do my people have to be so fucking disgusting and believe in such ridiculous health benefits.

They can keep their ground antler horns, bear prostates, and shark fin I renounce my culture!

Gaborn

just... um... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww (I had eggs for breakfast. They were not soaked in boy's urine).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I should not have read this thread while I was eating lunch.

I actually kind of get it. Maybe the salinity content is high enough that they're doing a quasi-brine or something? Still, if your diet is dangerously low in sodiums I could see how eating these could relieve muscle soreness.

I actually kind of get it. Maybe the salinity content is high enough that they're doing a quasi-brine or something? Still, if your diet is dangerously low in sodiums I could see how eating these could relieve muscle soreness.
And piss is preferably to salt water in this context how?

Tacitus_

This is from the country that brought us the "Century Egg" - a chickens egg that is stored in a way that turns it green and black.
What the fuck, China.

MMaRsu

Banned
Honestly though, if I would see someone eating this I would puke. How about the stench of boiling a bunch of eggs in some really nasty piss.

jerryleaves.gif

dojokun

Banned
Those are delicious, don't knock what you don't know.

Actually yes. I've had those on occasion growing up. They're very salty, and they are like hard gelatin with a yolk. One slice with a couple spoonfuls of rice is the right ratio to deal with the saltiness.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Those are delicious, don't knock what you don't know.

Century Eggs are delicious.

Dipping stuff in a 10 year old's pee sounds incredibly fucking gross, though. How can you possibly think it's appropriate to cook something whose secondary ingredients needs to be collected from elementary school toilets?

Davidion

Actually yes. I've had those on occasion growing up. They're very salty, and they are like hard gelatin with a yolk. One slice with a couple spoonfuls of rice is the right ratio to deal with the saltiness.

Soy sauce and tofu is a typical prep; I personally have rarely seen it eaten with rice.

Probably the best preparation I have ever had consists of the eggs sliced into wedges, soaked in soy sauce and hot sauce, and served topped with hot peppers. Magnificent.

Century Eggs are delicious.

Dipping stuff in a 10 year old's pee sounds incredibly fucking gross, though. How can you possibly think it's appropriate to cook something whose secondary ingredients needs to be collected from elementary school toilets?

I'm pretty sure this completely outclasses bull penises as the "grossest food Chinese people eat for stupid superstitious reasons".

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As if they weren't salty enough, you soak them in soy sauce?

Gross.

Not that they aren't gross already. Just give me a normal tea boiled egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom