• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle puts official price on quesarito secret menu item, nows cost an extra $3.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/248668

To the delight of Chipotle employees and the despair of cheap customers, the burrito chain is putting an official price on a secret menu item.

The company recently and without much fanfare standardized pricing for the off-menu “quesarito.” Now, the quesadilla-wrapped burrito costs $3.50 more than a typical burrito, despite the only added ingredients being cheese and a second tortilla. Previously, many locations would simply charge customers for the price of a regular burrito, though some would charge for the price of both a burrito and a cheese quesadilla.

Chipotle's communications director Chris Arnold that there are typically no hard and fast rules in how they treat off-menu items. "In the case of the quesarito, people were ordering them with enough frequency, and we'd see confusion among customers from time to time because they could be charged differently when they order it."

The quesarito developed a cult following amongst Chipotle lovers who enjoyed the addition of melted cheese to the tortilla wrap. However, it was a major source of annoyance amongst Chipotle employees, as it threw a wrench in the company's speedy assembly-line style.

According to a memo posted by an employee on Twitter, the new standardized process of dealing with customers ordering the quesarito is to inform them of the additional $3.50 charge and then have them step to the side as the quesadilla is warmed on the tortilla press. If customers object to the added charge, employees are instructed to explain that they must account for the additional time needed to make the off-menu item.

X113ksa.png

4zYbsJ0.jpg

HUELEN10

Good, damn quesarito orders in front of the line waste my time, and by the time I get to the front, they are out of fajita veggies and I am forced to leave.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Feel bad for corporate. They are the most "hacked" food place by far. This stuff makes them look like "bad guys" to stoner junk food junkie haxorz and ne'er dowells

DOWN

Banned
Why can't they just get a Queso melted cheese sauce like other good burrito places aka Qdoba?
Catch up Chipotle

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Makes sense.

The line at Chipotle already moves so damn slow because people can be so picky. My favorite is when people want everything in those little plastic cups.

Rootbeer

Banned
3.50 extra is some straight up bullshit. I can see $1 more or something but not enough people order this to make it that much of a timesink for the employees.

Good thing it doesn't interest me. I'd rather have a bowl. Sometimes with some taco shells on the side. Those are free or are they going to start charging for those too?

HUELEN10

Makes sense.

The line at Chipotle already moves so damn slow because people can be so picky. My favorite is when people want everything in those little plastic cups.

I want my rice on ththe side, they don't need to put it in a cup, or even seal it, just spoon it in the tray; problem solved.

DeBurgo

in generally I get secretly mad when I'm at chipotle and it's busy and some jerk even just orders a quesadilla, since it invariably screws up the order flow. I don't think I've seen someone order one of those monstrosities yet but maybe I wasn't ever paying attention.

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
$3.50? Get the fuck out. It's not even that much better anyway. But at that price, you're a bigger asshole for ordering it.

Rootbeer

Banned
As a Mexican, I never had Chipotle. Is it good? Also, what the fuck is a quesarito ?

As a non-Mexican who lives in Mexican Burrito Heaven (aka San Francisco) I think at least half of the taquerias in the area make a better burrito than Chipotle. But Chipotle does pride itself on its ingredient quality, and it tastes quite good to me. So I have no problems eating Chipotle anytime I'm not near a local taqueria.

Try it sometime and see for yourself! Make sure to get guac. Mmm... quac.

I think this is partially intended as a deterrent because they want people to stop ordering the fucking things. It holds the line up.

entremet

I think this is partially intended as a deterrent because they want people to stop ordering the fucking things. It holds the line up.

I never order them during busy times, nor do I sample every fucking thing like some people during busy times either.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
$3.50? Get the fuck out. It's not even that much better anyway. But at that price, you're a bigger asshole for ordering it.

It's not even an item on their menu and slows down the line. The fact that employees were even accommodating the people ordering these things was something of a miracle.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did you miss the thread you're posting in? They're not taking the option away, they're making people pay.
Uh did you miss your own post? You suggested customers don't order things that the company is still willing to make for a price. No need to be a douche btw!

DOWN

Banned
Few things cause rage in me like people who mosey around indecisively without regard for the line behind them. Don't you dare start reading the menu after you get to the front of the line. Think about this before you get there and decide what you are going to try promptly.

As a Mexican, I never had Chipotle. Is it good? Also, what the fuck is a quesarito ?

If you're used to real Mexican food, no it isn't good at all. I live in an area with tons of great hole in the wall Mexican food that's better and cheaper than Chiptole in every way possible.

DarkFlow

Banned
Few things cause rage in me like people who mosey around indecisively without regard for the line behind them. Don't you dare start reading the menu after you get to the front of the line. Think about this before you get there and decide what you are going to try promptly.

Come to San Diego, Chipotle is always empty.

robotrock

Banned
I still don't really understand secret items at fast food. This and the McGangbang are no exception.

Before this, they didn't advertise it. They apparently didn't even want people to buy it either because of the prep time. Why do they make them?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Never heard of this secret ordering shit not on the menu, that is a thing?

Can somebody explain it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom