• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle puts official price on quesarito secret menu item, nows cost an extra $3.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who

Banned
I've worked there for 6 months earlier this year at the busiest store in the state. I support this.

otapnam

I've worked there for 6 months earlier this year at the busiest store in the state. I support this.

Do you think their production line is even that great? I was at a store once and a manager told the employee to work on an online/phone order immediately, interrupting the line. I know the single line format is their bread n butter but it was annoying to see that as their process

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I still don't really understand secret items at fast food. This and the McGangbang are no exception.

There's no such thing as a secret menu. It's just that fast food places are generally very accommodating to customer requests and some people dream up of different combinations that become popular on the internet.

What's this about?

It's one of the famous Chipotle food hacks. "Three years ago, George Clooney opened up a tab at Chipotle and forgot to close it out. If you say, “This one’s on Clooney,” they add it to his tab (now somewhere around $3 million), and you eat free. That’s right: FREE."

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's one of the famous Chipotle food hacks. "Three years ago, George Clooney opened up a tab at Chipotle and forgot to close it out. If you say, “This one’s on Clooney,” they add it to his tab (now somewhere around $3 million), and you eat free. That’s right: FREE."
Oh my god lmao

Clipse

Had Chipotle for the first time today. Got a chicken/steak burrito bowl, the chicken was great but I'm not a fan of the steak. How's the sofritas? Thinking of trying that next time.

Chipotle was the worst job I've ever had in my life and I am so glad this is happening because fuck everyone who orders these.

Once I had a dude order a quesarito and when we charged him the price of a burrito plus the price of a quesadilla for it - which makes fucking sense - he screamed at us and stormed out, leaving it on the counter without paying.

How's the sofritas? Thinking of trying that next time.

Quite good! I don't know how the vegan crowd feels about it but the texture is almost completely indistinguishable from ground beef.

Chipotle was the worst job I've ever had in my life and I am so glad this is happening because fuck everyone who orders these.

Once I had a dude order a quesarito and when we charged him the price of a burrito plus the price of a quesadilla for it - which makes fucking sense - he screamed at us and stormed out, leaving it on the counter without paying.
This is why I think they're making it official and setting a high price as a deterrent instead of making a rule against doing it. If it's just a rule, it won't be enforced consistently and it just leads to situations where asshole customers get in fights with the employees. If it's right there on the menu, there's no argument to be had.

I hate how Chipotle charges me for a full burrito when all I want is chicken and cheese. Used to charge me for just a quesadilla but that is no more....

This is why I think they're making it official and setting a high price as a deterrent instead of making a rule against doing it. If it's just a rule, it won't be enforced consistently and it just leads to situations where asshole customers get in fights with the employees. If it's right there on the menu, there's no argument to be had.

Yeah this is exactly it. Back when I worked there quesaritos still weren't an official thing, so our understaffed location just told everyone we straight up wouldn't do them. We just didn't have the time or resources. We had so many pissed off customers as a result, and because Reddit is a cesspit of reposted unoriginal content, I could literally see some dumb reminder that quesaritos exist on the front page like once a month and, without fail, we'd get a massive uptick in people asking about them the next day.

It's kind of amazing where the blame goes in situations like that. If someone comes in and orders literally ten burritos, the vast majority of the customers behind them are going to blame the first employee they meet in the line. I once had some older lady chew me out because she waited for an hour in line. On Black Friday. In a shopping center.

Had Chipotle for the first time today. Got a chicken/steak burrito bowl, the chicken was great but I'm not a fan of the steak. How's the sofritas? Thinking of trying that next time.

The sofritas are decent. I had it one time earlier this year with hot salsa and guac and it was pretty mild. I'd definitely recommend trying it at least once. Is it relatively high in sodium if that's any concern to you.

Yeah this is exactly it. Back when I worked there quesaritos still weren't an official thing, so our understaffed location just told everyone we straight up wouldn't do them. We just didn't have the time or resources. We had so many pissed off customers as a result, and because Reddit is a cesspit of reposted unoriginal content, I could literally see some dumb reminder that quesaritos exist on the front page like once a month and, without fail, we'd get a massive uptick in people asking about them the next day.

It's kind of amazing where the blame goes in situations like that. If someone comes in and orders literally ten burritos, the vast majority of the customers behind them are going to blame the first employee they meet in the line. I once had some older lady chew me out because she waited for an hour in line. On Black Friday. In a shopping center.
How did you guys feel about customers that used the app to skip the line?

I hate how Chipotle charges me for a full burrito when all I want is chicken and cheese. Used to charge me for just a quesadilla but that is no more....

Yeah my wife is super picky, hates beans, salsa, doesn't like tortillas, so she just gets a bowl with rice, steak, cheese, and sour cream. Normal price. Or she gets guacamole and her tiny half full bowl is more expensive than my burrito bursting from the seams.

How did you guys feel about customers that used the app to skip the line?

It's totally fine. If you have a T1 who knows what they're doing online orders are usually not a problem, and when they become one, we actually open a separate line in the back just for online orders.

If your order is precise, or complicated, or long, or whatever, it's cool. I mean, that's the reason you're eating out, you don't wanna cook that night and you want it the way you like it. It's when customers treated me, my staff, or other customers like shit that annoyed me. Talking on the phone mid-order, reaching over the glass to point at stuff, demanding better treatment than other customers ("can I get the FRESH rice?"), etc.

Who

Banned
Do you think their production line is even that great? I was at a store once and a manager told the employee to work on an online/phone order immediately, interrupting the line. I know the single line format is their bread n butter but it was annoying to see that as their process

At my store, we would set online orders wait times to like an hour, hour and a half and refuse any phone orders and requests for earlier pick ups. Other stores do it differently, but I think the way we did it was fair.

As far as general production, yes you can have a slow crew, but 8/10 times its the customers slowing down the line and there was nothing we could do about it.

Surely for the thrill of it. No one samples things at Chipotle, stop lying.

Tons of people do, especially if they're dubious about eating spicy foods, or if they're letting their kids try it and see if they like it.

Chicken, cheese, and rice? Yeah that would be a burrito.

Just chicken and cheese in a tortilla should be charged as a quesadilla, or at the very least a chicken 3-pointer which are items with one meat and one other ingredient not including the shells or bowl.

IamAwake

Interesting that the price of $3.50 is just now being added. I was charged this additional amount when I ordered back March. Definitely worth a try if you can really want to. I for sure will not again. Way too big.

Christian

Can we also put an extra 3.50 on the kids meals? Those do the exact same thing to the line.

THANK YOU. Can't believe it took so long to post. I HATE FAMILIES IN CHIPOTLE. You don't need to let everyone of your kids spend 20 minutes ordering his or her own taco kit while the line sprawls outside the restaurant. For FUCKS SAKE.

Cowie

I don't really know how to qualify why I'm so upset that they keep capitalizing the T in throughput, but man that makes me angry. Your corporate bullshit is not above grammar :<

also the line is called "Tortilla"?

Ashhong

I agree, it not having a standardized price was pretty confusing. Most of the time it was free, but sometimes they wanted to charge me and I would feel frustrated since I was expecting it for free. $3.50 is kind of a lot though..

THANK YOU. Can't believe it took so long to post. I HATE FAMILIES IN CHIPOTLE. You don't need to let everyone of your kids spend 20 minutes ordering his or her own taco kit while the line sprawls outside the restaurant. For FUCKS SAKE.

What the fuck? Families shouldn't have the same privilege as every single other customer?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Yeah, no. Get over it. Everybody has the right to eat. I've seen groups of adults take just as long, if not longer.

That's not a very Christian thing to say

slit

Yes, they should ban children from Chipotle I say.

Yeah, no. Get over it. Everybody has the right to eat. I've seen groups of adults take just as long, if not longer.
I agree. But maybe the poster is implying a more efficient way of doing things. Like if you know you're bringing your family, maybe give menus prior, or have one person write everyone's order? Or at least pick up the menu in the line rather than waiting right until you get to the cook on the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom