• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christmafying Your Avatar: 2010 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Human_Shield said:
2cik6mu.gif
Thank you!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Regulus Tera said:
Request
Type of Avatar: GIF
Description: Raichu with a christmas hat? Snowing? I dunno, you're the artist here.
Would it have to be moving Raichu or some other sprite or cartoon screencap? I'm deciding whether or not I should go with Raichu for the holiday or figure out how to make Cornelius' hood red with a pom-pom!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thnikkaman said:
Would it have to be moving Raichu or some other sprite or cartoon screencap? I'm deciding whether or not I should go with Raichu for the holiday or figure out how to make Cornelius' hood red with a pom-pom!

I rather have this particular sprite. I just love his excitement.

Barrett2

Request: Tiny Santa hats on each ghost

Figure i'll ask one more time. Any way to put tiny Santa hats on my ghosts? I have no idea to do that, but would love it if someone could. Thanks!

Songbird

Prodigal Son
lawblob said:

Figure i'll ask one more time. Any way to put tiny Santa hats on my ghosts? I have no idea to do that, but would love it if someone could. Thanks!
I'll dig up some tutorials, don't wanna leave you hanging. But I guess it's as easy as loading the gif in Photoshop and dropping the hats in frame by frame? Will try a different hat for each ghost too.

Vagabundo said:
Would anyone help an old man this year?

REQUEST
TYPE
JPG
DESCRIPTION Anything your heart desires.

<------ My Penny Farthing needs some sprucing...

nfnyc6.gif

lawblob said:

2h6y1e0.gif

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Human_Shield said:
Seconds away. So how do I save two photoshop frames as an animated gif? I've been stuck for a few minutes figuring it out.

File>Save for Web & Devices=Animation settings greyed out.

lawblob said:

thhd6a.gif

Thnikkaman said:
Seconds away. So how do I save two photoshop frames as an animated gif? I've been stuck for a few minutes figuring it out.

What program are you using?

Thnikkaman said:

That's weird. I haven't had that problem. Is that the only gif that's doing that, or are they all doing it? I know I can't open animated gifs in 64-bit Photoshop, but that's the only issue I've had so far.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Human_Shield said:
That's weird. I haven't had that problem. Is that the only gif that's doing that, or are they all doing it? I know I can't open animated gifs in 64-bit Photoshop, but that's the only issue I've had so far.
My 64-bit CS5 opens the gif fine in two layers but won't save them, even if i copy and paste the completed layers into a new file. Resetting now.

Oh and it just went and gingerbreading trashed my eggnogging file. I'm out of this thread to cool off.

Request
Type of Avatar:
Animated or still, take your pick.
Description: I'd really like a Cornelius icon with a red hat or a beard or something crazy. You can even surprise me with another pic or even some pokeyman. Kinda had a plan for a Cubone with candy cane but Adobe, lol. Something completely random but funny and christmassy will also be cool.

Will repay with christmasifying of your very own!

Rawk Hawk

Used MS Paint to add a christmas sweater, but if anyone could add snow to Rawk Hawk that would be awesome. Or a better sweater (better = more tacky), that's fine too. :lol

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Damn, that time of the year already?

Either going to work on this one, or find a better avatar in general.

Hmmm. Opinions?

What a lovely idea! I'm not exactly the biggest xmas fan, but I can't resist the romantic atmosphere in these times.

Because I'm a photoshop/gimp illiterate:

Request
Type of Avatar: Image
Description: Simple Santa hat, can be quick & dirty.

Thx in advance!

kaskade

aoVYi.jpg

I just did this in gimp, first time using the program :lol . I think it turned out alright. If any of you creative gaffers want to add to it or make it better the original here is the original

0RbjF.jpg

Request: Candy cane for a horn, maybe? Maybe just make it look like he's holding one?
Type: Doesn't really matter.

It'd be nice if someone could Xmasfy my avatar, but if not, I'm cool with it.

Azure J

Request

Type of Avatar: GIF

Description: The avatar I have now with the character (Mike from StarTropics) wearing a Santa hat. Background would have either:

- A palm tree with animated lights.
- A shooting (Christmas) star
- Animated snow.

All with a nighttime look to it. I wish if I were better at this kind of stuff, but I'll wait and see what comes from this thread. Bonus points for anyone (or everyone) who tries to do all three as I could make a fun rotating set of avatars. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom