• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CinemaCon: 'Deadpool 2' Moving Forward With Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox addressed the annual convention of theater owners in Las Vegas with a look at its upcoming slate.
Deadpool 2 is moving forward with director Tim Miller and star Ryan Reynolds, Fox confirmed Thursday at Cinemacon.

As reported, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote Deadpool, are writing the script for the sequel. The original earned $757.3 million worldwide.
deadpool_2016_10.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cinemacon-deadpool-2-moving-forward-881922

kris.

Banned
throw as much money at tim miller as you can and let him go fuckin wild with this one

edit: or don't i guess

either way this makes me happy

I thought I read that they don't want to go money crazy with the sequel and lose its lower budget charm. But Reynolds and Director are getting paid for sure.

Nice, yeah they should find a happy medium. Put a little more budget into it for a couple nice fights scenes and make sure the cast is payed well, but don't go crazy overboard with it. A big part of the charm of Deadpool was its "smaller" kind of feeling.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
First scene should be Deadpool and Weasel robbing a bank with voice over narration by DP explaining that they had to go on a crime spree to fund the movie.
Well I mean they gotta get Dopinder out of jail first.

Garlador

News that surprises no one.

I'm sure everyone at Fox is still having a party over Deadpool's success.

Deadpool still on track to beat BvS in the domestic market, right?

liquidtmd

Banned
I want Deadpools first scene to be buttfucking and spanking a gimp clad guy with a Tom Rothman mask on whilst he throws money around

You want to know what having a kid will do to you? I still haven't seen Deadpool. I have it pre-ordered on Vudu, but I can only get to the theater a couple of times a year. I saw Star Wars. I'll see Civil War. Dodged a bullet with BvS. Can't wait until the VOD release.

Permanently A

News that surprises no one.

I'm sure everyone at Fox is still having a party over Deadpool's success.

Deadpool still on track to beat BvS in the domestic market, right?

Can you imagine, someone a year ago saying that an R-rated Deadpool movie would come out and domestic gross higher than Batman vs fucking Superman?

What a time to be alive.

Awesome!!! I hope they have Hugh Jackman as a cameo that would be awesome

Hope the budget isn't too massive as some superhero films really lose their human side for special effects

They should give them less money than the first and make it a key part of the movie.

I'd be on board for a massive rant from Deadpool about how they stole his goddamn money

Keep it low budget please, it enhances creativity.

First scene should be Deadpool and Weasel robbing a bank with voice over narration by DP explaining that they had to go on a crime spree to fund the movie.

Well I mean they gotta get Dopinder out of jail first.
Yes to all of this.

Please don't fall into the regular sequel trap of needing to raise the stakes and top the spectacle. Stay true to why the first one worked as well as it did.

Quick

Banned
Please don't fall into the regular sequel trap of needing to raise the stakes and top the spectacle. Stay true to why the first one worked as well as it did.

I'd expect this to be one of the first things Deadpool says in the sequel.

Then saying,

"Well, that's exactly what we're going to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom