• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cities: Skylines Modding Thread: There's a Mod for That

Unai

Proper Hardness mod has been updated and it can give detailed information on the factors influencing a buildings leveling up. Hopefully the creator can make a stand-alone version in the future.

Fantastic! It would be great if he releases a stand alone version.

spiritfox

Fine Road Heights

The modding community continues to surprise me. Thought this was something that cannot be easily changed.

Edit: The Control Building Level Up mod is also updated to district levels, so you can lock building levels per district.

The Zonable Pedestrian Paths mod has been updated with bus lanes for the 6-lane roads, but it's still a little buggy.

Fine Road Heights

The modding community continues to surprise me. Thought this was something that cannot be easily changed.

Edit: The Control Building Level Up mod is also updated to district levels, so you can lock building levels per district.

This two are going to make much easier do a recreation of my city. I finished my hand made map of it (that took me around 70 hours to make to get it as realistic as possible with all the interssections) some days ago, but I dont know if its good to uploaded know, or wait for the tunnels update that is severly needed to recrete my city.
So now im making the medieval towers of ones of the parts of my city on 3DS max.

torrestserranotest0es5i.png

spiritfox

This two are going to make much easier do a recreation of my city. I finished my hand made map of it (that took me around 70 hours to make to get it as realistic as possible with all the interssections) some days ago, but I dont know if its good to uploaded know, or wait for the tunnels update that is severly needed to recrete my city.
So now im making the medieval towers of ones of the parts of my city on 3DS max.

torrestserranotest0es5i.png

That's sweet. We definitely need more historical stuff in the game. Too many futuristic buildings.

That's sweet. We definitely need more historical stuff in the game. Too many futuristic buildings.

Thanks, im making non realistic builgings for a game, bu I have found that going realistic is another type of work (easier with some things, more difficult with others). Hope I can get it to work well on cities skylines (im reading the tutorials but I hope I can do it with no problems).
And yep, would love to have some low residential buildings and shops that look like buildings you find in the medieval parts of towns of european cities.
Historical stuff is needed in the game, I suppose no much people will be interested in this towers as its not a really famous recreation (doing it more for when I do the whole city on skylines), but I was thinking while watching a 7 wonders documentary, of recreating them to make the 7 old wonders as monuments for the game.

spiritfox

Thanks, im making non realistic builgings for a game, bu I have found that going realistic is another type of work (easier with some things, more difficult with others). Hope I can get it to work well on cities skylines (im reading the tutorials but I hope I can do it with no problems).
And yep, would love to have some low residential buildings and shops that look like buildings you find in the medieval parts of towns of european cities.
Historical stuff is needed in the game, I suppose no much people will be interested in this towers as its not a really famous recreation (doing it more for when I do the whole city on skylines), but I was thinking while watching a 7 wonders documentary, of recreating them to make the 7 old wonders as monuments for the game.

I think it's generic enough that you can pass it off as a gate for any castle town or old ruin. The 7 ancient wonders would be great too. Hopefully someone can make water interact with buildings so we can make a proper Hanging Gardens.

Okay, I got it down to like 300, going to go back and try and cut some more, but now when I start a new game, I get this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]

Details:
No details
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at NetManager.SimulationStepImpl (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManagerBase`2[Manager,Properties].SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NetManager.ISimulationManager.SimulationStep (Int32 subStep) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationStep () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at SimulationManager.SimulationThread () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any idea what that might be?

Jintor

I recommend not using the fire spread just yet, the way firetruck agents work isn't really compatible (it's like with hearses except now dead bodies cause more dead bodies)

also i hope someone really does mod in a zombie plague disaster

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
More Trees Mod; Edit: Already posted.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413502249
Allows more trees.
I have not tested this one, but apparently the limit was arbitrary? Maybe it was to prevent performance issues? Anyway, some issues reported on this one. Modder is quite active.

Service vehicle optimization mod;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413847191
Attempts to stop AI pathing across the city, for example, when a closer cemetery is available.
Some users report issues with performance with this one, the modder is quite active though, and to tackle this one at all indicates he is probably quite skilled. May want to wait a bit, or help him test it! :)

Image Overlay Mod;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413748580&searchtext=
Can display an overlay on the terrain so you can plan out your city ahead of time.
For your urban planners wanting to take it to the next level.

Power Re-balancing Mod;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413301010&searchtext=
Re-balances all power generating facilities to closer match real life places.
Still early, and will likely be adjusted a few times before settling.

DEO3

Okay, I got it down to like 300, going to go back and try and cut some more, but now when I start a new game, I get this error:

Any idea what that might be?

I was getting that when I was running both the New Game Plus and Traffic ++ mods together, disabling NG+ seemed to fix it.

Gr8one

Service vehicle optimization mod;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413847191
Attempts to stop AI pathing across the city, for example, when a closer cemetery is available.
Some users report issues with performance with this one, the modder is quite active though, and to tackle this one at all indicates he is probably quite skilled. May want to wait a bit, or help him test it! :)

This mod is huge, especially for big cities, if he can get the performance bugs out. I abandoned my 300k city as I was going broke trying to fight off the deathwaves and industrial fires.

are workshop assets working on mac for anyone?

Not sure if is the exact issue you're dealing with, but there are a few bug reports threads on the paradox forum about assets not appearing in game for mac users. Here;s 2, there's a few more on there, so i'm sure CO is working on a fix.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Certain-assets-are-not-displayed-in-the-game

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...scribed-on-Steam-Workshop-not-showing-in-game

I've only had a dabble in the game last night but I can't wait to spend all weekend on this bad boy, more so after seeing these amazing mods, don't suppose there is any news of a day and night cycle or maybe dynamic weather? cheers guys!

spiritfox

I've only had a dabble in the game last night but I can't wait to spend all weekend on this bad boy, more so after seeing these amazing mods, don't suppose there is any news of a day and night cycle or maybe dynamic weather? cheers guys!

There is a rudimentary day-night cycle mod out, but it's still in the early stages. Probably have to wait a while for that and dynamic weather, but either CO or modders will get to it.

I can imagine someday there being a zombie outbreak mod where you manage things from the city builder view but fight zombies on the ground in first person.

I think something like that if done well could be sold as a $20 expansion.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
There is a rudimentary day-night cycle mod out, but it's still in the early stages. Probably have to wait a while for that and dynamic weather, but either CO or modders will get to it.
I'm hoping CO does it officially. But I'll take anything that has window lights at night and makes it look realistic. And I'd rather have seasons than weather. It doesn't even need to put snow on the buildings, just do what SNES SimCity did and make the ground white in winter, brownish in fall, bright green in spring and normal in summer. And all the trees could have alternative fall/winter leafless versions which would just be a texture swap if not model swap.

I'm also looking forward to them adding in the ability to mod in vehicles. I want some Beatles and DeLoreans and other cool cars. Many more variations. Different trains and bus styles. Airplanes. Boats. A vehicle mod API will be amazing. Especially since all those things will just start appearing in time as there's always new ones entering the town. (Of course people who already own cars would keep their own)

Megasoum

Banned
Reposting here from the OT

Anybody knows if there's a mod that will hide all the buildings when you enter the zoning mode?

Sometimes it gets really difficult to see the zoning because all the skyscrapers hide the grid.

Gr8one

Just wanted to share some of the amazing buildings the community has released in the last few days. Hopefully this isn't too image heavy, if so I apologize.

Ngon released a really great looking recycling centre today.

Aeon made this for those of us that want to recreate Cape Canaveral

Also check out these gorgeous skyscrappers.

Also a modder named axel.kielbooms has uploaded about 50 dutch/beligium themed tenements, offices, and stores.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038883961/myworkshopfiles/?appid=255710

Gr8one

Improved Assets Panel just got released. Right now it can sort assets alphabetically, by date subscribed, or by date last updated. I asked him about other options and he's hoping to include sorting by asset type and author in a later release. Along with his mod panel improvement this makes me a very happy guy.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417430545

Does the Recycling Center actually work?

And does the space shuttle actually take off?

The recycling center works, i believe its stats are somewhat similar to an incinerator with less of a polution footprint but higher noise. Unfortunately at present time no custom assets have animations, hopefully CO provides futher help for modders with that in the future because omg the space shuttle launching and watching sims ride rollercoasters would be amazinggg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The recycling center works, i believe its stats are somewhat similar to an incinerator with less of a polution footprint but higher noise. Unfortunately at present time no custom assets have animations, hopefully CO provides futher help for modders with that in the future because omg the space shuttle launching and watching sims ride rollercoasters would be amazinggg
And sports fields and stadiums could have games actually being played. Would be even better if they could only animate on certain days.

Having a shuttle launch every few months would be neat.

Some of this stuff should be incorporated into the main game, or at least get help directly from CO themselves.

Gr8one

And sports fields and stadiums could have games actually being played. Would be even better if they could only animate on certain days.

Having a shuttle launch every few months would be neat.

Some of this stuff should be incorporated into the main game, or at least get help directly from CO themselves.

I hope it will in the future. There was a thread on reddit that showed the basketball court from the deluxe edition has cims playing it in, so it's definitely possible.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I hope it will in the future. There was a thread on reddit that showed the basketball court from the deluxe edition has cims playing it in, so it's definitely possible.
Well yeah, it probably has a special animation file associated with it. Hopefully the devs allow people to create and import their own animation definition files.

spiritfox

Here are 2 interesting "buildings" that will help you in making a more realistic city:

Ultimate Area Fillers

Area fillers that you can plop to texture an area with the appropriate texture, like corn fields or concrete. It's a great way to fill otherwise empty areas or create farm fields that look realistic, but it can be a bit troublesome to work with.

Modular Football Stadium

A large modular stadium that gets around the lot size limit by breaking it into separate parts. It currently only has a football (soccer for you Americans) field, but the creator will be making more fields.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is there a mod for forcing objects outside of a grid to lock into a grid, like say, a pipe?

dejay

Banned
Two new cool mods - I've been wanting both of these:

Moving Sun - simulates a day/night cycle, only without the night bit. Also always manual placement of the sun and has some sliders to change some other light properties.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420230361

One-Way Street Arrows - shows green arrows floating over your one way streets to see them at a glance
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=420500168

(edit - arrows are pointing the wrong way on my left hand drive map so it needs some work)

Top Bottom