• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cliffy B departs Epic - Takes break from industry - GAF writes disturbing fan fiction

Can't blame him after how badly Gears of War 3 ended up doing. The sales were good, but the online community completely bailed when MW3 came out and never came back. They really blew it with Gears 2. Gears 3 and it's sawed-off shotgun really didn't sway anyone back.

DocSeuss

I had hoped that Fortnite would usher in a future where Cliffy returned to PC-exclusives like Unreal. His discussions about a new design philosophy where an emphasis was placed on player freedom had me HYPED at the possibilities

and...

this.

I don't know how to react.

Ein Bear

Wow, this is really shocking news, figured he'd be at Epic forever.

Best of luck to him... just please don't go make iOS games.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good for him, I hope he finds success wherever he goes. Something needs to shake Epic up, hopefully this is it.

Cliff's been a constant participant here on NeoGAF, hopefully he continues that.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
zSIRh.jpg

I lost it. Glad I'm not at work anymore. :)

I cant see him joining another studio as a lead. He is a bit big to just move to another studio but still doing the same job. He probably wants to do something new and fresh.

He is going to start another studio that's ether a small independent mobile thing or a giant mega studio backed by Microsoft. Maybe MS buy out the gears IP from epic and start a internal gears studio 343 style.

If he wanted to consult with Japanese developers while he thinks about his next big move that would be cool as well. Capcom could use all the help they can get.

That's crazy. I was really hoping for a return to Unreal after his recent AMA on reddit. Figured the guy would be there for all eternity. I want to see him on the Wii U now.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I expect that he'll have a no-compete clause in his contract that'll ensure that he doesn't officially announce his next gig for some time.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
You can tell me I was right when you see the Wii-U title... Nintendo just stole a big one

(im sticking to this one)...

Probably an iOS game developer now..

Wow this is surprising. Best of luck to Cliff, as much as I never cared for the Gears of War series he's been one of my favorite gaming personalities for years.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Who is going to make thick necked dude bro shooters now?

jk

Still waiting a a followup to this gens best Epic game, Unreal Tournament 3.

Top Bottom