• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintendo: European Discussion

Sendou

Oh shit is there any good tactics to remove these stickers I already detroyed one code (so that means I have one left)

Any sign of the US/Jap multi-game 3DS game case on the EU store? Or any info about it coming to the store?

No :(.

I did ask them about this once and they said that they were as clueless about what they were going to get sent to them as we are :/. I suppose NCL just shoves a load of crap includes the awesome free stuff!!! in a shipment that they are sending to Yurop anyway.

I have 10K points burning a hole in my pocket account so hope they do put them up and soon!

Stickers? They are scratch cards lol.
There is a peel-off bit which I think in theory you can peel but given every story I hear about involves tremendous force and usually it getting ripped, its easier to get out a coin...

I remember the days when it was nothing and the GAME employee had used it/it got shoplifted (NOE Codestorms response was: deal with the retailer). Fun times.

It sucks that you get the same amount of points for the regular and special editions of a game, special ed. should be worth at least 50 more points.

BowieZ

Banned
Any news about the "Special 3DS" winners?
I'm starting to think nobody actually has one yet. Apart from the post in this thread, there is absolutely no trace of them publicly anywhere on the 'nets.

Maybe that poster can come back with more pics or proof :p

Chopper

I'm starting to think nobody actually has one yet. Apart from the post in this thread, there is absolutely no trace of them publicly anywhere on the 'nets.

Maybe that poster can come back with more pics or proof :p

The one Gaffer who won is in the US. I don't think they've drawn the winners here yet. Someone would have heard.

BowieZ

Banned
The one Gaffer who won is in the US. I don't think they've drawn the winners here yet. Someone would have heard.
I did a teeny bit of snooping and he clearly is a Japanese orientated Gaffer so it's not unlikely he's received it legit but its so odd there's no other evidence of the winner draw.

But yeah he did post a photo but there's a small but reasonable chance it's faked :p

Chopper

I did a teeny bit of snooping and he clearly is a Japanese orientated Gaffer so it's not unlikely he's received it legit but its so odd there's no other evidence of the winner draw.

But yeah he did post a photo but there's a small but reasonable chance it's faked :p

Oh, of course he's J-Gaf. I forgot the US never got this competition. But I don't think there's any reason to doubt his win. A few websites published pictures of those DS's "out in the wild" around the same time he posted his prize.

I just hope there is evidence of a European draw soon.

Oxx

Usually the done thing would be to harass the company on Twitter, but last I checked the Nintendo Europe Twitter account was just tweeting out PR and release dates.

Has anyone got the Hanafuda cards? I only popped on today and saw them for the first time, so after checking a few impressions out (via Google) from people that did have them, I thought I'd spend my star points on them. They've been burning a hole in my account for ages.

I think the retro-styled Mario art on them looks lovely. And they look like they could become a collectors item.

Will they ever get rid of the Stars Bonus section given its been nearly 8 months since a game was on there, but in case they ever do:
You have recently received a Stars Bonus for:
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks 50, 14/12/2009
Rhythm Paradise 50, 01/05/2009
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 50, 27/06/2008
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon 50, 17/12/2008
Xenoblade Chronicles 50, 19/08/2011
Says all about what happened to my day 1 habits.

Damn, missed out. I only need another 1100 for my statue. :(
Any idea how much time you have left. That is when will the goal get further away from stars expiring...

Has anyone got the Hanafuda cards? I only popped on today and saw them for the first time, so after checking a few impressions out (via Google) from people that did have them, I thought I'd spend my star points on them. They've been burning a hole in my account for ages.

I think the retro-styled Mario art on them looks lovely. And they look like they could become a collectors item.
I have them not opened them yet but compared to the US price (800 coins, same as Game & watch collection) they are good value (I've not inspected the Japanese price so its probably NOA being dumb more than anything).

Apparently the numbered card (plain with number on it) is something all Nintendo produced decks have these days.

Murkas

What have I done...

Byn9S.jpg

Congratulations...tell us what # you have (if you like) as I swear they said it was limited to three thousand and something yet units numbered above 1000 have yet to be seen
I could have bought it in 2007, sometimes I stay awake at night and wonder if I would be more enlightened with that or the two game racks, notebook and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror I got for a similar number of stars

Murkas

Congratulations...tell us what # you have (if you like) as I swear they said it was limited to three thousand and something yet units numbered above 1000 have yet to be seen
I could have bought it in 2007, sometimes I stay awake at night and wonder if I would be more enlightened with that or the two game racks, notebook and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror I got for a similar number of stars

Will do, will provide pics as well.

Was the statue released in 2007? I could've sworn at that time it was just a regular Link statue with no Epona for like 10000 stars.

Jackano

What have I done...

Byn9S.jpg

I'm currently aiming at that too, checking ebay for DS Lite hardwares codes :)
I think I may be able to get it when the Wii U launch at the very least, if stars don't expires until then and if there is still some in stock. I'm not into the statues things in fact, but it could be nice in my new appartment.
Enjoy your item, it's a very nice object, valuable over the years!

Okay... So did anyone else receive a notification saying they'd won that 3DS competition? Just thought I'd check in case it's spam mail or something..

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I have finally got enough points for the Zelda statue and guess what?
It's not there!

I just hope it reappears before my points expire.. or I spend them on other stuff.

The Zelda statue has vanished before. I guess as a precaution it vanishes as soon as somebody buys it in case people are buying it due to site glitch. Weirdest thing is its not the most expensive item to ever grace the catalogue (that award goes to the Gratia Origin Forme DS which was 30,000 stars...and someone somehow bought it).

Anyways theres a new "how to get stars" menu in the Club Nintendo main page. It leads to:
customerwhatnow.jpg

Ignore customer service, I'm too lazy to take another screen
Brilliant web design NOE, brilliant.

Peagles

I'm in New Zealand and thinking of making a UK Club Nintendo account (I have tons of codes from imports). Is it worth it?

I'm in New Zealand and thinking of making a UK Club Nintendo account (I have tons of codes from imports). Is it worth it?

I doubt they would ship anything to you but you could always email them to ask. If they would then it all depends on if there is anything in the Star Catalogue that interests you really. What is in there at the moment has pretty much been what has been in there for months; there is rarely any great turnover of items. The KI AR cards are new though of course.

There is the facility to turn your account stars into Nintendo Points to use on your Wii or DSi though. The conversion rate is not great however. IIRC it takes 4000 coins to get 1000 Points.

The other option of course is to give codes to deserving chaps on here ;).

Murkas

So the thing arrived (much faster then 8 weeks!) and here are the pics I promised:

The box itself:

K6Z2i.jpg

The insides:

fjlxp.jpg

Pic 1:

nvATG.jpg

Pic 2:

ntbFb.jpg

Size reference:

CR9zz.jpg

For StarwolfUK:

vJs3Z.jpg

The thing is much bigger, heavier and sturdier then what I expected. It's very well made figure and a must have item for the Zelda/Nintendo collector. Much better than what I thought it would be.

Top Bottom