• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Was Previous Discussion on Woke Values Closed?

Sequels are rarely better than the original.
p13308_v_h9_ai.jpg

Forth

You just need to look through all of the bullshit and recognise that all of these companies are interested in is making money.
They will sway all of their views to whatever seems trendy in the hope of making money but within the confines of the law no matter if it's ethically right or wrong.
Insomniac will remove whatever is offensive to a country if it means being able to sell their game there just as Apple will open the privacy of their phone in China.
Buy the product only if you want you.

S0ULZB0URNE

Actually OP has a fair point here, I didnt notice anything bad about that thread either. Weird that it was closed, even if a bit exaggerated, but there are a ton of other topics exagerating things in the industry and arent getting shut down.
True or false...
This isn't the place for it though.

MiguelItUp

I love that OP was like, "Welp, that's odd. BETTER MAKE ANOTHER ONE!"

I'm somehow always late to the gold parties, lol.

The gold to me:
Where Are You Hello GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Celcius

°Temp. member
Posting some golden bait to see if this works:

126547_grande.jpg

waits in nearby bushes for gaf gold gifter to appear

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Because you don't own this website, only one person does and he gets to decide the rules. Neogaf is not a public property, utility or service run by the state or federal government.

This is discrimination! Boycott Nexus Mods NeoGAF!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
This thread has quite the twisting narrative Arc.

From woke to censorship to rebellion to discipline to gold to penises. See, OP?These are the things you hate paying back in ways you wouldn't initially expect! All That positive energy you put forward literally gilded the discussion that followed. I say second time is the one that's a charm. RIP in peace tu fui ego aerith and such

I mean, it is kind of a problem, you can't really talk about modern gaming without mentioning the elephant in the room as it's increasingly becoming for companies like Microsoft and Sony an outlet for propaganda, not your fun or entertainment.

Also I LOVE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

Why was the thread closed? Why is this forbidden to be discussed at Neogaf?

Using some critical thinking skills would have been a better option than making a new thread to complain about moderation. When it comes to "wokeness," part of disliking that particular brand of holier than thou moral hall monitors is wanting to be free to just talk about games again, and we ironically can't do that when everyone is making threads to complain about woke people.

If you've been paying attention, discussing this isn't forbidden at GAF, but creating endless threads complaining about it is. That's why your thread was immediately closed, while the Insomniac thread has been open for over a week now. Because that is actual news and a conversation about that news, while your thread doesn't really offer anything new.

As someone who has been on GAF for a while now, I think the mods here do a good job of allowing conversation about all of this, but at the same time not letting it monopolize the entire forum.

Toons

That other thread was.... yikes.

And there were folks actually agreeing with him lmfao

This generation is fubar

Top Bottom