• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clubhouse Games Official Euro Thread (dump friend codes here)

Bo130

Koren said:
Not many players online, though.

The main problem with worldwide in this, esp. in the beginning, is that in other games, you find opponents first, and then later you choose what to play. In here you choose among 37 games (!), and then hope for people to be online. It's going to be much harder to find someone online on worldwide here, I'd say.

Ninja Dom

A very nice Nintendo WFC title this is.

Up to 8 players Online (dependent on the game). The most I've played in is a 5 player Texas Hold Em with nobody disconnecting (I came last).

Also if anybody does disconnect then that player is instantly replaced by a CPU opponent.

Online Rankings for every game is a very nice touch and we can expect these tables to fill up.

Darts already has over 1200 players in the rankings.

B'z-chan

Banned
Oh yeah oh yeah gonna have to play this like crazy.

It would have been cool of nintendo to have email chess or something similar so when people want to play games like that they could.

Vard

So can anyone confirm the online Pictochat is for real? How many players maximum (8 I'm assuming/hoping)?

Maybe even posting some pics of the Pictochat format/style would be nice. :)

Roelatie

Vard said:
So can anyone confirm the online Pictochat is for real? How many players maximum (8 I'm assuming/hoping)?

42ATC_00_chatbig.JPG

Ninja Dom

Vard said:

Online Pictochat is for real, (FRIENDS ONLY).

Pre-determined messages can be sent to non-Friends when playing a Worldwide game.

Online games are up to 8-Player depending on the type of game...eg Chess is just 2-player online seeing as it's only a 2 player game in the first place.

Danj

I never seem to find any friends online when I tell the DS to search for friend rooms :(

Still, the worldwide online works okay. I suck at darts and bowling though, anyone got any tips for those?

Ninja Dom

Danj said:
Still, the worldwide online works okay. I suck at darts and bowling though, anyone got any tips for those?

It's just a case of vertical strokes with the stylus. You have to make sure its in a straight line as the stylus leaves the screen. I guess your hand is curving the stylus as it leaves the screen resulting in poor throw.

To improve at Darts start a game against the CPU and choose Standard Cricket. The only parts on the board that count are 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and the Inner/Outer Bulls Eye. So the game forces you to hit those marks. To start scoring points you have to actually hit these areas three times or score the double / triple rings. So as you'd imagine the game draws out pretty long. And not to worry... on easy mode, the CPU AI isn't gonna hammer you at the game so you'll get ample opportunity to test different things out.

What works for me mightn't work for someone else and vice versa but I'll give you an example of how I've developed my method: I soon figured out for example that a good way of getting the 18 was aiming the arrow a little right of center, and not lifting the stylus until I reached near the top of the touch screen. Getting a bull is a measured movement down the center. I get 15s by throwing curved from the left hand side of the screen. I've found a sense of method to the game, which I initially thought was kinda gimicky and silly.

As for Bowling -- I actually tilt the DS a little to the right while I play. Similar to the way I tilt paper on a desk when I want to write on it accurately. I can draw straight lines better this way and I never bowl gutter balls. I'm still getting beaten by people who are unaccountably good at the game but I'm still having a lot of fun :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
radioheadrule83 said:
To improve at Darts start a game against the CPU and choose Standard Cricket. The only parts on the board that count are 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and the Inner/Outer Bulls Eye. So the game forces you to hit those marks. To start scoring points you have to actually hit these areas three times or score the double / triple rings. So as you'd imagine the game draws out pretty long. And not to worry... on easy mode, the CPU AI isn't gonna hammer you at the game so you'll get ample opportunity to test different things out.

What works for me mightn't work for someone else and vice versa but I'll give you an example of how I've developed my method: I soon figured out for example that a good way of getting the 18 was aiming the arrow a little right of center, and not lifting the stylus until I reached near the top of the touch screen. Getting a bull is a measured movement down the center. I get 15s by throwing curved from the left hand side of the screen. I've found a sense of method to the game, which I initially thought was kinda gimicky and silly.

As for Bowling -- I actually tilt the DS a little to the right while I play. Similar to the way I tilt paper on a desk when I want to write on it accurately. I can draw straight lines better this way and I never bowl gutter balls. I'm still getting beaten by people who are unaccountably good at the game but I'm still having a lot of fun :D

Those people probably use the ruler trick :(

ksamedi

Hey, just got the game, and its damn fun. I added lots of people from this topic, heres my code, please do add me and welle play president :p

3050 2213 6467

dyls

sp0rsk said:
Those people probably use the ruler trick :(

sp0rsk, I hate to keep asking, but would mind changing the thread title please? (remove voice chat bit, add friend code mention) Thanks.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anybody still playing some of the games?

I am looking forward to play some Hanufuda (Koi-Koi) :)
Or Chess or Poker or Darts or Bowling or Hearts and so on :D

Friend Code
2320 0803 4366

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Tuesday needs to hurry up and get here.

I want to play some games of checkers / chess online :D

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I am really not playing that bad chess... but I lost in 19 moves T.T
Kind of depressing... hope not all there are playing that good.
I will give it another try later... in ... 3-4 ...months...
*depressed*

I lost in 5 moves or so vs a girl...

And I played chess on tourneys early in school. Not anymore since then. heh. Second game was closer.

I'm gonna add the missing FCs and see if I can play later today.

maxmars

Added everyone's friend code up to this message.

Online I mostly play chess (I'm a rather mediocre player so come and reap your victory! :D ) and Texas Hold'em (just because it's fun).

Bo130

I like playing Sevens alot. I'm #4 now, and get matched up with #1 and #2 'randomly' all the time online. Great fun :D

I just tried WFC for the first time and actually had a very nice game of chess with a random player. Time to add some GAF friend codes.

Here's mine:
2663 6819 9977

NSider

The Eatable Arab said:
Should I buy this or Mario VS Donkey Kong 2?
Depends. Did you try the original Mario vs DK? Did you like it?

2 very different games though. I'd recommend both, with Clubhouse Games coming first.

arab

NSider said:
Depends. Did you try the original Mario vs DK? Did you like it?

2 very different games though. I'd recommend both, with Clubhouse Games coming first.

I loved Mario VS Donkey Kong, but this is more in the vein of Lemmings, which I also like.

But 42 games, most of which I love, and has WiFi and online pictochat, it's a tough decision

demi

How does the WFC system work, just a friend code and bam? I will add this to my WFC page if anyone wants to use it.

Might as well while I am setting up Pokemon (cvxfreak's request)

EBCubs03

Banned
Texas Hold Em on this game blows so much... The game ends after 20 turns, so if the leader is up by like 50 chips with 2 or 3 players left after 15 rounds, he can just fold the entire game and win. Retarded imo

EBCubs03 said:
Texas Hold Em on this game blows so much... The game ends after 20 turns, so if the leader is up by like 50 chips with 2 or 3 players left after 15 rounds, he can just fold the entire game and win. Retarded imo
Dammit I knew Nitnendo was going to bork one of the games in some fashion. It sounds like the mini-game version in NSMB. I won't let this rain on my parade, I'm still getting it.

Ninja Dom

EBCubs03 said:

I noticed that with most of the card games in 2-player with a friend.

Once you're "up" enough just keep folding on the last few turns. That's why in Multiplayer we always bring in CPU opponents to add to things.

But, what other way could Nintendo have done it???

Also here is a Friend Code for TOMA to go in the first post.

2320 0803 4366

Ninja Dom said:
But, what other way could Nintendo have done it???
Perhaps Nintendo could have made it more like Yahoo where people can join and drop out of games in progress, keep your earnings across games, and not put a limit on the amount of hands. With people dropping in and out of the game one person can't just fold the rest of the remaining hands and win the game.

That or make the game end when all the participants playing have no money left. This way a person has to continue playing.

Bo130

Damn, sorry. I found another person with an open room and 5 players. I'll visit you, if you're there, when I'm done :)

Top Bottom