• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN amends GOP debate criteria, possibly opening the door for Carly Fiorina to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

According to a POLITICO calculation, in the three polls conducted since the first debate on Aug. 6, Fiorina is in seventh place, with an average of 5 percent.

CNN says they expect just two additional national polls will be released between now and the Sept. 10 deadline, making it difficult for Fiorina to fall out of the additional, post-debate top 10. (If Fiorina was at only 2 percent in the two forthcoming polls, she would still be in ninth place in this subsequent average.)
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/cnn-changes-debate-criteria-clearing-path-for-fiorina-213237

Oh come on. FDR and Clinton both get Reagan style treatment.

Hmmm ... I was gonna reflexively disagree with Clinton, but a lot of people give him credit for things like a surplus that helped cause a recession. There's some revisionist history when people think of him. I don't think it's a perfect comparison though as it's a virtual sin to say negative of Reagan where liberals openly criticize Clinton, especially on his tough on crime positions.

Just create a mix tape of Jon Stewart's Lindsay Graham impression and play it. You win by default.

Well I do declare!

Hmmm ... I was gonna reflexively disagree with Clinton, but a lot of people give him credit for things like a surplus that helped cause a recession. There's some revisionist history when people think of him. I don't think it's a perfect comparison though as it's a virtual sin to say negative of Reagan where liberals openly criticize Clinton, especially on his tough on crime positions.

Well I do declare!

Most people credit Greenspan for the Clinton era economic growth.

Most people credit Greenspan for the Clinton era economic growth.

I see this image far too often. Which is upsetting for multiple reasons, including highlighting how politicized deficit spending and debt has become.

meet-john-mccain.jpg

Kusagari

Carly has been in the top 10 of basically every poll since the first debate.

It would be stupid to keep her out.

I see this image far too often. Which is upsetting for multiple reasons, including highlighting how politicized deficit spending and debt has become.

meet-john-mccain.jpg

Political cartoons have gotten so stupid over the years.

But yeah that's just empty historical revisionism meant to appeal to people who don't know any better. People who know anything about politics or were alive in the 90's know Greenspan and his "puts".

Square2015

no other President gets Reagan style treatment, not even Washington, not even Lincoln, not even FDR

Reagan has risen to mythological God status
Kennedy has had god status for over fifty years (he's even on our half dollar).
FDR is pretty much untouched to this day, a generation or more spent their entire lives blindly voting Democrat just because it was FDR's party believing he saved them from the Great Depression, it goes on to this day (among the ones still living from that era).

But yeah that's just empty historical revisionism meant to appeal to people who don't know any better.

Which would make the comparison to Reagan kinda accurate! Clinton's revisionism isn't anywhere near Reagan though and plenty of people criticize. Criticizing Reagan is a sin on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom