• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN GOP debate line-up revealed, includes Carly Fiorina in main event

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I don't know, but only one of us thinks Obamacare was worse than slavery.

But I agree, even the "he's just a normal guy" argument doesn't work because he's not a normal guy. He's a delusional brain surgeon who also happens to know less about politics than randos on NeoGAF.

Yeah, he holds some bizarre views and is an inexperienced politician. Far from a "straight up idiot", though.

4Tran

wXjWaPa.gif
Witness the guy other than Trump who's most likely to get the nomination. It would have been Walker or Jeb! but they turned out to be terrible campaigners.

Trump needs to brush up on his foreign policy. That's his biggest flaw as a candidate. If I were his aides I'd be forcing him to study day and night. Then he'd tell me to sit down and shut up.
Why? Foreign policy knowledge is barely important in the general election, and it's pretty much irrelevant in the nomination race. Remember the people voting in the primary are folks who thought that Palin would make a good VP, and her incompetence in foreign relations make Trump look like Talleyrand. All Trump (or any other candidate) has to remember is that China = bad, Russia = bad, Iran = bad, ISIS = bad, Syria = bad, and illegal immigration = bad.

NH Apache

Banned
Fiorina killed the kids debate, hopefully she does well in the major leagues. Also, get Huckabee the fuck out of there.

Moofers

Is there a place to stream this, or is it cable tv only?

Feels like this should be as widely available to everyone as possible.

DuffDry

Is there a place to stream this, or is it cable tv only?

Feels like this should be as widely available to everyone as possible.

Unlike Fox News, CNN is streaming it online for free.

And I agree. Putting presidential debates, even the primaries, behind a paywall is disgusting to me.

CNN is doing it wrong. You want Christie and Paul as close together as possible. It's hard to lob jabs when you're 50 yards apart.

rjinaz

Unlike Fox News, CNN is streaming it online for free.

And I agree. Putting presidential debates, even the primaries, behind a paywall is disgusting to me.

Yeah honestly it's kind of hard to fathom. You would think Fox News would want as many people as possible to see the candidates so they get out and vote. Or maybe their thinking is they would rather weed out the most fringe candidates before the "politically uneducated" voters got their first taste of what the republicans have to offer.

CNN will probably have a mix of awful "he said/she said" questions and legitimate foreign policy questions.

I feel like if Trump can get busted on not knowing his foreign policy shit, then he can finally risk a decline. Unless Ben Carson steals the spotlight and continues his rise, though for some reason I doubt that very much.

I'm counting on Fiorina coming for blood. This will be glorious.

HylianTom

Banned
CNN is doing it wrong. You want Christie and Paul as close together as possible. It's hard to lob jabs when you're 50 yards apart.
Paul says he's going all-out in attacking Trump tonight. He actually told Wolf Blitzer that Trump would see the worst GOP defeat since 1964, and he hinted during another interview that he might not keep his word on the loyalty oath if Trump is the nominee.

Those commercials for the debate, smh. Going full-on Gladiator-style.

There goes any hope of having a decent debate where legitimate issues are raised and people see how shit the candidates are when talking about actual issues. It's just gonna be another spectacle where whoever acts the stupidest and loudest wins.

Is there going to be an OT for the debate? The last one was great. Should have a lot of material to work with this time. I mean they're debating in front of Reagan's Air Force One lol.

150915104617-reagan-library-2015-debate-stage-exlarge-169.jpg

rjinaz

Already? It's not for like 4/5 hours

So 2 hours for the pre-show kerfuffle and 3 hours for the main brouhaha? That seems especially long.

The main starts in 3.5 hours at this point. But yeah, kiddy show starts in 1.5 hours and I would guess all the candidates will be watching at the debate.

Seems like the establishment in the GOP is trying to beef up Carson because he is easier to control and can still get the "outsider" vote.

Yep. Honestly, things are probably going to peter out early, unless they've got hard balls paced out to maintain audience interest.

CNN needs the ratings and ad revenue, lulz.

Moofers

Yeah I second the request for an OT! Last one was tits-awesome!

I am betting the main debate will be 2 hours max. Those fuckers won't stand up there for 3 hours, they'll barely make it 2.

I am betting the main debate will be 2 hours max. Those fuckers won't stand up there for 3 hours, they'll barely make it 2.

It's going to be like a job interview that isn't going so well.

*silence*

*moderators looking at each other for one of them to speak*

"So... do you have any questions for us?"

Did CNN turn into ESPN all of a sudden? This shit feels like NFL Draft Day. I think someone even just said 2 hours 'til game time.

I mean the last debate got 24 million views. Outside of major sporting events like the Super Bowl, that's probably the largest TV audience you'll get these days. So yeah, these are going to be like sporting events now.

'Murica

Moofers

I mean the last debate got 24 million views. Outside of major sporting events like the Super Bowl, that's probably the largest TV audience you'll get these days. So yeah, these are going to be like sporting events now.

'Murica

Only a matter of time before weapons are tossed onto the ground and the candidates scramble to pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom