• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-CNN GOP debate poll: Fiorina surges to 2nd place, Furby falls 8% points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which disaster was that?

The census mid-terms where Democrats lost the house majority and haven't been able to accomplish anything substantive legislatively ever since.

On the local level it was even more of a disaster in NC. They controlled the governorship as well as the legislature for the first time in over a century and have gone to work enacting the regressive agenda of the GOP. Gerrymandering, gutting education funding, reducing the ease of voting, going after university programs they don't like, removing climate change considerations for insurance and construction permits, passing legislation to outlaw protest near the state legislature building, attempting to enshrine Christianity as the state religion, etc.

North Carolina was starting to turn too until the 2010 disaster. It hit NC harder than any other state. It's going to take a long time to recover.

NC is not a purple state.

It went for Obama in 2008 because of increased African American voter turnout.

Any effort spent here by the eventual Democratic nominee there would be better spent in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Colorado and Nevada.

The Llama

NC is not a purple state.

It went for Obama in 2008 because of increased African American voter turnout.

Any effort spent here by the eventual Democratic nominee there would be better spent in Ohio, Virginia, Florida, Colorado and Nevada.

Agreed, especially Virginia and Florida. Dem's have a chance at NC given the possible GOP candidates, but I wouldn't waste a ton of money there when it could be more useful in other states.

OuterLimits

Trump is quite active on Twitter today. He is attacking everyone ignoring NBC and Zogby polls which show him with much bigger leads. He attacked the Today show for using the CNN poll and not their own poll. He is attacking Obama and Clinton of course. He is going after Jeb and Fiorina as well. He is trying to court evangelicals also it seems. Busy day for Trump.

Walker's rise and fall was, to me, the most predictable part of this election season. The single paragraph description of him sounds really good (if you're a Republican) and he does quite well in speeches and other settings where he can simply stay on script, so it was practically inevitable that he would get favorable early coverage and rise up in the polls to the point where he would be seen among the front runners.

Just as surely, once he got to the point where he had to speak unscripted, he'd reveal what a lightweight he is and sink like a stone. It's not just a lack of knowledge on policy, but also a complete inability to do anything but say whatever nonsense comes to his mind whenever he can't just recite talking points. Skilled politicians at the national stage are able to, if nothing else, project a desired image of themselves, be it "someone you can relate to" or "strong leader" or whatever they want to be in the minds of voters. Walker's never needed that skill, partly because of the nature of local/state elections, and partly because he's always faced off against weak opponents in favorable conditions.

Hexa

This is a recent article from the guy that Trump referenced in the debate when talking about how horrible Fiorina is:

Here are the facts: In the five years that Fiorina was at Hewlett-Packard, the company lost over half its value. It’s true that many tech companies had trouble during this period of the Internet bubble collapse, some falling in value as much as 27 percent; but HP under Fiorina fell 55 percent. During those years, stocks in companies like Apple and Dell rose. Google went public, and Facebook was launched. The S&P 500 yardstick on major U.S. firms showed only a 7 percent drop. Plenty good was happening in U.S. industry and in technology.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/carly-fiorina-ceo-jeffrey-sonnenfeld-2016-213163

What he gets wrong though is that she should get another chance. HP was her second chance. She also wrecked Lucent:

Dig under the surface, however, and the story grows more complicated and less flattering. The Lucent that Fiorina walked away from, taking with her $65 million in performance-linked pay, was not at all what it appeared. Nor were several of her division’s biggest sales, including the giant PathNet deal.

http://fortune.com/2010/10/15/carly-fiorinas-troubling-telecom-past/

This is a recent article from the guy that Trump referenced in the debate when talking about how horrible Fiorina is:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/09/carly-fiorina-ceo-jeffrey-sonnenfeld-2016-213163

What he gets wrong though is that she should get another chance. HP was her second chance. She also wrecked Lucent:

http://fortune.com/2010/10/15/carly-fiorinas-troubling-telecom-past/

Can't wait till they start attacking her on stuff like this. Anyone up there is better than this batshit lady.

Ogimachi

She presents her story as rags to riches saga, from secretary to CEO, when in fact she is the daughter of a Duke University Law School dean and a federal Appeals Court judge. She just worked for a few months as a receptionist after dropping out of UCLA law school.
I knew about the disasters at Lucent and HP, but this is new to me. What a joke lol

This should is a new poll relevant. SHows the CNN poll was flash.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/...nald-trump-ben-carson-still-leading-gop-race/

Trump: 23%

Carson: 15%

Carly: 10%

As for the republicans in terms of who wants who:

Q5-642x1024.png

1. told you with all the overreaction and misinterpretation that Carson would rise.

2. Trump doesn't look to invincible anymore.

3. Scott Walker quit too soon.

4. Jeb Bush is done.

5. Chris Christie has a chance to stay in the debates.

6. 13 candidates are below 9%

As for who people thought won the CNN debate last week:

Q7.png

1. Carly is consistent to have won.

2. Trump is invinsible.

3. Ben Carson doesn't have to do a single thing and put in only minimum effort and only needs to get a couple cheers and a laugh.

4. I have no idea how Jeb Bush is this high.

5. Huckabee next to drop out?

6. 8 candidates are below 5%

benjipwns

Banned
The online survey of 1,978 random registered voters across the United States took place among a potential audience of 45 million in the Survey Monkey response database,
Again, which only 1475 chose to respond to. That's almost as many people who didn't respond as chose to respond to the GOP survey.

Again, which only 1475 chose to respond to. That's almost as many people who didn't respond as chose to respond to the GOP survey.

I don't see your point, this is the first accurate poll we have gotten so far since Rasmmussen that isn't a flash poll. Still a good sample size as well.

benjipwns

Banned
I don't see your point, this is the first accurate poll we have gotten so far since Rasmmussen that isn't a flash poll. Still a good sample size as well.
It's not a random sample, SurveyMonkey is self-selected, in this case, twice.

And even if it was, there's no way of telling if it's "accurate" or not.

It's not a random sample, SurveyMonkey is self-selected, in this case, twice.

And even if it was, there's no way of telling if it's "accurate" or not.

Well we already have multiple clue about a lot of Democrats not being sure who to vote, on, and most of the republican poll seems to match the others,.

I mean sure Rassmussen is much more reliable, but some of the other polls are straight vote based on recent hype, which I think i saw one poll where Trump had over 60% for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom