• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GOP National Poll. 1st Place: Trump - 41%. 2nd Place: Carson - 12%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also consider this, even if you vote for trump to shake up the established politics of America, even if you don't believe that he will be able to enact his more outrageous policies, please keep in mind that a vote for him is a vote saying that the bigots in America have far more power than they really should have. You are essentially standing by them and giving them a far bigger voice than they will ever have.

Even if he loses there's no putting the genie back in the bottle. The racist, violent and misogynistic masses already have found what they can take as a legitimate voice and they're not going to go back. If he wins, welp...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
As a Bernie supporter I can relate to the anti-establishment attitude, but even I wouldn't vote for that fascist Donald Trump. If he were to become president the US would not longer be the world leader.

Monocle

No. Let's also note she was testifying over a mostly imagined slight. It was not a debate.
I watched the latest Bengazhi hearing. (You won't miss much if you check out a decent highlight real, other than the full weight of those 11 hours.) The Republicans were out for blood, shouting, interrupting, casting all sorts of wild aspersions, and Hillary weathered the storm like an absolute pro. 100% unshakeable. One of the most impressive political events I've ever seen.

He's not been using stats to claim Trump will collapse. Trump is in the position of Romeny last time around. He starts highest and with each challenged self impaling themselves he gets stronger.
He's been using historical precedent and statistical tendencies (citing the probability of rare events and such). Maybe Trump really is an anomaly, but I tend to side with experts rather than gut feelings. Even if Silver isn't relying on hard data, he has enough experience to offer an informed opinion. He could be wrong, of course.

Bernie is my pick. But If Hillary is going to be the face of Democrats then I would vote Trump. Can't stand another Clinton in the office.
Screw gays, women, and brown people, basically. I think I'm actually offended.

wildfire

Banned
deadzonestillson29essy.jpg

This is such a great reference. Since Trump has already drawn valid parallels to Hitler we now obviously need to see if he's the Apocalyptic Candidate.

Cerium

Idk, I'm a liberal thinker, I believe in progressive ideas, and I can exercise those beliefs in my day to day. I don't have to believe what a republican thinks....

With that said, I do not want another democrat running this country.

So I'll probably just vote for trump

Bernie is my pick. But If Hillary is going to be the face of Democrats then I would vote Trump. Can't stand another Clinton in the office.

Democrats as far as the most important issues go like economy, labour and civil rights are almost indistinguishable from republicans.

I would never EVER vote for him but if I had a gun to my head I would rather vote for him than Hillary who seems to be more indebted to bankers and corporate interests than the rich asshole himself. I would rather vote for an idiot that would not be taken seriously by anyone than a supposedly respected politician that in reality is corrupt to the core too.

Personally, I'd vote for Sanders or not vote at all.

A trump/sanders ticket would be my dream.
#SomeMenJustWantToWatchTheWorldBern

le.phat

You mean conservative America are indeed xenophobic, gun-toting dumbasses that are just as racist as they where 150 years ago? YO.

Not a chance. Trump is really good at debates. We have already seen how he overtakes everything against GOP candidates. He stands firm and talks straight with no BS filter.

Both Clinton and Trump are excellent debaters. They basically don't answer the question and start babbling about some random crap. I'm being serious here, they sound extremely confident and are very well spoken, which makes for a great debater.

Trump is very good at roasting people, debating their points not so much.

To be fair, Clinton is not good at debating people's points either. She always struggles when Iraq is brought up and she pulled a damn Louis Griffin and invoked 9/11 when Sanders and O'Malley brought up her ties to wall street and pharma companies.

danm999

To be fair, Clinton is not good at debating people's points either. She always struggles when Iraq is brought up and she pulled a damn Louis Griffin and invoked 9/11 when Sanders and O'Malley brought up her ties to wall street and pharma companies.

I only saw the first debate myself, I heard she was weak in the second.

Condom

Sanders and Hilary struggle in debates. The last Democrat debate really shocked me at how weak the Democrat line up was. They don't interact or debate very much just for one.
The Democrats are leaps better than the Republicans in debating.

Hilary says nothing but sounds very stately and intelligent saying it the vast majority of the time. She develops enough of a thread that you start to forget about the circuitous nature of her non-answers.

Trump says nothing but sounds hateful and erratic when saying it the vast majority of the time. He can barely say 3 sentences on the same topic and makes completely false claims that are going to get called out by moderators in the general. His non-sequiturs are charming to red meat conservatives much like Palin, but I think people outside that world who are only moderately engaged politically will find him a bit odd.

Trump's hate speech during the primary is going to make some amazing supercuts of intolerance that will be impossible to overcome. I am not sure that even a terrorist attack is going to make Latino's forget that he called them all rapists or black people forget that he said it was ok for his supporters to beat somebody down for exercising their right to protest. And the simple fact is that demographically, the GOP needs a growing portion of those groups to come to their side for any electoral math to work.

Henkka

Banned
So... 1st place, a race baiting xenophobe with fascist tendencies. 2nd place goes to a mouthbreathing creationist who made up his past and has funny ideas about the pyramids. Together, they make up 50% of the GOP vote. Damn, son.

Hylian7

The "joke" stopped being funny months ago. I'd really rather him not win the nomination because it's way too close for comfort of him even getting that far.

I know people say this all the time about a presidential candidate they don't like, but I will actually move to Canada if Trump somehow becomes President. I'm dead serious. Trump would be that terrible. I would rather take a thousand Mitt Romney's, Ted Cruz's, and even George W. Bush's over Trump.

I'd love for Bernie to make the Democratic nomination, but I'm okay with Hillary too.

The "joke" stopped being funny months ago. I'd really rather him not win the nomination because it's way too close for comfort of him even getting that far.

I know people say this all the time about a presidential candidate they don't like, but I will actually move to Canada if Trump somehow becomes President. I'm dead serious. Trump would be that terrible. I would rather take a thousand Mitt Romney's, Ted Cruz's, and even George W. Bush's over Trump.

I'd love for Bernie to make the Democratic nomination, but I'm okay with Hillary too.
Its not a joke many Americans feel him on his ideas why would it take him being nominated to get you to move? and what exactly could Canada save you from?

Its not a joke many Americans feel him on his ideas why would it take him being nominated to get you to move? and what exactly could Canada save you from?

I've never understood the argument myself.

I didn't leave when Bush "won", I won't if Trump does.

My alcoholism may rear its head around again though.

jerry1594

Can we have two democrat nominees? I'm pretty sure trump has nuked his and whatever other republican nominee's chances.

He isn't winning a general. His only shot would be dems staying home and not voting. But he has shimmied so far to the right that the shit he is saying is going to get EVERYONE out there to vote to make sure he doesn't stand a chance.

He either doesn't have anyone around him that's strategizing at all, or he simply doesn't want to win anything but the GOP nod.

How do you know this will be the case?

Erevador

You are free to refrain from voting if you object so strongly to Hillary Clinton, someone against whom many very valid criticisms could be leveled.

But voting for someone who is the literal embodiment of everything your chosen candidate opposes suggests that you are the very worst kind of voter, one in such a state of ideological confusion and incoherence that you are susceptible to the emotional appeals of even the most deranged candidates.

Sinoox

Banned
Ok, like I was saying in another thread; this pretty much confirms Hilary's position as president. If the Republicans choose to nominate someone like Trump he flat out won't win because he can't connect with minorities. It would be sick to have Bernie take over Hilary, but I think he's too straight edge to win against her. This is one of the most predictable elections I've ever witnessed and it seriously discomforts me. What the hell has happened to our political system?

But voting for someone who is the literal embodiment of everything your chosen candidate opposes suggests that you are the very worst kind of voter, one in such a state of ideological confusion and incoherence that you are susceptible to the emotional appeals of even the most deranged candidates.

Bollocks. Rather than looking at things in black and white, they may see that there are positives and negatives to both sides of the coin. Those voters are called independents. Trump and Bernie are certainly two different extremes, but there's not a whole lot of choice here. I'd personally rather have either one of them before Hillary. She's a fake person run by special interests. She would leave the country in stagnation instead of moving it forward in some direction.

If it's Trump v. Clinton, even as a hardcore Bernie supporter I would vote Clinton in a heartbeat. Trump is an absolute mad man, and while he was funny to watch at first, now he's just scary after something like 6 straight months atop the polls.

Bollocks. Rather than looking at things in black and white, they may see that there are positives and negatives to both sides of the coin. Those voters are called independents. Trump and Bernie are certainly two different extremes, but there's not a whole lot of choice here. I'd personally rather have either one of them before Hillary. She's a fake person run by special interests. She would leave the country in stagnation instead of moving it forward in some direction.

Can you explain how Bernie is as extreme as Trump?

YourMaster

I think Hillary is a problematic candidate and it would not surprise me at all if Trump wins with a bigger margin against her compared to previous presidential victories.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ok, like I was saying in another thread; this pretty much confirms Hilary's position as president. If the Republicans choose to nominate someone like Trump he flat out won't win because he can't connect with minorities. It would be sick to have Bernie take over Hilary, but I think he's too straight edge to win against her. This is one of the most predictable elections I've ever witnessed and it seriously discomforts me. What the hell has happened to our political system?

Sorry, but I would not want to associate with the people that would move in the same direction as trump. A lot of minorities would not be able to afford that experiment.

You do realise that not all movement is progress right?

It's not a game, you know. There are a lot of people who cannot afford a trump presidency and giving more power to the bigots he represent. The fact that you see it as some experiment to move things forward shows that you're in a privileged position that can afford those changes without much repercussion. You have to recognise that a lot of people cannot.

Already, even in the race for nomination, he is emboldening bigots to attack minorities. Can you imagine what would happen if it goes further?

BokehKing

Banned
If you think about it, Trump could be doing the GOP a favor, the evil bad guy, who will take him down? We need a hero who can show that's not who the GOP really is

At the same time this person could sway the tide, make the GOP "appear" to care about minority voters....

But they have NO one

I don't want Clinton in power, I can't do another probably 8 years of a mistake.

I know that's a very unpopular opinion on GAF, and 8 years ago I would be right there with you all, echoing those same sentiments as everyone else in this thread.

But what's that Churchill quote

"If you're 20 and not a democrat you have no heart
If you're 30 and not a conservative you have no brain"

Idk, that sums me up I guess

Idk, I'm a liberal thinker, I believe in progressive ideas, and I can exercise those beliefs in my day to day. I don't have to believe what a republican thinks....

With that said, I do not want another democrat running this country.

So I'll probably just vote for trump
I'd love to see the gymnastics to justify this.

BokehKing

Banned
I'd love to see the gymnastics to justify this.
It's easy, I don't like clintons , I don't have to justify anything, I don't trust her as someone to run this country

That doesn't change the way I will continue to live my life following the simple code of "do the right humane thing"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom