• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-CNN GOP debate poll: Fiorina surges to 2nd place, Furby falls 8% points

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

New CNN/ORC poll:
Interviews with 1,006 adult Americans conducted by telephone by ORC International on September 17 - 19, 2015. The margin of sampling error for results based on the total sample is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Trump 24 (-8)
Fiorina 15 (+12)
Carson 14 (-5)
Rubio 11 (+8)
Bush 9
Cruz/Huckabee 6
Paul 4
Christie 3
Kasich 2
Santorum 1

Five other candidates received less than one-half of 1 percentage point support: former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore, South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former New York Gov. George Pataki and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/20/p...-donald-trump-republican-2016-poll/index.html

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Kasich polling is so funny to me. Are there no more research reasonable Republicans out there? He was the only one not spewing garbage 100% of the time...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If she doesn't secure the nomination she can always be a horror movie director.

GrapeApes

Damn Scott Walker fell off hard! How are they determining the next debate? Would be hilarious if he got demoted to this kids table.

Yup, this is exactly what I thought would happen. Carly had a strong showing (even if she was batshit insane) and I definitely see this as the start of the slowing of the trump train. Cruz/Huckabee being higher sucks, but thank god that this is hopefully the end of Walker.

FiggyCal

Banned
Gross. she might be the only candidate with less of a chance to win the presidency than Trump.

Actually nvm, that's still Bonby Jindal.

I'm legit shocked how he's completely faded into obscurity since his announcement.
Wasn't he one of the front-runners before this whole circus really kicked into high gear?

I don't know what Walker is doing. He barely has any speaking time in these debates.

oh walker, damnnnnn homie, back before the debates you were the maaaaaaaan homie, the fuck happened to you?

It's gonna be Rubio, isn't it. It'll take a while, but it's gonna be Rubio.
Rubio right now:

giphy.gif

Apt101

Remember the wise words of Colbert. They feel at you. Facts, sober logic, historical precedent, none of that means anything. She forcefully spoke about dead babies and abortion. If she keeps up such similar tactics she'll win the GOP primaries.

Oh, also racism, sexism, hate all gays, etc.

RDreamer

I don't want Walker to fade into obscurity. I was really hoping for epic meltdown level embarrassment over something.

Hexa

Blah. Anyone but Fiona. Ok that's not entirely true. She's at least better than Huckabee. Still hoping Trump pulls through to the general.

Africanus

oh walker, damnnnnn homie, back before the debates you were the maaaaaaaan homie, the fuck happened to you?

Rubio right now:

giphy.gif

I actually fear this because of the potential for a Latino vote swing.

Rubio hasn't made as many onerous comments regarding the Latin-America demographic as Ben Carson has towards the black one has he?

At times he sounds reasonable even.

Jarmel

Banned
It still might not be Rubio as Establishment Republicans are only making up a small amount of votes it seems. The Tea Party is out in force this primary and so I'm left wondering where the votes will shift when either Carson or Fiorina lose.

woolley

I think we'll see a big drop off before the next debate. I doubt these people have the money to go for another month.

The woman that said she wanted to split back up Germany for some reason during the debate is now in second place.... these people scare me sometimes.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Not surprised at all. Fiorina had a good performance in the first JV debate and really capitalized on the big stage. She really played for the base, so I'm sure it went over well.

Jeb was terrible, but his numbers always stay the same. I think the people he has must be huge Bush fans and are in it no matter what.

Rubio must be happy. Top people are all non establishment candidates, so I feel like the GOP should probably move support over from Jeb to Rubio.

benjipwns

Banned
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2015/images/09/20/rel10a.pdf
Regardless of who you support, which candidate do you think did the best job in Wednesday night’s
debates? (RANDOM ORDER)
Fiorina 52%
Rubio 14%
Trump 11%
Christie 6%
Carson 3%
Cruz 3%
Graham 2%
Bush 2%
Kasich 2%
Paul 2%
Huckabee 1%
Jindal *
Pataki *
Santorum *
Walker *

10. And which of those candidates do you think did the worst job in the debates? (RANDOM ORDER)
Trump 31%
Paul 22%
Bush 9%
Huckabee 7%
Walker 6%
Carson 4%
Christie 3%
Fiorina 2%
Graham 2%
Pataki 2%
Jindal 1%
Kasich 1%
Cruz *
Rubio *
Santorum *

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
53% towards non-establishment candidates?

wow

Fury451

Banned
Kasich polling is so funny to me. Are there no more research reasonable Republicans out there? He was the only one not spewing garbage 100% of the time...

I enjoy him; I think he's the best candidate for an honest "political issues" campaign. But he's not part of the pandering nonsense that the majority want.

Slayven

Carson got to be mad right now, if they had hit him with a race question and he turned on his charm he would be ahead of Trump

The Llama

Like others, I could also see the nominee being Rubio. Could definitely see the establishment voters falling in behind him while the non-establishment voters stay split between Trump/Carson/Fiorina.

bud

carson

how

the man sounds like he is mentally challenged (no offence to those who are mentally challenged).

what is wrong with america?

Into

Any combination of the top 4 is pretty formidable

A Rubio + Fiorina team would go well. Trump + Carson too (Don and the Doc)

Yeah I can see Rubio coming out of this when the dust settles. Trump's antics are catching up with him and the media attention after the Muslim thing is going to shift the more reasonable part of his voters to the next person in line. I still think he has a shot but he needs the rest of the pack to destroy each other

Ahasverus

Rubio is the only half decent republican, if he changed some fundamentals things he'd be a just fine president. that said, Bernie for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom