• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP Debate lineup announced, Christie/Huckabee bumped (Nov 10th, Fox Business)

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
So Rubio accused Trump of not actually being against immigrants and actually secretly supporting the DREAM act and amnesty but just pretending to be against illegal immigrants to run for president.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...on_immigration_just_to_run_for_president.html

272b82c92c10ec2d9bde7406edb3077811b29ef205a7c5432a51f77c0665f840.jpg
Oh my, Rubio's going to suffer.

Rand Paul is arguably the craziest person on the entire side of the GOP.

Don't let reasonable views on drugs and foreign policy distract you from the fact that he is the worst on every other issue out there.
How is he the craziest? Yeah I heard him saying the usual BS that republicans say to please their audiences, but ffs Trump wants to build a wall "like the great wall of China with a beautiful big door".

Libertarians are far out of the mainstream presidential politics.

Tbh none of these people (in the primary and the kiddie debate) are not fit for office. I just see Paul as the "lesser evil", as he won't be trying to start WWIII.

Hexa

The idea that Trump is "pretending" to be racist just to run as a Republican is pretty funny. The fact that this idea is coming from another Republican candidate is hilarious.

Trump is going to destroy him over this. He has plenty to work with here.

He tweeted this in response:
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago
Rubio lied about my meeting w/ Hispanic activists. I didn’t change my opinion but treated them w/ respect. Shame!
http://www.rubioamnestyplan.com
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/662411704979095552

Saving the big punch for the debate I'm assuming. What if Rubio doubles down on this during the debate? Holy shit. That would be glorious.

Slayven

lol. That's what it sounds like he was implying but it just sounds so bizarre for him of all people to imply that I didn't comment on it.
Like, even if racists don't vote for Trump, they're most certainly not going to be voting for him. So why?
When you have nothing to lose you can throw crazy shit against the wall.

Yet Rand remains? He's got 1%, why is he even up here?

Maybe he nothing better too do. Ever ssince he caught up on Girls and House of Cards he been lost

Yessss, Huckabee one step closer to getting the fuck out. Can't stand that man.
What an utterly irredeemable man.

Brakke

Banned
We didn't really need to hear from Christie any more anyway, he was just going to shout "9/11!" and "Fuck Hillary Am I Right?" a few times.

I hope moderators go in on this hotep nonsense Carson's been having. Ask him all kinda pharaoh questions.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
We didn't really need to hear from Christie any more anyway, he was just going to shout "9/11!" and "Fuck Hillary Am I Right?" a few times.

I hope moderators go in on this hotep nonsense Carson's been having. Ask him all kinda pharaoh questions.
I get the feeling they're gonna reign in the moderators as much as possible. Can't have another CNBC fiasco.

Slayven

Hahah hotep

Trust me the next set of moderators will be so denutted the hardest question they will ask is what time is it.

I get the feeling they're gonna reign in the moderators as much as possible. Can't have another CNBC fiasco.
You don't get to play the liberal media card when Roger Ailes' network is hosting the debate. Keep in mind that few of the schmucks on that podium are expecting a Fox News commentator gig.

Slayven

In a better world there would a be a WWE swerve just before the debate and Anderson Cooper would decend from the rafters like Sting.

You don't get to play the liberal media card when Roger Ailes' network is hosting the debate. Keep in mind that few of the schmucks on that podium are expecting a Fox News commentator gig.

Trump did exactly this during the first debate when Megyn Kelly tried to throw him under the bus...and won.

Trump did exactly this during the first debate when Megyn Kelly tried to throw him under the bus...and won.
He shot back at Megyn Kelly and made it personal, like he does all the time. He didn't call her attacks part of liberal media propaganda like rubio and carson did.

Revolver

I'm glad that blowhard Christie and the tent revival preacher Huckabee got flushed. Neither one added anything worthwhile. I'm surprised to see Paul still floating around the bowl though.

Cyan

Banned

He didn't play the liberal media card, though; he called out Fox for being incredibly heavy-handedly obvious about directly targeting him. He was being targeted from the right, but he was definitely being targeted.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I agree that it's really unexpected to see Paul still hanging around. Must have bribed the right persons.

Revolver

So Trump's taking a shot at Carson. I hope he sets his sights on Ben in the next debate but I've gotten my hopes up before.

Donald J. Trump
‏@realDonaldTrump

The Carson story is either a total fabrication or, if true, even worse-trying to hit mother over the head with a hammer or stabbing friend!

What story is he talking about? His book or the CNN special?

Well, all the violence from his past is pretty much made up. Noone can find proof of anything that he said is actually true from his violent past or from that robbery at Popeyes. There was no police report filed if the Popeye's was robbed. Also people that knew him when he was young have come out and said that they never saw that side of him.

Hexa

CNN showing another A Tale of Two Carsons bit

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 35m35 minutes ago
The Carson story is either a total fabrication or, if true, even worse-trying to hit mother over the head with a hammer or stabbing friend!

So Rubio is attacking Trump for not actually being racist and Trump is half attacking Carson for not actually trying to hurt his mother and stab someone.

The people that say this election isn't as crazy or interesting as 2012 are full of crap. This is amazing.

Revolver

What story is he talking about? His book or the CNN special?

I'm assuming the CNN special. Now Carson claims he made up the names of the two people he assaulted to protect them from the press.

(CNN)Ben Carson said Thursday that the names of two people he has previously identified as victims of his childhood violence are "fictitious."

"I don't like to generally bring them in, the names I used for instance are fictitious names because I don't want to bring people into something like this because I know what you guys do to their lives‎," Carson told reporters in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

Could this be Fox showing solidarity with 'On Cinema, At The Cinema' after Hucklebee ruined their Oscars party livestream?

It wouldn't be the first time the MSM tipped the hat to those auteurs.

Given their polling numbers this probably won't affect the race too much. However at least we can cull the amount of time spent on irrelevant candidates that are never going to win a little bit. I don't see them sending Bush to the kiddie debate or pulling the plug on the campaign until January at the earliest.

ryseing

To be fair, he's the only one I can see as a serious candidate for the US presidency. The rest, in all fairness, are mere clowns..just like Sarah Palin and that anti-gay woman who's married to a closeted gay man.

Kasich is the Huntsman of the last go around- the only adult in the room. Unfortunately that doesn't particularly endear him to the base.

(yes, I know his state policies were shit. He hasn't presented himself like that thus far).

about time, theres no gurantee the next debate it stays like this though, chris christie could end up on the main stage if he's above 2.5%.but then again it would be up to CNN Dec in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom