• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN severs ties w/ DNC chair Brazile for sharing Dem primary debate q's with Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCizzle

A lone fraudulent voter in Idaho means nothing to me. Have some perspective.

Sure, kind of like a foreign power working on behalf of a candidate to influence the election on the most macro scale possible? Citing emails that were uncovered and released by that same foreign power while wanting clean elections seems... odd.

Clockwork5

An even better analogy would be "we have a test tomorrow, I know the teacher can't possibly ask questions from every chapter of the course book, but I know he'll ask a question about this chapter". It's still cheating because you can prepare that chapter. Why can't you see that telling her what the question was about, and not Trump aswel, is concidered cheating? In poker analogy: one show all show. As minimal as the advantage might be, it's cheating. It doesn't matter what the significance is. If it's insignificant then the person who leaked the question to Clinton should have not spoken at all.
The question was asked during a democratic primary debate.

And it very much adheres to the analogy of faculty giving a test question to a single student.

Sure, kind of like a foreign power working on behalf of a candidate to influence the election on the most macro scale possible? Citing emails that were uncovered and released by that same foreign power while wanting clean elections seems... odd.

90% of the politicoans give bad rep to the rest. Same in Russia

Clockwork5

Not when those emails expose that the election was not so clean. That is the issue at hand. We have little control over what foreign nations want to do with our emails because our cyber security is laughable. However, we, the people, can control corruption within our own elected government. And in my opinion, we should.

Azzanadra

Ha what a shitshow. Can't say I feel bad for her, good thing she is only an interim leader of the DNC. Can't say this reflects bad on Clinton as she had no idea, but it does reflect badly on the DNC that clearly did not stay neutral to both candidates. Its one thing to have personal preference, its another to favour through actions.

Not when those emails expose that the election was not so clean. That is the issue at hand. We have little control over what foreign nations want to do with our emails because our cyber security is laughable. However, we, the people, can control corruption within our own elected government. And in my opinion, we should.

Trump has the ability to condemn those who are interfering in our elections big time, instead of asking them to fucking double down, and you wanna talk about shit being unfair and corrupt? REALLY? That's your guy? The one that invites foreign nations to interrupt the process?

There's an incredible disconnect from reality on display here, and your boy Bernie would be ashamed.

Believe me, I would love to see a GOP dump as well. But I'm not going to shy away from this info nor discard it because I don't have equal knowledge of the other side. I'm not saying you are either, you are obviously in this thread.
I'm very torn on this. Even though I don't believe that the primaries are an official function of our democracy stuff like this shouldn't be happening and poisons the faith that people have as participants in them. At the same time I don't believe that this information is being leaked to shed light on corruption as much as its being leaked to drive a wedge into the Democratic caucus and I don't like being manipulated.

JCizzle

How do you think the country would be run by a person any differently from, say, a corporation or charitable foundation where that same person was the CEO? Especially if corruption is something that worries you a lot? I mean, this guy was busted for flat out racial discrimination under a company he controlled among a million other corrupt things.

Dude Abides

Banned
You are afraid to read them arent you?

You're afraid to tell me aren't you?

I've already read many of them. Unless you have an actual argument to make about how these emails show that the primary was actually affected by debate cheating or internal emails by DNC staffers, I think we're done here.

Does anyone REALLY think that Hillary, the overpreparer, wouldn't have had a good answer about Flint if Donna didn't tell her about that question beforehand?

Agreed 100%. Most of these fumbles have been due to the DNC's perceived lack of confidence in her, and not a result of her own judgement.

HOWEVER.

The right thing for the Clinton camp to do would have been to call Brazile out on this immediately. They could have scored major points by saying "we're not going to cheat, and those that try to sway the election either for or against us are doing a disservice to the country." They neglected to do this, even knowing the immense scrutiny their emails would be facing, and now they look scummy as a consequence.

Oh no, im bringing up the emails.

Are you afraid to read them?

Nope. I just find it hilarious that you are outing yourself as a "both sides are bad. Fuck the establishment" type of deplorable.

Absolute nonsense. Third type exists and you do a great disservice by just labeling them Anti-Hillary/establishment while belittling their political views and what they stand for. Two party system is a broken democracy and when you take into account the DNC's favouritism towards one specific candidate and an absolute disdain for the other candidate, you leave people with no choice but to refrain from voting.

Sorry, but only one party has been a social conservative, obstructionist disease on America, and it's not the Democrats.

And if "what they stand for" was actual policy, they wouldn't have such a ridiculous nothing that Hillary is a bad choice considering what she has proposed, what she has actually gotten done, and who are already supporting her.

So I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt, but the only difference between you and a Nader voter is that this election isn't looking to be close in the POTUS race.

An even better analogy would be "we have a test tomorrow, I know the teacher can't possibly ask questions from every chapter of the course book, but I know he'll ask a question about this chapter". It's still cheating because you can prepare that chapter. Why can't you see that telling her what the question was about, and not Trump aswel, is concidered cheating? In poker analogy: one show all show. As minimal as the advantage might be, it's cheating. It doesn't matter what the significance is. If it's insignificant then the person who leaked the question to Clinton should have not spoken at all.

Except the Flint question wasn't some unexpected curveball. It was a predictably relevant question that Hillary would have been prepared for even without the tip from Donna.

Was what Donna did bad? Absolutely, but let's not claim this feeds into the primaries being rigged against Bernie, because only a fool would think the tip made the difference between hilary fumbling that question or not.

Rayis

I wonder what the worst things in those leaked emails are, my heart literally races when I hear there has been a leak, I wish someone would hack the RNC and/or Trump's emails as well because it's obviously the low level of dirt politics we're stooping down to.

Ha what a shitshow. Can't say I feel bad for her, good thing she is only an interim leader of the DNC. Can't say this reflects bad on Clinton as she had no idea, but it does reflect badly on the DNC that clearly did not stay neutral to both candidates. Its one thing to have personal preference, its another to favour through actions.

Huh

I wonder what the worst things in those leaked emails are, my heart literally races when I hear there has been a leak, I wish someone would hack the RNC and/or Trump's emails as well because it's obviously the low level of dirt politics we're stooping down to.

I bet there is so much gold to be found in the RNC emails.

Toxi

Banned
I don't. This shit needs to stop.

Nope. I just find it hilarious that you are outing yourself as a "both sides are bad. Fuck the establishment" type of deplorable.

What's hilarious is you think this is an acceptable way to talk about someone just because they're not voting for your candidate. It's fucking scary.

cwmartin

What's hilarious is you think this is an acceptable way to talk about someone just because they're not voting for your candidate. It's fucking scary.

Is it possible to judge someone based on the merit of the candidate they ARE voting for? Why is it only because they aren't voting for "who you want"?

This isn't some Romney vs Obama type of election. Only one candidate is actually acceptable and qualified for the job.

Anyone who tries to equate the possible corruption of Hillary with all the horrible shit Trump has said and done is deplorable. Sorry if that's mean but last I checked Hillary isn't doing shit like encouraging her fans to commit voter intimidation.

I hate trump because what he has said in public and i despise hrc because what she has said in private.

The emails are disgusting.

Name me the things Hillary has said that are as bad as Trump openly encouraging his supporters to physically assault protesters.

Is it possible to judge someone based on the merit of the candidate they ARE voting for? Why is it only because they aren't voting for "who you want"?

It's also perfectly fine to judge someone based on who they aren't voting for in an election where there is only one decent choice.

Debirudog

What emails are there that actually show Hillary colluding with the DNC?

There was no freaking way the DNC wasn't going to favor another candidate and the best thing they did was that they did not act on it. The issue is that if there was any evidence to have rigged the voting process (yet Bernie benefitted heavily from caucuses) in favor of Clinton and there's none of it. What Donna did was inexcusable but the debates did not change the outcome of the matter.

RPGCrazied

People really think this is going to hurt Hillary this election? Come on now. Thinking of a President Trump makes my skin fucking crawl. Every time I see him speak on TV I get nauseous. At this point there is nothing she can do that would stop me from voting for her, oh wait, I already did!

Macam

Banned
giphy.gif

Although the debates are meaningless fluff, it's also not surprising behavior from the DNC or the HRC side.

Ponn

Banned
People really think this is going to hurt Hillary this election? Come on now. Thinking of a President Trump makes my skin fucking crawl. Every time I see him speak on TV I get nauseous. At this point there is nothing she can do that would stop me from voting for her, oh wait, I already did!

I don't know if anyone is really arguing that this will sink her election, especially at this point. This does need to be looked at, discussed and not handwaived off just because someones choice won over another. Next time it could be your candidate of choice getting a stacked deck against them. This is absolutely not how politics should work. Period. The DNC needs to see a major reorganization happen after the election if they don't want to end up like the GOP now.

Phased

She wasn't told by Donna how she needs to answer. She was told about what the question would be about.

And I'm focused because the whole "this is such rigging" argument implies that this tip actually made any significant difference.

Bolded is the problem though. I support Hillary, and have already voted for her, but this is a really shitty thing to do.

Regardless of how well prepared Hillary is, this is extremely unprofessional and doesn't look good. Saying "Well she was likely going to be prepared for that question anyways" is a deflecting from the fact that one of the debate questions got leaked and that is really shady. You can be a Hillary supporter and still say this is an extremely bad thing to do, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

She's going to beat Trump next week, but why on earth would you want to give him and his supporters actual ammo to make the case that it's a rigged system? Donna should be fired for that all by itself, but what she did is legitimately shady and makes the entire campaign look bad.

RPGCrazied

I don't know if anyone is really arguing that this will sink her election, especially at this point. This does need to be looked at, discussed and not handwaived off just because someones choice won over another. Next time it could be your candidate of choice getting a stacked deck against them. This is absolutely not how politics should work. Period. The DNC needs to see a major reorganization happen after the election if they don't want to end up like the GOP now.

Yeah, but the fact is if its not Hillary, its him. So, again, I'd still would vote for her after learning this. A President Trump is unacceptable to me. I simply won't live in this country if he wins. Fuck that.

Eidan

Bolded is the problem though. I support Hillary, and have already voted for her, but this is a really shitty thing to do.

Regardless of how well prepared Hillary is, this is extremely unprofessional and doesn't look good. Saying "Well she was likely going to be prepared for that question anyways" is a deflecting from the fact that one of the debate questions got leaked and that is really shady. You can be a Hillary supporter and still say this is an extremely bad thing to do, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

She's going to beat Trump next week, but why on earth would you want to give him and his supporters actual ammo to make the case that it's a rigged system? Donna should be fired for that all by itself, but what she did is legitimately shady and makes the entire campaign look bad.

Are we still under the impression that these people need "actual ammo"? The right has wallowed in conspiracy theories for longer than most of us have been alive, ammo is not needed for them to feel victimized and put upon. Say you think Brazile's actions are unethical and should be harshly condemned and avoided, but don't do it because of some misplaced desire to appease the fucking right.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, but the fact is if its not Hillary, its him. So, again, I'd still would vote for her after learning this. A President Trump is unacceptable to me. I simply won't live in this country if he wins. Fuck that.

You and others are turning this into "But think about TRUMP!". Who is bringing that up though? Most people are just saying this is shitty and needs to be looked at and people are knee jerk reacting "GET OVER IT! Vote against Trump" It's deflecting discussion, probably because its uncomfortable. Oh well, get over it, it needs to be discussed and addressed if you want people to continue voting in good faith.

Real Hero

You actually sound like a trump supporter here

rjinaz

I feel I need to point out that the debates are not legally required. There is no " election corruption" that should be called out even if Clinton knew the info had been taken from the source. Unethical, sure.

I'm not happy about it. I wish this hadn't been done, it wasn't needed to be done, at all. But once again people are going crazy because it involves Clinton.

Chiggs

Gold Member
So when can we expect leaks from the Republican primaries?

Haha, their hate was so publicized little could shock me, but it would be nice to see something from that side of the fence.

Just so that all faith in this country can be shattered.

studyguy

I feel I need to point out that the debates are not legally required. There is no " election corruption" that should be called out even if Clinton knew the info had been taken from the source. Unethical, sure.

I'm not happy about it. I wish this hadn't been done, it wasn't needed to be done, at all. But once again people are going crazy because it involves Clinton.

Honestly for a while there I was surprised we even had debates, wouldn't have been the first presidential election to have a candidate forgo them.

rjinaz

I for one don't want to see leaks about the Republicans even if they deserve it. I don't condone Russians stealing private info one way or the other.

I will not read the emails for you.

So basically you are too deplorable to answer the question.

Thanks for confirming that, deplorable.

Oh I absolutely agree that Donna should never have done this.

I am just disagreeing with the dumb idea that Hillary NEEDED these tips in order to be prepared for the flint question.

You and others are turning this into "But think about TRUMP!". Who is bringing that up though? Most people are just saying this is shitty and needs to be looked at and people are knee jerk reacting "GET OVER IT! Vote against Trump" It's deflecting discussion, probably because its uncomfortable. Oh well, get over it, it needs to be discussed and addressed if you want people to continue voting in good faith.

There are literally people in this thread who are using petty shit like what Donna did as an excuse to claim that Hillary is just as bad as Donald Trump and that therefor they won't be voting for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom